Acer Predator X34 34" Curved 3440x1440 75Hz Monitor w/ G-Sync available in August and for around £999!

I want to know what panel they use before id even consider buying but DANG that's what I would totally get

Ips is not capapable of 144hz. So you would be right. And I am thinking at least $1200

IPS at 144 hz +g-sync is already here in a 27" flat screen model at 2560 x 1440.  I give you the:

Acer XB270HU - The World's First 144Hz IPS with G-sync

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/news_archive/32.htm#acer_xb270hu_ips

Now as far as its big brother XR341CK Predator....

Acer still hasn't published confirmed specs for it. But considering Acer already has a 27" 144hz IPS, chances are good the 34" will also be 144hz IPS.  My only fear is that it will be at 2560 x 1080 instead of the "real" wide screen of 3440 x 1440 (based on LG's newest 34" model, the 

LG Freesync Ultrawide 34UM67 failing to achieve 3440 x 1440 w/ free sync).  I just don't see how/why Acer could have gotten ahold of tech that much more advanced than what LG just came out with.  But I really hope I'm wrong and this new Predator will be the panel that replaces my 34uc97 the instant they start selling them.

I'd expect it to cost around 1700 USD which I will gladly pay if its 3440 x 1440 and anything faster than 60 hz with g-sync.  They are clearly aiming at the high end gamer crowd with this one.

*CPU:  Intel 5960x @ 4.0 ghz on Corsair H80i WaterCool Unit

*Mobo:  Asus Rampage V Extreme
*RAM:  32 GB DDR4 3000 G.Skill Ripjaws4@2400
*Graphics:  2 x EVGA GTX 980 SLI
*Monitor:  LG 34UC97 curved 34" 3440 x 1440 @ 60hz
*Storage A:  Samsung XP941 Windows 8.1
*Other: 2 x Seagate 7200 RPM 6TB Raid0, 2 x V-Raptor 1.0TB Raid0, 1 x Crucial M4 512MB, 1 x Hitachi 4TB 
*Case/PSU:  Lian Li PC-V750 + Corsair AX1200i PSU + Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

IPS at 144 hz +g-sync is already here in a 27" flat screen model at 2560 x 1440.  I give you the:

Acer XB270HU - The World's First 144Hz IPS with G-sync

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/news_archive/32.htm#acer_xb270hu_ips

Now as far as its big brother XR341CK Predator....

Acer still hasn't published confirmed specs for it. But considering Acer already has a 27" 144hz IPS, chances are good the 34" will also be 144hz IPS.  My only fear is that it will be at 2560 x 1080 instead of the "real" wide screen of 3440 x 1440 (based on LG's newest 34" model, the 

LG Freesync Ultrawide 34UM67 failing to achieve 3440 x 1440 w/ free sync).  I just don't see how/why Acer could have gotten ahold of tech that much more advanced than what LG just came out with.  But I really hope I'm wrong and this new Predator will be the panel that replaces my 34uc97 the instant they start selling them.

I'd expect it to cost around 1700 USD which I will gladly pay if its 3440 x 1440 and anything faster than 60 hz with g-sync.  They are clearly aiming at the high end gamer crowd with this one.

Hopefully it will be a bit cheaper considering Acer are generally cheaper than LG, Acer's 4k G-Sync TN panel was competitively priced compared to the ROG Swift.

Also what's interesting is the LG ultrawide Freesync monitor is 75hz not 144hz.

That being said a good screen is a good investment, My 2006 LG Plasma still looks amazing and this monitor looks to be exactly what I've been waiting for.

i really like the idea of 21:9 but i just can't bring myself to buy one without trying it first plus after using my dads colour accurate monitor for a while i must i want a colour accurate monitor from now on. the options now with monitors is nuts....

2560x1080

3440x1440

IPS or TN (though personally IPS all the way)

and others stuff like:

144hz

colour accurate

G-sync

Free-sync

curved or not curved...

really how am i ment to pick a new monitor when i effectively want it all... :P 

give me a 3440x1440 or 4k that has the following and ill buy it: 

144hz

IPS (IPS-AH would be nice)

Colour accurate 

sub 5ms response time

curved

G-sync or free sync (though G-sync likely the better option unless AMD's 300 series really are balls to walls :P

1st world problems rant over :P 

Hi!  Please quote me in replies otherwise I may not see your response!

I'm genuinely interested, however...

1. This is the year the Rift supposedly goes final so i'll probably persevere and wait for that. mainly since I see this being an ideal display for my Elite: Dangerous endeavours (not SC, need a PC that can drive that game good on that kind of monitor). otherwise my dual 1080p screen will do me fine for a good while more
  2. Speaking of my dual 1080p screens. they barely fit so i'd struggle to find somewhere to put it.

But in a perfect situation, i'd quickly snag this up in a jiffy (or Giffy if you prefer).

It'll probably cost a metric bum ton, mind.

This is badass. Acer are rockin' it these days in the monitor world. I'm now interested to see what is next for the predator brand.

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Apology 38a, Socrates

Sounds like the monitor i've been waiting for. But, that stand concerns me...

Congratulations Acer, you have managed to create my dream monitor. I can only hope that it's not too expensive.

• 2 weeks later...

I really do hope this is a IPS panel monitor. I had the LG 34UC87-B in use for a few weeks, was around 900 euros but had to return it because it had horrible vertical tearing constantly which wasn't normal according to LG customer support. So if this monitor is around 1250 usd, I'll buy it.

What gets me wondering is that the model they announced earlier had a 1440p IPS based panel which had 144Hz & GSync, wouldn't that suggest this monitor could be IPS-based too?

I need more space on my desk. I have 21.3 inch and takes to much space on my desk

Well It looks like if all is true this will be the monitor I will buy this year. The funny thing is I though about buying both the ROG swift and the LG34UM95. Now I can truly have my cake and eat it to!

Everyone should know how hard I am for this...

lol

I really do hope this is a IPS panel monitor. I had the LG 34UC87-B in use for a few weeks, was around 900 euros but had to return it because it had horrible vertical tearing constantly which wasn't normal according to LG customer support. So if this monitor is around 1250 usd, I'll buy it.

What gets me wondering is that the model they announced earlier had a 1440p IPS based panel which had 144Hz & GSync, wouldn't that suggest this monitor could be IPS-based too?

That's what I've been thinking too, Can't see a reason for them to invent the first 3440x1440 TN panel but I was surprised when the 34" Ultrawide Freesync LG monitor was 1080p because it was a first.

I just hope it will have HDMI and not cost an arm and a leg, that and for it to come out ASAP, badly want to upgrade from my 60hz TN 1080P monitor.

great!

got anything I miss on mine, can't wait.

please have vesa...

btw. diablo 3 is lovely on 3440x1440

post-189496-0-74765500-1423408440_thumb.

post-189496-0-74765500-1423408440_thumb.

Something tells me it will be TN, but at the same time I think IPS. Wonder how much it'll cost.

What would be the issue if it is? the biggest issue with TN is viewing angles xD and it's curved so it's naturally gonna have that issue Color accuracy can be calibrated and between TNs is highly varying but look at RoG Swift, that thing is more accurate than a good portion of IPSs or PLSs

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

What would be the issue if it is? the biggest issue with TN is viewing angles xD and it's curved so it's naturally gonna have that issue Color accuracy can be calibrated and between TNs is highly varying but look at RoG Swift, that thing is more accurate than a good portion of IPSs or PLSs

Nah, TN is garbage.

No cherrypicking or biased tests or endless promotion of baseless confusion or disinformation are gona save it.

Interested in the none G-sync one or better freesync one of this, if that will be around it is nearly guaranteed to be my next monitor :)

"Hope, what a concept." - Deunan Knute

Ips is not capapable of 144hz. So you would be right. And I am thinking at least $1200

You must not have heard of korean 1440p monitors then

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

Can't wait for this monitor:)

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

i wonder how long till we see an OLED version of this... 

optimistically i think 2 years after this acer one is released

Linus said he doesn't use 3440x1440 because there's no G sync avaliable yet... Well, linus needs a new monitor now

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

maybe I just dont understand monitor/screens very well, but doesn't the slow grey to grey times on IPS monitors kind of defeat the purpose of having a 144hz monitor? I play at 144hz and it really only feels beneficial in quick twitch shooters, and wouldn't the g2g delay on IPS ruin that?

maybe I just dont understand monitor/screens very well, but doesn't the slow grey to grey times on IPS monitors kind of defeat the purpose of having a 144hz monitor? I play at 144hz and it really only feels beneficial in quick twitch shooters, and wouldn't the g2g delay on IPS ruin that?

Who says it's an IPS panel? It is probably TN+ or AHVA (which is a 1ms IPS panel tech by AUO).

I personally hope it is an AHVA panel. I also hope the non Gsync will be an adaptive sync model at a lower cost than the gsync.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

if this is AMVH, its an instant buy

my only issue, is I wont be able to use superwide when recording for youtube, so ... maybe i will just stick to 16:9

Couldnt you take the recording, and then just match the output to 16:9 so it just cuts out the edges, should be fine though if your HUD moves that may look a bit off but otherwise, should be fine?