Acer Predator X34 34" Curved 3440x1440 75Hz Monitor w/ G-Sync available in August and for around £999!

no :D but black bars are lame

I found that no one cared at all when I uploaded 21:9 content. Some preferred it for being "cinematic", also 3440x1440 is seen as 4K by youtube. :)

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

I found that no one cared at all when I uploaded 21:9 content. Some preferred it for being "cinematic", also 3440x1440 is seen as 4K by youtube. :)

it really annoys me haha, it also really annoys me in games that dont support it

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

it really annoys me haha, it also really annoys me in games that dont support it

I guess I've jut gotten use to it. The only solution it seems is to have everyone start using 21:9 monitors.

What truly gets under my skin is content labeled as 21:9, and in fact is just letterboxed 16:9. So I only get a nasty little rectangle in the centre of my screen with black all around. 

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

If you have a 21:9 screen, 21:9 uploaded content will fit pixel perfect on your screen when fullscreened.

If you have a 21:9 screen, 21:9 uploaded content will fit pixel perfect on your screen when fullscreened.

I know, I was talking about the general population 

If I am going to make a mixture of gaming videos and also videos recorded on my DSLR I dont want some content being super wide, and some being 16:9, this is waht is best for the audience, not for me

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I know, I was talking about the general population 

If I am going to make a mixture of gaming videos and also videos recorded on my DSLR I dont want some content being super wide, and some being 16:9, this is waht is best for the audience, not for me

If you are competing with pewdiepie, i guess this monitor isnt for you.

Buying a new monitor is going to be a bitch now. SO MANY GOOD CHOICES.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

If you are competing with pewdiepie, i guess this monitor isnt for you.

Isn't everyone competing with pewdiepie (technically)  :D

Actually there are still only a handful that really tick every box

2djne9.jpg

whats hilarious about this^ is that diablo 3 doesn't support that resolution and blizzard has said it never will support 21:9 for diablo 3.

it actually seems to support 3440x1440 in windowed(fullscreen) mode.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

I dunno about the choices. Before there was tradeoffs. 

But this ACER seems to finally unify it all...  aka  BEST IN SLOT.

If you can afford it.

I dunno about the choices. Before there was tradeoffs. 

But this ACER seems to finally unify it all...  aka  BEST IN SLOT gear-piece.

If you can afford it, it might just be the last monitor you ever buy. (or in just 10 years)

Yeah I agree, if it's IPS or similar and has multiple inputs (HDMI for other laptops) it ticks every single box for me. The only other things I could think of are one having both G-sync and Freesync and be super cheap but I never expected that anyway.

I've been waiting on a monitor with these exact features for a while now. 

Yeah I agree, if it's IPS or similar and has multiple inputs (HDMI for other laptops) it ticks every single box for me. The only other things I could think of are one having both G-sync and Freesync and be super cheap but I never expected that anyway.

I've been waiting on a monitor with these exact features for a while now. 

It honestly seems like a dream to me... that this acer monitor is actually announced.

Reading opinions of children on the internet i was convinced that 144hz IPS would never really appear and we would have to wait millions of years for OLED to do that.

And look at that - CES was full of 144hz IPSvariant monitors. That was unbelievable to me already, but THIS... THIS is just insane.

I honestly feel like im living in the future now. And now i know better than to listen to NEIGHsayers on the internet.

As someone that basically stops looking at a monitor when it's under 120Hz, I can happily say that 2015 is looking FANTASTIC :D

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Isn't everyone competing with pewdiepie (technically)  :D

Actually there are still only a handful that really tick every box

For a person who isn't particular of the monitors he is considering, there are a lot of good options available now. I don't need my next monitor to tick every box, because the only box it needs to tick is the box that says "Better than a 22-inch 1080p Samsung TN monitor without a VESA mount or an adjustable stand".

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

For a person who isn't particular of the monitors he is considering, there are a lot of good options available now. I don't need my next monitor to tick every box, because the only box it needs to tick is the box that says "Better than a 22-inch 1080p Samsung TN monitor without a VESA mount or an adjustable stand".

Some of us are very particular though :D

Some of us are very particular though :D

True, but I'm not one of them. :P

True, but I'm not one of them. :P

You should be, its your hard earned money, you should demand the best for your money

You should be, its your hard earned money, you should demand the best for your money

Which is why I'll be thinking long and hard about what I'll be wanting, especially since my current plan for my PC desk is going to be creating a setup that will be my gaming/content creation hub.

Again, I'm not too particular right now, since I'm still weighing all of my options (And studying prices as they drop on Amazon based on these announcements) and I'll likely have something more final in the coming months. Until then, all I can say is that I have a pretty wide range of viable options, especially considering my current monitor.

Which is why I'll be thinking long and hard about what I'll be wanting, especially since my current plan for my PC desk is going to be creating a setup that will be my gaming/content creation hub.

Again, I'm not too particular right now, since I'm still weighing all of my options (And studying prices as they drop on Amazon based on these announcements) and I'll likely have something more final in the coming months. Until then, all I can say is that I have a pretty wide range of viable options, especially considering my current monitor.

Some of us (me among them) are done with that phase where we just want something better. We now have moved on to the phase where we just want the best, and we dont see the point of a marginal upgrade.

I get that that you still dont want to pay for more than 1 video card or the 980 is a waste of money compared to how little bit better it is than a 970, crap like that. Not to mention video cards change so fast.

But something like a monitor, the most important part which is rarely changed - some of us need all or at least most the boxes ticked. We had our share of playing with tradeoffs in the past. And this new acer ticks all the boxes. FINALLY.

Some of us (me among them) are done with that phase where we just want something better. We now have moved on to the phase where we just want the best, and we dont see the point of a marginal upgrade.

I get that that you still dont want to pay for more than 1 video card or the 980 is a waste of money compared to how little bit better it is than a 970, crap like that. Not to mention video cards change so fast.

But something like a monitor, the most important part which is rarely changed - some of us need all the boxes ticked. We had our share of playing with tradeoffs in the past.

Not disputing it (Great quality is what we should be striving for), but the fact that I'll be wanting to keep my monitor for a long while is exactly why I am going to need to think long and hard about what I want (Again, I'm coming from a 60hz, 1080p, 22 inch monitor with no VESA compatibility or stand adjustability). Truth be told, I'm not being too specific precisely because I'm gauging with myself as to what I really want in a monitor, so I'm not going to try and be specific, since big upgrade plans are not going to happen at least until 6 months to a year from now. (And this is the optimistic timeline).

t9OfONF.jpg

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

MERCY

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

MERCY

One of many memes that predates the consumer-level internet...

wwahrs.jpg

i still cant over the fact that the perfect monitor is actually announced...

till OLED at least, Satan only knows how many years that will take

You know, if I had the money to buy this, I would be better off spending it on a system that could run a 21:9 1440p display. I would be scared of making a commitment to such a niche display, and I don't feel like I would still use it after a year or two...