Acer Predator X34 34" Curved 3440x1440 75Hz Monitor w/ G-Sync available in August and for around £999!

Holy balls

I said i'd never get a 27/34 inch monitor, but if the price is somewhere around 1000 dollars i might just have to go for it...

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

I'd never be able to afford it but wow how much I want it

id get this over a 27" 1440p anyday... not like u lose the height... u just gain in width so its great!

but price is likely an issue... for me at least. I cant afford to spend a grand on a monitor(not yet at least lol)

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

This artical is from overclock3d  [ http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/gpu_displays/acer_predator_xr341ck_34_curved_g-sync_screen/1 ]
Thank you guys!

Acer Predator XR341CK 34" Curved G-sync Screen

Later this year Acer will be releasing a couple of new gaming monitors which will be of the large curved 34", 21:9 ultra-wide variety. The resolutions of these screens will be 3440x1440 and will be available with and without G-Sync, it is unknown currently if the second version will use AMD Freesync.

22165223746l.jpg

Sadly this is the only picture available of the monitor, which we know to be the Acer XR341CK, which is thought to be a 144Hz monitor with the specifications we mentioned above. It is also hinted that a lower resolution 2560x1080 version will also be available.

The screens are expected to launch in Q2 2015 and there is no word on pricing. 

Its beautiful!!! I do like the stand but please god have a vesa mount!

ppl it has to be some sort of ips or va panel it needs the viewing angles for the curve!!

Edit: I was right.... it is IPS yea buddy, i told you ppls :P

Long as its not TN. Hoping it does Freesync and G sync since freesync is just a DP spec

I rate it 21/9

If it's low latency ips, I think this is the last monitor I'll ever need

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

Long as its not TN. Hoping it does Freesync and G sync since freesync is just a DP spec

Adaptive sync is the DP spec, freesync is not,  I am pretty sure the scalars are different and thus won't be able to get both on the same monitor.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Wonder how much it'll cost.

A kidney and a first born child. LOL

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

Ips is not capapable of 144hz. So you would be right. And I am thinking at least $1200

Actually Asus is releasing a 120Hz IPS DP1.2A monitor and they say some of those panels are capable of 144 Hz but the yield isn't there so they left the monitor at 120

Was looking at ultra wide monitors to buy in spring....saw this post, thought it was a joke. Then read it again...searched internet. Read post again. SIGH

Well....I guess i don't need to look for a monitor now. :]

Intel I7 4770k 4.2ghz, Asus Maximus VI Hero,16 gb Corsair Ram(1600 mhz), GTX 780 Classified, 1000w EVGA Supernova Powersupply,Corsair h100i
250 GB Samsung 840 Evo Solid State Drive(OS Drive), 120 GB Corsair Solid State Drive, 1 Terabyte Western Digital Drive
(Blue)

Actually Asus is releasing a 120Hz IPS DP1.2A monitor and they say some of those panels are capable of 144 Hz but the yield isn't there so they left the monitor at 120

I doubt many people would be able to run a game at 3440x1440 144hz anyway let alone 120hz.

I'm so hyped for this monitor if it's IPS and semi-affordable

I doubt many people would be able to run a game at 3440x1440 144hz anyway let alone 120hz.

GM200 will destroy this monitor. I'd be willing to bet SLI 980 Classifieds @ 1550-1600MHz would do some damage too if you turned off AA.

Someone fucked me in my sleep and it was GLORIOUS. This was the product of that.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

Ill enjoy the fuck out of Doom3, Stalker, GTA3, the new starcarft xpac and all my source games on that res with a single video card. Dont know what youre talking about.

And im not really interested in these games like crysis3 - they are so bad that i get physically sick by playing them.

if this is AMVH, its an instant buy

my only issue, is I wont be able to use superwide when recording for youtube, so ... maybe i will just stick to 16:9

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Give me 16:9 resolution and a decent price and I'll buy three.

You really have to come here and trash talk hardware people have been waiting for so long...  you must be scum.

Enjoy your bezelfinity and its stretch marks

if this is AMVH, its an instant buy

my only issue, is I wont be able to use superwide when recording for youtube, so ... maybe i will just stick to 16:9

Oh, are you a famous youtuber?

Also youtube accepts this format and displays it with black bars btw. You can record it @1080p60 and it will be 1920x800 @ 60fps.

Oh, are you a famous youtuber?

Also youtube accepts this format and displays it with black bars btw. You can record it @1080p60 and it will be 1920x800 @ 60fps.

no :D but black bars are lame

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

You really have to come here and trash talk hardware people have been waiting for so long...  you must be scum.

Enjoy your bezelfinity and its stretch marks

I do hope you're just trying to be a dick. I don't want basically curved bezel-less one and a half monitors side by side. Give me a wide curved monitor equivalent to three 16:9 monitors and you'd have a deal. I don't watch enough movies to enjoy 21:9, and I don't want my games in that I want the three screens. I can deal with the bezels. Most of the content I watch is 16:9 and I don't want to watch it with black bars on the sides, I want it to fill the monitor and i'm not going to deal with stretching and making things wider than they should be.

Sure it's awesome that they're making this, but until video content moves to being mostly 21:9 i'm personally going to stick with 16:9. Got a problem with that? Then how about you buy me three of these and we'll call it a day. Otherwise, bite me.