Acer Predator X34 34" Curved 3440x1440 75Hz Monitor w/ G-Sync available in August and for around £999!

You asked when it will be released so I went out and asked for you:

30wy2r4.jpg

If you have any more questions you want me to ask regarding the monitor, make a post in this thread and I will ask them. They seem to respond to me in about a whole business day. Keep the questions realistic, because it seems they are open to answering them as long as they are reasonable. 

I also got prices, and confirmed IPS from OCUK:

They are IPS, 3440x1440 and there will be a Freesync version around £899 and a G-Sync version around £999

If I remember right our container is due around end of July, I will put them on the website in coming days for pre-order as I know UK will be getting less than 500 of each so sure to sell out.

The 35" versions also coming can't remember if I mentioned these but these shall be VA panel variants

So $1461.69 (£999) for G-Sync and $1315.37 (£899) for FreeSync

UK Prices are usually inflated so it will probably be way lower than that.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18650953&page=4

2djne9.jpg

Acer are set to release a couple of new gaming screens later this year in a large curved 34" size, and 21:9 ultra-wide format. There are apparently going to be two versions offered although we've not got the full spec or clarification of the differences yet. We know one model will be the XR341CK which we believe to have a 3440 x 1440 resolution. There is apparently going to be a 144Hz + G-sync and a non-G-sync option available although we're not sure of the product name differences. We haven't got confirmation of the panel technology being used either yet and product specs are still being ffinalized There is suggestion from the information that we've seen that there will be a lower res 2560 x 1080 version as well, but again we're not sure of the details yet. More on these as we get them, but we're sure the thought of a 34" curved ultra-wide screen with 3440 x 1440, 144Hz refresh rate and G-sync is bound to be of interest to a lot of readers. Let's hope that's all true and works out. 

These screens will be available by August or July. Prices are for the Freesync version around £899 and a G-Sync version around £999

Source: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/news_archive/32.htm#acer_xr341ck

Now this is a monitor that would make me want to upgrade mine. Awesome widescreen 34" 21:9 format, 144Hz  75Hz refresh rate (Z35 version has 144Hz), and G-Sync? I don't think it gets any better than that. Article says this monitor would be of interest to many individuals and they are correct because it even has my interest and I wasn't even planning on upgrading my resolution anytime soon.

Something tells me it will be TN, but at the same time I think IPS. Wonder how much it'll cost.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

26/10

I need dis in my life

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Something tells me it will be TN, but at the same time I think IPS. Wonder how much it'll cost.

Ips is not capapable of 144hz. So you would be right. And I am thinking at least $1200

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

That's quite a product name, it's about as long as my arm.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

Seriously? You post information like this and you don't include a picture?
What the hell is wrong with you!

The picture is the most important part!

Pretty stoked on this, however it suffers from a really shitty stand. No adjustment except perhaps tilt. I really hope it has a VESA mount, or they put out a version with a proper HAS stand.

Ips is not capapable of 144hz. So you would be right. And I am thinking at least $1200

I really wish people would say "isn't capable of".
There's this little thing called advancement, where improvements are made and it does indeed become possible.

TFTCentral is quoted as saying the AHVA panel is identical to LG's IPS in everything but the name.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

As always, the StroonZ comes through with interesting consumer products that I am interested in.  Definitely hyped for this.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

mother-of-god-meme-rage-face.jpg

A little off topic here, but holy crap Acer has been on a roll with monitors...

Also, please have VESA...

There are overclocked IPS monitors out there, so its not impossible... I just don't think a manufacture out there has released one other than that one company that was buying Korean 2560x1440s, overlocking, and reselling them.

There was only a certain PCB model that would overclock, but all of them were getting to 100hz, some doing 120hz and a very select few going above that. There were also the claims of the 30" IPS displays getting to 170hz.

whats hilarious about this^ is that diablo 3 doesn't support that resolution and blizzard has said it never will support 21:9 for diablo 3.

Fuck blizzard so hard... like i give a dick if their shitty games dont support something.... diablo3 and wow sucks shit.

Starcraft is borderline enjoyable, hoping the next xpac makes it good finally. And that card game is a joke. Their new IP is a TF2 ripoff that looks annoying to play.

Blizzard is only still alive because they ONCE made good games.

i hope they use the new AHVA panel that is suppose to look like İPS and perform like TN only than this thing will be THE Monitor for me D:

EDİT:and i hope they fix that stand it looks too gamerish

TN or IPS doesn't matter to me, all that matters is it looks good when I am sitting in front of it.  I don't spend extra $$ on monitors so someone looking over my shoulder has a good view, nor do I care about colour accuracy,  last I checked I couldn't tell the difference between half the colours available anyway. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Its the new AHVA probably... seriously doubt they would put TN on something like this.

And if it turns out to be TN (.1% chance) then thats good too.... we can have the first 21:9 with ULMB ^^

I definitely want to get 34' 3440x1440 display for myself. Keep 'em coming. :D I'd like to know how much the G-sync version will cost.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

TN or IPS doesn't matter to me, all that matters is it looks good when I am sitting in front of it.  I don't spend extra $$ on monitors so someone looking over my shoulder has a good view, nor do I care about colour accuracy,  last I checked I couldn't tell the difference between half the colours available anyway. 

Its solely a personal preference, but I used to think the same way as you until I bought a nice IPS monitor. Now it drives me nuts using TN, the really noticeable thing IMO is after using a IPS display is how white looks grey when you use a TN. Although if I never had an IPS as a daily driver I never would have noticed... and wouldn't be complaining all the time lol.

Although if I never had an IPS as a daily driver I never would have noticed... and wouldn't be complaining all the time lol.

That's quite the self defeating conundrum.

I have used IPS before, and I've never really seen the difference.  as I said though, my colour perception may not be good enough to warrant it.  Last I tested I was only able to tell the difference to within about 4-5%, after that the colours look the same.  To put this in perspective on a panel (assuming 100% colour accuracy) that has 16.7 Million colours,  2.9 Million colours will look the same to me.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

That's quite the self defeating conundrum.

I have used IPS before, and I've never really seen the difference.  as I said though, my colour perception may not be good enough to warrant it.  Last I tested I was only able to tell the difference to within about 4-5%, after that the colours look the same.  To put this in perspective on a panel (assuming 100% colour accuracy) that has 16.7 Million colours,  2.9 Million colours will look the same to me.

Dunno whats your deal... but i have a friend whos actually colorblind and IPS makes a phenomenally HUGE difference to him

Dunno whats your deal... but i have a friend whos actually colorblind and IPS makes a phenomenally HUGE difference to him

It might be a contrast or an anti glare coating on that particular panel that makes the difference. I believe contrast is more important to colour blind people than colour accuracy.

It might be a contrast or an anti glare coating on that particular panel that makes the difference. I believe contrast is more important to colour blind people than colour accuracy.

but all TNs and IPSs have the same 1000:1 contrast 

and VA has 3000:1

but all TNs and IPSs have the same 1000:1 contrast 

and VA has 3000:1

So then it has to be glare or something like that. Literally what makes it better for colour blind people is contrast/brightness.

http://designshack.net/articles/accessibility/tips-for-designing-for-colorblind-users/