Need help to choose mobo and graphic card for best performance

Go to solution Solved by VolkA,

i just found out that there is one store that can give gigabyte product but the gtx980 g1 gaming but is 83$ more than the msi or asus one and it offers only 1 yr of warranty and 3 yr by asus and msi.

These mobo are also available 

Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Soc Force LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI Sata 6Gb/S USB 3.0 Atx Intel Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Ud5H-Bk LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI Sata 6Gb/S USB 3.0 Atx Intel Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 7 LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI Sata 6Gb/S USB 3.0 Atx Intel Motherboard

These are of same price i was looking for, so what should i do.

Should i stick with asus z97pro or go for any of these gigabyte ones and is it worth spending 83$ extra for the gigabyte 980 g1 gaming and get 2  yr less warranty too?

Mobo both Gigabyte and Asus are quite well known brand. So just choose the one that matches your need technically as well as in terms of color scheme if you have one. Basically in another words, more or less they are quite the same to some extend.

GPU if you are able to get hold of the gigabyte g1 980, get that. Heard it's very good in OC. But if you not going to OC the GPU, then get the cheaper 1 will do (which I assume here is the MSI gpu you mentioned).

I was planing to build a new pc

CPU : intel i7 4790k

Cooler : CM hyper 212 evo

RAM : 8GB

PSU : Corsair cs650M

SSD : Samsung 850 evo 120GB

HDD : Seagate/WD 1tb

GC : NVIDIA GeForce GTX980 (msi/asus)

MOBO : Asus Z97-PRO(wifi) or MSI Mpower or MSI Gaming7 

(anything else, open for suggestions)

I wondered if choosing same brand for graphic card and mobo will have any extra advantage. Please suggest me with what brand to go or if same brand has no extra advantage then what combination should I go for (mobo/graphic card) for best performance and ease.

Thank you

I was planing to build a new pc

CPU : intel i7 4790k
Cooler : CM hyper 212 evo
RAM : 8GB
PSU : Corsair cs650M
SSD : Samsung 850 evo 120GB
HDD : Seagate/WD 1tb
GC : NVIDIA GeForce GTX980 (msi/asus)
MOBO : Asus Z97-PRO(wifi) or MSI Mpower or MSI Gaming7 
(anything else, open for suggestions)

I wondered if choosing same brand for graphic card and mobo will have any extra advantage. Please suggest me with what brand to go or if same brand has no extra advantage then what combination should I go for (mobo/graphic card) for best performance and ease.
Thank you

Nope. same brand does not gives you extra advantage. 

mobo = gigabyte, asus, msi

gpu = gigabyte, evga, msi, asus.

those brand are just what I think is good. Maybe it's just me.

Spoiler

[CPU] i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz with NZXT Kraken X61 [MOBO] Asus Z97-AR [Memory] HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3-1600 [Storage] Samsung 840 EVO 500GB & WD 1TB Black & Hitachi 1TB [GPU] Gigabyte GTX 1080 8GB Xtreme Gaming [Case] Corsair Air 540 [PSU] Cooler Master V1000 [Case Fan] Corsair SP140 LED Fan x 3 & SP120 LED Fan x 3 [Display] Main: Philips 31.5" FULL HD IPS | Side: Philips 28" 4K UHD [Keyboard] Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth Edition [Mouse] Razer Ouroboros [Mouse Pad] Razer Firefly [Sound] BOSE Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System

Nope. same brand does not gives you extra advantage. 

mobo = gigabyte, asus, msi

gpu = gigabyte, evga, msi, asus.

those brand are just what I think is good. Maybe it's just me.

evga and gigabyte don't sell their products in my country. So should I go for NVIDIA GeForce GTX980 MSI and Asus Z97-PRO(wifi) or any other motherboard u think will be better. 

evga and gigabyte don't sell their products in my country. So should I go for NVIDIA GeForce GTX980 MSI and Asus Z97-PRO(wifi) or any other motherboard u think will be better. 

Looks good. But do you really need the z97-pro(wifi)? kind of expensive (at least it's expensive in my country). Maybe like the z97-a or something like that would be usually enough.

msi 980 should be ok i guess for the gpu. I'm using 290x so not that sure if msi 980 is good or not. Sorry.

Spoiler

[CPU] i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz with NZXT Kraken X61 [MOBO] Asus Z97-AR [Memory] HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3-1600 [Storage] Samsung 840 EVO 500GB & WD 1TB Black & Hitachi 1TB [GPU] Gigabyte GTX 1080 8GB Xtreme Gaming [Case] Corsair Air 540 [PSU] Cooler Master V1000 [Case Fan] Corsair SP140 LED Fan x 3 & SP120 LED Fan x 3 [Display] Main: Philips 31.5" FULL HD IPS | Side: Philips 28" 4K UHD [Keyboard] Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth Edition [Mouse] Razer Ouroboros [Mouse Pad] Razer Firefly [Sound] BOSE Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System

Looks good. But do you really need the z97-pro(wifi)? kind of expensive (at least it's expensive in my country). Maybe like the z97-a or something like that would be usually enough.

msi 980 should be ok i guess for the gpu. I'm using 290x so not that sure if msi 980 is good or not. Sorry.

i just found out that there is one store that can give gigabyte product but the gtx980 g1 gaming but is 83$ more than the msi or asus one and it offers only 1 yr of warranty and 3 yr by asus and msi.

Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Soc Force LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI Sata 6Gb/S USB 3.0 Atx Intel Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Ud5H-Bk LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI Sata 6Gb/S USB 3.0 Atx Intel Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 7 LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI Sata 6Gb/S USB 3.0 Atx Intel Motherboard

Should i stick with asus z97pro or go for any of these gigabyte ones and is it worth spending 83$ extra for the gigabyte 980 g1 gaming and get 2  yr less warranty too?

Mobo both Gigabyte and Asus are quite well known brand. So just choose the one that matches your need technically as well as in terms of color scheme if you have one. Basically in another words, more or less they are quite the same to some extend.

GPU if you are able to get hold of the gigabyte g1 980, get that. Heard it's very good in OC. But if you not going to OC the GPU, then get the cheaper 1 will do (which I assume here is the MSI gpu you mentioned).

Spoiler