TOXIC CHROME (modded Corsair 250D)

ciobanulx

DAT RAM

Yeah the vinyl for the ram looks awesome!

The entire build looks sick

Wont argue that!

Gotta love it when the Aussies are making the best builds.

It's because we've always had to re-engineer things for ourselves. It's in our blood :)

Thanks a lot for the kind words guys :)

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys,

Another quick update. The GPU is good to go and I also cut up these fan frames that will go around all the fans in the build to give them more colour.

You can see on the GPU the pink and purple caps have been covered with chrome vinyl.

EYWIU4k.jpg

VUZB2vi.jpg

YeFpXMe.jpg

R1Jzj0h.jpg

This is the design I went for with the frames to just cover the edges of the fans.

VV62YTD.jpg

Just need to get painted and filed down a little bit more, will be same silver colour as the side and front panel.

2kVcZ3b.jpg

Thanks for checking it out.

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

• 3 weeks later...
YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys,

Sorry for the lack of updates on the build. I have been very busy moving houses over the last few weeks.

All done now but no internet at home yet, so posting update from work. Should have a lot more room and time to work on builds from now on and will hopefully wrap this build log up soon but I'm still waiting on custom cables to arrive.

Here are the finished grills/covers I made for the fans.

etCHa3e.jpg

nRfiXI7.jpg

NBYPd23.jpg

uA4Mzjl.jpg

7CsayJu.jpg

Stay tuned for more.

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys,

More work in progress! Found a nice spot for The Mod Zoo monkey badge and it looks pretty nice in there.

Just a few things to fix up and start working on some cable management for the fans and LEDs. Once the sleeved cables arrive and I can get everything in and start tubing up finally!

FaHB9mN.jpg

0ekwa2K.jpg

UP1jDwB.jpg

6GLhw9N.jpg

wb33xAA.jpg

ciCCZYk.jpg

The two mounting holes for the 80mm fan grill don't really match unfortunately so will need to fix that :)

RgAQMoE.jpg

T3cAhM9.jpg

And here's a better look at the finished front panel.

bva7Xp3.jpg

jjFRtz1.jpg

wXndAIm.jpg

BBMQ9x0.jpg

Stay tuned for more!

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

Legendary! You make @ALXAndy 's mods "eh"

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Fuck you too.

Any way, I mostly like it. I don't like the rad stripes I think they mimic your Fallout build. There's a lot to like though :)

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

Haha thanks a lot :D

Fuck you too.

Any way, I mostly like it. I don't like the rad stripes I think they mimic your Fallout build. There's a lot to like though :)

Cheers Andy. Yea didn't know what else to do, wanted something to look like hazard lines so that's what I did :)

SIMPLE MODZ

Fuck you too.

jk andy i still love you, LTT has the best modders so i cant choose whose my favorite

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Just went through your entire thread - well worth the read!

Awesome attention to detail has definitely paid off!

Can't wait to see this thing finished.

CPU: Intel 3570K   Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD65 RAM: 16GB VENGANCE LP GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 (x2) Case: Cooler Master HAF XM Storage: Western Digital 1 & 2 TB PSU: Corsair TX650M Display(s): BenQ GW2750 Cooling: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Keyboard: Corsair Vengance K60 Mouse: Mionix NAOS 3200 Sound: Creative Sound Blaster ZX Operating System: Windows 7 64 bit

Just went through your entire thread - well worth the read!

Awesome attention to detail has definitely paid off!

Can't wait to see this thing finished.

Thanks a lot, much appreciated :D

Should be finished soon!

SIMPLE MODZ

YV2iYvL.jpg

Thanks to Primochill for sending me a set of their awesome fittings to use in the build!

hQl73l4.jpg

HdLCYgs.jpg

HvpiZKh.jpg

e9PElyc.jpg

IHjIBOP.jpg

XeeXL8G.jpg

5PDCwQV.jpg

Most of the final pieces for this build are here now. Stay tuned for more!

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys,

I have some more fittings to show, this time some extensions. Thanks a lot to Hugh from mydiy.com.au for helping out with these Barrow fittings. You can check out his eBay store HERE with some good prices on fittings.

a5qOWkq.jpg

fwI4RmF.jpg

ImvAMfK.jpg

ofytsMw.jpg

41JgR7r.jpg

wx1ltoi.jpg

Xxeids1.jpg

QWKz4SF.jpg

tGxbQ5F.jpg

TMg27F5.jpg

0frFWMy.jpg

vFJoltd.jpg

Not sure if I will use all of them yet but they will definitely come in handy for all the small tight corners in this build. I also need some spots to be really strong so just tubing won't do. Will make sure to show once ready.

Thanks for checking it out.

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys!

Here are the awesome cables from Icemodz! Thanks a lot to Mundi for making and sending me this kit. It's made from nice flexible paracord sleeve and should fit nicely in the system. Make sure to check out the icemodz.com website for all your custom cable and LED needs.

FVRG1EC.jpg

GxVMGoU.jpg

zT3apuP.jpg

h83caWe.jpg

XUMmnzF.jpg

YQGzbus.jpg

AACEV8l.jpg

KvmOku5.jpg

bk4maDk.jpg

Thanks for checking it out!

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

Those Barrow fittings look good, they feel good? description says 'bitspower quality' do you agree?

They look exactly like BP and in terms of quality I have to say it's pretty close. A bit rough around the threads but should be good :)

SIMPLE MODZ

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys,

Here's another update on this build! Most of the fittings and cables are now in and it's ready for tubing up! Just wanted to give you guys a quick look inside before tubing up.

IFRpfbs.jpg

That chrome colored fittings is the only straight rotary fittings that I had. Once the front radiator is in that fittings is not seen.

qYtU8j9.jpg

You can also see the LED strips are in, these are UV LEDs from Icemodz.

Txv5ifF.jpg

1Gx5pOF.jpg

5Rt1XhD.jpg

ODcLpuO.jpg

Not sure if you notice but I bent a piece of acrylic around the 80mm fans and also around the 140mm fan, thought it cleans things up a bit.

5lhiAG9.jpg

b9WLl4o.jpg

hHPAwME.jpg

8lxTyRx.jpg

1tOWldp.jpg

WbyptEa.jpg

VWqEG03.jpg

Thanks for checking it out!

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

Could you meassure the installed height of the 90 rotary barrow fittings that would help me out alot i cant find any good information

CPU: 4790K (4.8 ghz) | COOLING: Custom Liquid Cooling (240 mm rad) | GPU: GTX 980 ti Superclocked+ (2x)  | MOBO: Gryphon Z97 Armor Edition | RAM: Kingston (4x4 gb 1600 mhz) | SSD: 850 Evo (250 gb) | HDD: Black (1.5 tb) | CASE: Enthoo Evolv | PSU: G2 850 (850 w) | DISPLAYS: Acer XB270HU bprz / Philips 246V5LHAB/27 (3x) | KEYBOARD: Vengeance K60 | MOUSE: Naos 7000 | HEADSEAT: H Wireless / Cloud 2 | For the exact parts visit my PCPartpicker it even includes my Desk and some other stuff.