TOXIC CHROME (modded Corsair 250D)

ciobanulx

wow i really like the colours and contrast you have used, as well as the awesome work that is super neat and professional. 

I think you are setting the standard for other builders now, as just plain black cases factory built with no changes are just not cutting it today, you have to do mods or a scratch to get a 10/10 and i think this is a 10/10 from me. will be nice to see if you are doing any lighting and what it looks like in the dark and day time. 

also running temps, noise specs will be good.

got to love Asus components

wow i really like the colours and contrast you have used, as well as the awesome work that is super neat and professional. 

I think you are setting the standard for other builders now, as just plain black cases factory built with no changes are just not cutting it today, you have to do mods or a scratch to get a 10/10 and i think this is a 10/10 from me. will be nice to see if you are doing any lighting and what it looks like in the dark and day time. 

also running temps, noise specs will be good.

Thanks a lot mate, these kind words mean a lot to me :D

I will continue to post updates for this build and I'll surely show-off the lighting and everything as well as temps, noise, benchmarks etc :D

I'm yet to do all that for my previous build as I have been very busy but temps and performance benchmarks are coming :)

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys,

Small update on the build and a very special announcement!

Firstly the announcement!

I'm very proud to say that the TOXIC CHROME build has been nominated in the Bit-Tech Mod of the Month for May 2015. You can find the voting link hereif you want to show some love for my build!

Such an honor to have been nominated!

And now on to the build! I have the windows on, 3mm thick clear acrylic. Hope you guys like!

UkDb885.jpg

gTlGgVm.jpg

nJfpcWs.jpg

W0Q2fNO.jpg

bJyeWZi.jpg

wViPQfl.jpg

3c1ShXd.jpg

aNDuFNR.jpg

RgCdMSE.jpg

Think the windows look very good on the outside, something different! What do you guys think?

Thanks for checking it out!

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

Theyre so shiny! dont dirty them! please wear gloves D:

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Theyre so shiny! dont dirty them! please wear gloves D:

Thanks, yea I try not to touch them, I usually wear gloves in the end with the final assembly and I wipe and clean everything haha :D

SIMPLE MODZ

Hey guys,

Small update on the build and a very special announcement!

Firstly the announcement!

I'm very proud to say that the TOXIC CHROME build has been nominated in the Bit-Tech Mod of the Month for May 2015. You can find the voting link hereif you want to show some love for my build!

Such an honor to have been nominated!

And now on to the build! I have the windows on, 3mm thick clear acrylic. Hope you guys like it.

Think the windows look very good on the outside, something different! What do you guys think?

Cheers,

Alex

I like it and wondering have you used a test piece of this acrylic to see how it cleans, if it leaves small microscopic scratches? 

on my build i did (which looks similar) i used lexan and in the sunlight you can see very small scratches, so not sure if there is a product for cleaning scratch free, and in the future i might get a glass company to make the same side panels for my rig out of toughened or bullet proof glass then they would never scratch. 

I think the step in the acrylic is ok, if you wanted a flush fit its possible by using a piece slightly bigger and get it machined so it sits from the underside and just pops through by the thickness of the side or top panel and then use some thin double side tape and then some soft alloy aviation grade rivets the same colour as the blue or grey on the 4 holes as there already is holes and it would give it extra hold, but its a lot of work. 

got to love Asus components

I like it and wondering have you used a test piece of this acrylic to see how it cleans, if it leaves small microscopic scratches? 

on my build i did (which looks similar) i used lexan and in the sunlight you can see very small scratches, so not sure if there is a product for cleaning scratch free, and in the future i might get a glass company to make the same side panels for my rig out of toughened or bullet proof glass then they would never scratch. 

I think the step in the acrylic is ok, if you wanted a flush fit its possible by using a piece slightly bigger and get it machined so it sits from the underside and just pops through by the thickness of the side or top panel and then use some thin double side tape and then some soft alloy aviation grade rivets the same colour as the blue or grey on the 4 holes as there already is holes and it would give it extra hold, but its a lot of work. 

I haven't noticed any scratching or anything and I've been getting my acrylic sheets from the same place for some time now and used it in all my builds. So quality seems to be good, definitely better than what most cases come with stock. I'm also very careful with it too and I always use these special microfiber lint free cloths, similar stuff to what they use in hospitals so that doesn't scratch :)

I'm happy with the way the windows turned out and it's exactly what I wanted for this build. What you're suggesting would be pretty nice though it wouldn't be worth getting something like that done. To machine the acrylic like that would probably cost more than the CPU and GPU I'm using in this build or could have done a proper chrome plating job on the side panels. So money could be spent in other places but this build is shaping up really nicely as it is and I'm more than happy about that :D

SIMPLE MODZ

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys,

Here's the work I did on the front panel mod.

The piece is 1.2mm aluminum and what I used for the cutting is a Dremel Moto-Saw as you can see from the pictures. It's like a mini portable scroll saw, very handy and really good for the price. 

fckAQDC.jpg

ixIcT5X.jpg

I drilled small holes in the panel first so that I can begin the cutting with the scroll saw.

LStjh0g.jpg

Bit of a learning curve with this but once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy. And it cut through this aluminum panel with no effort at all.

h6sskZI.jpg

As you can see, the vinyl is my guide.

nem2zBy.jpg

Here all the cutting was done and it was time for the filing to make it nice, smooth and even

sylBhzq.jpg

AMCt3In.jpg

I cut the corners same shape as the windows, gave it a scuff everywhere and it was done.

GiiocWB.jpg

The whole thing took me about 3 hours to do. Now to get it sprayed!

KNz3meE.jpg

I think it came out looking awesome and was surprised how easy it was to cut it once I got the hang of the scroll saw. 

The Dremel Moto-Saw will definitely come in handy from now on, I wonder how it will do on some steel or thicker panels.

Let me know what you guys think?

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

Nice. Is that being painted silver?

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

coming together nice Alex

Thanks Bill :D

Nice. Is that being painted silver?

Thanks :D. Yup, it's going to be the same colour as the side panels, with the blue being shown through the Corsair logo :)

SIMPLE MODZ

Seriously guys. I just finished my build and I don't have money to get the tools to mod my system like this. You have to stop posting ridiculously beautiful stuff so my wallet doesn't stay empty.

Looks awesome

Thanks mate :D

Seriously guys. I just finished my build and I don't have money to get the tools to mod my system like this. You have to stop posting ridiculously beautiful stuff so my wallet doesn't stay empty.

Hahaha thanks a lot, glad you like the build. Better hold on tight there is a lot of stuff still coming haha :D

SIMPLE MODZ

This is one of the best builds I have seen on this forum! Apart from the others that you have done obviously ;)

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys!

After a lot of exiting news from E3 as well as AMD and watching a bunch of press conferences over the past few days, it's time to get back to work on the build!

Those of you who know me and also my Vault Boy case mod can absolutely guarantee that I jumped on the Fallout 4 Pip-Boy Edition straight after the Bethesda press conference! There are also a lot of ideas spinning around in my head about another Fallout case mod, a different one this time with a more post-apocalyptic look! If and when I decide to do that you will all surely find out :D

Back to the build!

Here is all the vinyl work I did for some of the components with some chrome vinyl!

DC4OX2N.jpg

7mUbEnk.jpg

PQmnSdy.jpg

KO5K3qO.jpg

4Kx0HUa.jpg

CFSHqvN.jpg

iH7S87d.jpg

p4gCUi0.jpg

iuar9IQ.jpg

31TLd0Y.jpg

nJI21FU.jpg

YmE6fi8.jpg

You can see the SSD has been painted black. Also the fans cables have been shortened, crimped and re-sleeved, only some that needed it. I chose the toxic symbol for them, think it suits the build and also just a circle on the back to cover the fan housing.

Let me know what you guys think.

And guys the Mod of the Month voting is still going on Bit-Tech until the 28th of June and the race is really close! Have a look and cast a vote if you haven't done so already.

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys,

Today I shortened and sleeved the DDC pump and added one missing piece to the pump and res combo in order to be able to properly bring the loop back to the top of the res.

It's sort of like a Bitspower aquapipe but out of a piece of acrylic that EK offer for these reservoir tops.

Originally I wanted to use the Bitspower aquapipe as I have quite a few laying around however EK chose to have larger than G1/4" threads on the inside of these tops for some reason so the aquapipe didn't work. Luckily I found the acrylic tube that EK offer locally.

Once I received it, just had to shorten it to fit this res.

kEX8HFL.jpg

nzdy1kh.jpg

N9evEfK.jpg

2nLrwb9.jpg

These are the threads on the inside of the res top.

4AjTWKY.jpg

Easily done :)

aWyDaiq.jpg

owWaNCN.jpg

EhRvh8T.jpg

Gfr2uYZ.jpg

K4s0Oof.jpg

Thanks for checking it out and stay tuned for more to come over the weekend!

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

YV2iYvL.jpg

Here's the new EK stuff I received. Nickel plated mounting bracket and a new clear Supremacy EVO top, part of the upgrade kit. Also new RAM modules to replace the ones that were powder coated before.

hmKI4BV.jpg

slETmyJ.jpg

vKXDt4U.jpg

l9hj8m7.jpg

Made some decal stickers for the RAM modules to go with the toxic theme :)

rQUFRIU.jpg

osjChFx.jpg

Pretty nice looking little combo!

cVf7IW0.jpg

PUGwc2G.jpg

mbrj3xy.jpg

vppQJ0k.jpg

TriZgC8.jpg

JL1Q0Gm.jpg

Starting to get components back in the case. Still waiting on fittings, tubing and cables to arrive.

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys,

Front panel is done and here is how I applied it on, very simple with some double sided 3M tape.

y7Se84y.jpg

DdXyMCn.jpg

PNVrWDJ.jpg

w1RYfH2.jpg

qOjs4zJ.jpg

For some reason these following pics I only have from my phone, not sure what happened with the ones from the camera :(

9pLkv2S.jpg

ry2RtV7.jpg

2XyGqHR.jpg

Thanks for checking it out and hope you guys like the finished front panel!

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ