TOXIC CHROME (modded Corsair 250D)

ciobanulx

Looking good man! Sorry have not been on forum for a while (personal issues, member title says it all) but looking epic!

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

Looking good man! Sorry have not been on forum for a while (personal issues, member title says it all) but looking epic!

Thanks a lot mate. That's all good, I hope you're doing alright.

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys,

Back with another update for the Toxic Chrome build. Sorry I've been absent for a while, been super busy with work lately.

Had some time over the weekend and worked on the motherboard.

Here's an overview and getting the red heatsinks ready for some black plasti dip!

1yOGL5w.jpg

mqTB21H.jpg

kM1CJCm.jpg

TeOvD7X.jpg

wbpzDLC.jpg

BIkNrcK.jpg

aDF9ZSJ.jpg

Also plasti dipping this little guy!

SZwNgAv.jpg

BdMnuw6.jpg

kFputSU.jpg

wWFf4j2.jpg

7CKSsDA.jpg

sIiq0WP.jpg

u430KQv.jpg

I'll be back in a day or two once all this is done, dried and back on the board!

Also an update on the side panels paint/powder coat. I've seen the chrome powder coat and it doesn't look like chrome at all. Looks like some sort of dark grey colour and not really glossy, so was not a fan of that. I did get them to do the EK ram modules which I will show you guys once done, just to see how the chrome powder coat looks. Through I probably won't end up using those either. 

So what I will be doing with the side panels is taking them to a car paint shop. Chrome paint is out of my price range at this time, costing around $250 just for the paint as they told me. Though what they can do is make it a nice glossy silver and try and get it as close as possible to the chrome effect. However that still won't end up being chrome so I guess we will see.

Stay tuned for more guys! I'll try and keep the updates coming more regularly!

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

The only way you can really get chrome is by plating. So many of these supposed finishes are just variations of silver.

House of Kolor do a chrome paint but as you've said, it's bum stingingly expensive. Not only that but it's also impossible to touch up if you accidentally scratch it.

Why don't you go with a very bright silver and then use chrome water pipes?

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

Very nice

The only way you can really get chrome is by plating. So many of these supposed finishes are just variations of silver.

House of Kolor do a chrome paint but as you've said, it's bum stingingly expensive. Not only that but it's also impossible to touch up if you accidentally scratch it.

Why don't you go with a very bright silver and then use chrome water pipes?

Yea that's what's gonna happen, getting them done a glossy silver. Hopefully that's gonna look good. I've sorta realised that there's no real way of getting chrome without plating :)

SIMPLE MODZ

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys,

Motherboard is all done, here it is!

Gigabyte GA-Z97N-Gaming 5 Black Edition

oDeN6pt.jpg

7r8I06S.jpg

Ce39yIe.jpg

vxsdYnk.jpg

3p8phBs.jpg

PE06dAL.jpg

gyYw37t.jpg

BMwkhOf.jpg

m3yGBEs.jpg

f4O5p9q.jpg

TjGFGHB.jpg

dJxv5Ji.jpg

I'm also happy to announce new sponsors to the Toxic Chrome build. The cables and LED strips will now be provided by Icemodz and also Primochill who are very kind to send me a set of fittings and some PETG tubing! :thumb:

Thanks for checking it out,

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys,

Here are some photos of the G.Skill memory I will be using and also the EK memory modules.

These have been powder coated chrome and as you can see it looks more like a matte silver, so that's why I didn't like the chrome powder coat for the side panels. I will be getting new ram modules and keeping them black but wanted to show you guys this anyway.

uVFmDRa.jpg

ZoZx1aj.jpg

8zfyLG6.jpg

wPPYuox.jpg

Os4KuPZ.jpg

HGMNF5c.jpg

tfoZZZB.jpg

1ETbPzj.jpg

Jbb22NC.jpg

Also cleaned up the rear i/o shield

tBmhU1D.jpg

wAzxuUI.jpg

Suits the build better this way!

tTaL9uF.jpg

Stay tuned for more!

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

Didn't realize those EK ram modules were so shiny!

Looking awesome bud!

Thanks mate! They are normally black, these were powder coated the initial chrome powder coat that I was gonna use but ended up not liking it. Going back to black ones for the ram :)

SIMPLE MODZ

what did you use to paint the motherboard heatsinks? Because normal paint obviously doesn't work.

what did you use to paint the motherboard heatsinks? Because normal paint obviously doesn't work.

Used Plasti-Dip but normal paint would have been all good too. I've painted heatsinks like this before and all is good :)

SIMPLE MODZ

Used Plasti-Dip but normal paint would have been all good too. I've painted heatsinks like this before and all is good :)

Where the fuck did you get plasti dip?

I like this man its nice, m-itx builds are a challenge and good to see that your putting a lot of thought and work into customizing the case and doing lots of cool stuff. 

good pics and nice to see the frame naked and them components laid out and a lot of thought gone into it. 

got to love Asus components

so there is matte plasti-dip. ok, I might do this if the blue on my motherboard and ram are different colors. Thanks.

also, I love that color of blue!