Will freesync work with any displayport 1.2a?

xnoobftw

Seems like im in a good spot now :D

FAK now i regret upgrading from a 660 to a 290x within a year of owning my 660 xD (what a waste of $$)

Pascal sounds interesting.... And i think nVidia is going to roflastomp AMD one day because of the snowball effect (how much money nVidia is actually making vs how much money is AMD really making) because of how affordable AMD products are compared to nVidia (hence lesser revenue) but many people still go with nVidia because they have the money to do more advertisement and hence it will cause a snowball effect.... Would you agree? :o

I think AMD is lacking funds in researching new architectures tho....

HBM, Asynchronous Shaders and all the little things there trying to do, I think it's going to live to the hype.

I know AMD lacks money that's why I hope that Samsung deal is true.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Dying Light is a Gamewrecks title and a bad port to begin with.

Turn off Nvidia graphics features.

Next time don't bother with all those post-apocalyptic/zombie/survival trashy bandwagon genre of games.

I think the game is fun and the mechanics aren't too snappy.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

HBM, Asynchronous Shaders and all the little things there trying to do, I think it's going to live to the hype.

I know AMD lacks money that's why I hope that Samsung deal is true.

It is quite sad that the thing holding AMD back (which IMO is a better company that nVidia) is money...

PS: Im not a fanboy, im a fan of whichever company that puts customers as top priority 

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

Dying Light is a Gamewrecks title and a bad port to begin with.

Turn off Nvidia graphics features.

Next time don't bother with all those post-apocalyptic/zombie/survival trashy bandwagon genre of games.

I think the game is fun and the mechanics aren't too snappy.

The game is pretty fun

But too bad the optimisation sucks....

Same goes for assassin creed unity! (I finished it and funny thing is i enjoyed it as compared to what others said)

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

It is quite sad that the thing holding AMD back (which IMO is a better company that nVidia) is money...

PS: Im not a fanboy, im a fan of whichever company that puts customers as top priority

I don't know why you had to say you aren't a fan but it's the same for me deep in my heart AMD > Nvidia > Intel

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

The game is pretty fun

But too bad the optimisation sucks....

Same goes for assassin creed unity! (I finished it and funny thing is i enjoyed it as compared to what others said)

Unity is freaking great, the parkor and the enemy's feel better also that co op thing is quite something.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

I don't know why you had to say you aren't a fan but it's the same for me deep in my heart AMD > Nvidia > Intel

Im afraid of getting shot for saying that AHAHA

My wallet says AMD>Intel>Nvidia

xD

Unity is freaking great, the parkor and the enemy's feel better also that co op thing is quite something.

^ I agree

I'm not an AMD fanboy. I just look like one because I don't like how Nvidia does things B)

Nvidia cards are great though. If only they were more affordable...

But some of their cards like 750Ti had amazing performance/power consumption and there is some scenarios where that comes into place.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Yes power efficiency is a big deal for some people. Nvidia's low-mid end cards are more reasonably priced.

But I'm an avid gamer looking at the higher end of the performance spectrum, where power consumption is not quite the biggest concern.

I've seen a lot if people like you too, where power doesn't matter what matters is the performance and price for them.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

What if the 300 series actually offers great 4K gaming experience ??

Also won't pascal use it's proprietary connection ?? So you would need a new motherboard and you will be locked or am I lost as always ??

Whichever. I am waiting for both in any case, and then pick a decision, unless it is a must (GPU broken, or games are unplayable at medium settings (which usually my point in time where I upgrade)

Pascal sounds interesting.... And i think nVidia is going to roflastomp AMD one day because of the snowball effect (how much money nVidia is actually making vs how much money is AMD really making) because of how affordable AMD products are compared to nVidia (hence lesser revenue) but many people still go with nVidia because they have the money to do more advertisement and hence it will cause a snowball effect.... Would you agree? :o

I don't know. I find AMD advertisement better to be honest most of time. Nvidia is not an always the case. Sure they have these cool videos of the card in 3D, and cool shots, but AMD has fun making their ads memorable. Nvidia is more "<cool animation of the card in 3D>... now lets talk about features one after another..." or "<here are some shots people write on a transparent white board which is totally impracticable in real life but looks cool>, now talk about how awesome we are".

According to JJ from ASUS, Freesync will be part of the DisplayPort 1.2a standard. It was in one of the LTT videos from CES 2015, but I can't remember which one.

According to JJ from ASUS, Freesync will be part of the DisplayPort 1.2a standard. It was in one of the LTT videos from CES 2015, but I can't remember which one.

It will be optional. JJ is wrong.

No! JJ lied to us! I really hope that it becomes part of the standard at some point. That would be really awesome.