I just installed a new Corsair H100i GTX on my i7-4790k and I,m getting 92c on Prime 95 Small FFT's with turbo boost on running at 4.4GHz my vCore is manually set to 1.250 that's as low as it will run at. Everything is installed perfect so its not that. It has done this on every cooler I've tried. The Dynatron Evo 11, Zalman CNPS 5x preforma, and stock. All the air coolers failed on small FFT's. I guess I need to Delid it. My idle temps are 32c. I don't know what to do.

My rad fans are in stock config. I had to mount the fans against the case and the rad against the fans and they're pulling air from the outside in and pushing through the rad. Its the only way I can run it accept for turning the fans around to pull hot air from inside the case through the rad and out the case but I don't want to do that. the 2 middle core are a lot hotter than the far right one and the 1st one to the left is next coolest. I'm thinking deliding it may be my only option to get it cool. All the videos I've seen show the stock i7 4790k with a h100i running around 60c to 70c

Whats your fan setup like on the rad

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

I think your idle temps are perfectly fine, if your CPU is at 100% load at 92 degs, that should be alright. To me that sounds pretty goddamn high, but you mentioned it's done this on every cooler you've tested on.

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

I think your idle temps are perfectly fine, if your CPU is at 100% load at 92 degs, that should be alright. To me that sounds pretty goddamn high, but you mentioned it's done this on every cooler you've tested on.

The 4790K is not supposed to run at 92C. Even at 4.4GHz, that's way too hot.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Dont use Prime95 on your 4790K it can literally kill it!
Use Aida64!

EDIT: Original is still true, but my 4790K on my H100i in push/pull @ 4.5Ghz and 1.293V gets about 80C in gaming.
So temps are likely fine for you (still test with aida64) just never use Prime95!

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

NEVER EVER EVER EVEEEEEEEEEER use Prime 95 on a Haswell based CPU. Intel themselves made a program specifically for overclocking their Haswell CPUs because every other program overvolts the processors into oblivion. It can and will fry your CPU if used for an extended period of time. There's nothing wrong with your cooler nor your overclock, Prime 95 is solely to blame.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24075/Intel-Extreme-Tuning-Utility-Intel-XTU-version-5-1-2

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

I over clocked it to 4.7 GHz with a vcore voltage of 1.3 and its doing amazing. With AIDA64 the temps never get over 75c with a push from outside in setup. Now im having trouble with the stupid Corsair link. Its junk. Keep hearing a USB diconnect sound over and over and over driving me nuts. Today it seems ok but when i start a game thats usually when it starts. the Corsair Logo blinks when u hear the USB sound. Also in corsair link my pump and fan info is flashing red? it works but i dont know what that means it wasnt there at first.

I over clocked it to 4.7 GHz with a vcore voltage of 1.3 and its doing amazing. With AIDA64 the temps never get over 75c with a push from outside in setup. Now im having trouble with the stupid Corsair link. Its junk. Keep hearing a USB diconnect sound over and over and over driving me nuts. Today it seems ok but when i start a game thats usually when it starts. the Corsair Logo blinks when u hear the USB sound. Also in corsair link my pump and fan info is flashing red? it works but i dont know what that means it wasnt there at first.

Corsair link is horrible. 

I have it "Working" on my system but I have to have it plugged in all the time, and every time i restart i hear the connect and disconnect sound.

Make sure the connections are not loose on the link USB cable, that could be the problem.

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!