I cannot click with my g502

Hi LTT forums!

I've got bad news today.... I cannot click with my g502.. The cursor moves, but I cannot click on anything on my computer. I tried plugging it in again, but the same problem occurs. Does any of you guys have any solutions? 

Thanks for helping!

is it only left click, or other buttons as well? may be a broken switch, may be a driver issue (logitech allows you to unbind keys)

Hi LTT forums!

I've got bad news today.... I cannot click with my g502.. The cursor moves, but I cannot click on anything on my computer. I tried plugging it in again, but the same problem occurs. Does any of you guys have any solutions? 

Thanks for helping!

I had this happen on my Corsair M60, but mine was out of warranty so I gave it a try at cleaning the switch with some isoprpyl alcohol and it did the trick. If you can try to contact Logitech to see if they will do an RMA for you first before opening things up since it can void the warranty.

is it only left click, or other buttons as well? may be a broken switch, may be a driver issue (logitech allows you to unbind keys)

well both clicks do not work.

I had this happen on my Corsair M60, but mine was out of warranty so I gave it a try at cleaning the switch with some isoprpyl alcohol and it did the trick. If you can try to contact Logitech to see if they will do an RMA for you first before opening things up since it can void the warranty.

Also, i have had this mouse for almost 6 months and i cant believe it already broke

Also, i have had this mouse for almost 6 months and i cant believe it already broke

Do you still get the clicky sound from the switch still or does it not have anything at all?

It could be a bad batch of switches or that rare one that fails before it's MTBF.

Hi LTT forums!

Thanks for helping!

RMA it.. My G602 has started mis-clicking (Sometimes not registering, sometimes letting go while dragging and sometimes double-clicking)

Returning it tomorrow. 10 months old (3 yr warranty tho)!! Logitec reliability does not seem to be what it used to.. 

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

Do you still get the clicky sound from the switch still or does it not have anything at all?

It could be a bad batch of switches or that rare one that fails before it's MTBF.

i still hear the click sound, but right now I unbounded the left click to nothing and binded my mousewheel click to left click and it works

Nvm guys I now fixed it! thx for the suggestions though! Sorry that this wasn't a serious problem for me to handle, but it is fine for now. 

but I have had 5 omron switches rated to 20 million clicks die one me in less then a year so it seems to be more common these days or I have really bad luck lol

but I have had 5 omron switches rated to 20 million clicks die one me in less then a year so it seems to be more common these days or I have really bad luck lol

hmm that's unfortunate, but yeah it can happen sometimes  :(

• 1 year later...
On 4/7/2015 at 7:32 AM, BananaFalcon said:

Nvm guys I now fixed it! thx for the suggestions though! Sorry that this wasn't a serious problem for me to handle, but it is fine for now. 

How did u fix it though? im having the same problem

• 6 months later...
On 4/6/2015 at 6:32 PM, BananaFalcon said:

On 2/21/2017 at 3:09 AM, huehuehue said:

How did u fix it though? im having the same problem

Seriously, why say you got it fixed, but don't leave the answer? Exact same issue here and no solution. What is this, Linus Trash Tips?

Edit: Ok, more info, woke PC, mouse worked fine, went to launch WoW, PC crashed. Came back up, logged in, mouse moves, keyboard works, launched Firefox from keyboard, sound works. Only thing not working is mouse clicks.

steps taken:
Swapped ports, no change
connected alternate mouse, M305 works just fine.
Decided to reinstall drivers for G502, went to export my config files for mouse from Logitech Software. 
Briefly while looking through menus switched from Local Memory to On Board memory to see if my config files would store on mouse, forgot that local configs are alot simpler.
Swapped back to Local Memory, exported cofigs to a desktop folder, noticed only 3 config files and my most used profiles were missing.
Accidentally hit mouse. Noticed mouse suddenly started working again.

Possible G502 dropped its config files or driver got corrupted on crash and either switching to on board memory, or exporting my config files caused something to refresh. Probably would re-install driver software anyway just to be safe.

Edited by Kanotu
More info

• 1 year later...
On 8/23/2017 at 10:39 AM, Kanotu said:

Decided to reinstall drivers for G502, went to export my config files for mouse from Logitech Software. 
Briefly while looking through menus switched from Local Memory to On Board memory to see if my config files would store on mouse, forgot that local configs are alot simpler.
Swapped back to Local Memory, exported cofigs to a desktop folder, noticed only 3 config files and my most used profiles were missing.
Accidentally hit mouse. Noticed mouse suddenly started working again.

Created a profile to say thanks to this user.....he was right (for me at least). If your comp crashed it seems likely it can corrupt your mouse profile. 

Read this and had a similar experience before the mouse problem: My computer crashed after leaving a game and wouldn't reboot until I unplugged it from the wall for a bit.

It came back up and everything worked but the G502 buttons - mouse still moved but wouldn't interact. 

Troubleshooting: Unplugged all USB devices, plugged in keyboard and mouse and rebooted. No difference. 

- Plugged into different USB ports (USB 2 this time) - no change. 

- Checked running programs for issues - no issues. 

- Plugged in another mouse and it was fine. 

Came across this and toggled the onboard - local memory in Logitech software. Did a reset of all profiles in both onboard/local settings - and it works! 

Thanks mate!

• 3 years later...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Yeah well no, since this was is already indexed by google and shows the exact steps that made my mouse work again. I don't get this policy, if it describes a problem perfectly, and i was able to find the solution, it needs to be revived or at least have an update in the current year to show the solution still works.

I've created an account to say thanks for anyone that felt compelled to explain their solution. I have also solved this, and it also seems to have been the Logitech Gaming Software that i was still using. Had no idea about the Gaming HUB Logitech rolled out.

Anyway: When i rebooted my pc, the mouse is working. I can click my profile, and login, but after that my mouse was unresponsive to clicking. Scrolling works, but clicking with either the left or right button did nothing.

After uninstalling the Logitech gaming software, functionality of these buttons restored. But looking at the Logitech support pages there wasn't an up-to-date version of the software. This is where i discovered the Gaming HUB, installed that, imported my old Gaming software profiles, and the G502 is running strong again.

• 1 year later...

In case anyone is still having this issue of the G502 not clicking this might help you. I have had this problem with mine twice in the last few months but was able to easily resolve it each time. Unplugging and re-plugging did not help nor did restarting the PC. Opening the Logitech Gaming Software, just open not reinstall, is all that I had to do. You'll have to do that with your keyboard or a spare mouse. I am using the old Gaming Software (LGS_9.02.65_x64_Logitech) because I didn't like the Hub.

• 2 weeks later...

I have this problem with my G502 every time I restart or turn my pc on.  Just click the DPI button on your mouse a few times and you should be good to go.