G-sync monitor, can you connect a xbox or PS4?

ChrisWald

when I was shopping for a new monitor my dad sad that I should get a bigger one but I couldn't afford it because I am on a budget. He than looked at the asus RoG Swift and was verry impressed and he was awesome enough to pay the difference. I have a gaming rig and an xbox one for forza and I was hoping I could move it upstairs so I do not have to move my steering wheel and pedal structure if I want to play asteto corsa or someting like that.

Could you connect the monitor to the console with a simple adapter or is it more complicated?

when I was shopping for a new monitor my dad sad that I should get a bigger one but I couldn't afford it because I am on a budget. He than looked at the asus RoG Swift and was verry impressed and he was awesome enough to pay the difference. I have a gaming rig and an xbox one for forza and I was hoping I could move it upstairs so I do not have to move my steering wheel and pedal structure if I want to play asteto corsa or someting like that.

Could you connect the monitor to the console with a simple adapter or is it more complicated?

Unfortunately no you can't as GSync needs an supported Nvidia GPU with no consoles have.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Can we switch dads for the day? But doesn't the ROG swift have like 3 HDMI cables? 

You should just connect it VIA HDMI 

Also, nothing supports G-sync but Nvidia cards, funny cause the PS4 and XBONE is AMD

Edited by theelitegamer

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

it will certainly not use the Gsync part, but i'm fairly sure you can just hook it up with hdmi (would be silly of nvidia if that wasnt possible)

Can we switch dads for the day? But doesn't the ROG swift have like 3 HDMI cables? 

Also, nothing supports G-sync but Nvidia cards, funny cause the PS4 and XBONE is AMD

ROG Swift needs and only has Display Port.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

you would need a HDMI to displayport adapter and you would not be able to use gsync

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

IF a HDMI - Displayport thing works, it will just give you a normal monitor image, nothing G-Sync.

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

You will need an DP to HDMI adapter and that adapter doesn't have to be active as both of have digital signals.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

ROG Swift needs and only has Display Port.

Wasn't aware of that..... I'm sorry for being stupid again.

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

So basicly I'm ok but I just have to buy an adapter or is it more complicated?

I was told you need an active display port to hdmi adapter from this forum before. http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=active+display+port+to+hdmi&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=6351717381&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3483091740773341332&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_6512d51zd_e

No. Swift is just Display Port only.

it will certainly not use the Gsync part, but i'm fairly sure you can just hook it up with hdmi (would be silly of nvidia if that wasnt possible)

Swift is Display port only.

IF a HDMI - Displayport thing works, it will just give you a normal monitor image, nothing G-Sync.

Just down scaled since Swift is 1440p.

You will need an DP to HDMI adapter and that adapter doesn't have to be active as both of have digital signals.

I was told before on here you need an active one. The regular ones did not work for me. I have an Asus ROG Swift.

So basicly I'm ok but I just have to buy an adapter or is it more complicated?

I was told on here before that you need an active display port to HDMI adapter.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

I was told you need an active display port to hdmi adapter from this forum before. http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=active+display+port+to+hdmi&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=6351717381&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3483091740773341332&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_6512d51zd_e

No. Swift is just Display Port only.

Swift is Display port only.

Just down scaled since Swift is 1440p.

I was told before on here you need an active one. The regular ones did not work for me. I have an Asus ROG Swift.

I was told on here before that you need an active display port to HDMI adapter.

I don't think you need an active one like when you convert HDMI to VGA because both signals are digital not digital to analog or otherwise.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I don't think you need an active one like when you convert HDMI to VGA because both signals are digital not digital to analog or otherwise.

You do need an active adapter. DP to HDMI cables only work in one direction. Read the FAQ at the top of this section.

Alright no problem. I asked this question before and people on here at the time told me I need an active one. I can try it later. I was just going to buy a 1080p monitor instead.

Edit: @Glenwing I knew I was right about that. I remember asking that before on here. Thanks again. Been a while.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

You do need an active adapter. DP to HDMI cables only work in one direction. Read the FAQ at the top of this section.

Oh fuck me it;s been like the third time you correct me about Adapters and cables I need to check my info before I get rekt again.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ