I3 4130 + R9 280

Go to solution Solved by david cassar,

A core i3 with an r9 280 is a perfect combination for a budget build. You'll be fine.

Do you think that an core I3 4130 would bottle neck an R9 280 or not in most modern games, or should I try to get a better CPU and a cheaper GPU, like an I5 and a 750ti?

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

A core i3 with an r9 280 is a perfect combination for a budget build. You'll be fine.

Sounds like a solid choice for a budget build.

Good combo.

CPU: Intel i5-4690k                                                               RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengance Pro DDR3-2400                                                                     Case: NZXT S340

Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo                                                  Storage: Intel 730 SSD                                                                                                            PSU: EVGA 850G2

Mobo: Asus Z97-A 3.1                                                          GPU: 980ti G1                                                                                                                          OS: Windows 10 Pro

Depending on what you want a GTX 960 is faster than the 280 but I'm not sure about the cost your looking at.  i3/280 will be a good combo for now,

However, I think you should go for the i5 and upgrade later down the road, it won't give you better performance now but compare a E8400 to the Q6600 today.

One is slow and the other is still great at running indie titles and RTS games.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

Thank you everyone for your very quick replies. :)

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!