Shock Cord - Sleeving Option?

Last year, I posted how I was impressed with Razer's sleeving of their mice and looking for something similar. Recently, I ordered some cord samples from paracordgalaxy.com and thought I'd share my findings:

M6qC0I9.jpg

Here we have a standard USB braided mouse cable (Mionix NAOS), 425 paracord, ⅛" shock cord, and 550 paracord. Owners of newer Razer mice have braided cables much closer to the ⅛" shock cord than the 425 paracord. Some suggested it was 550 paracord, and while the weave is tighter than the standard braided mouse cable or 425 paracord, its diameter is slightly larger (~1.5mm). So I've found my sleeving grail? Not so fast.. Shock cord is basically bungee cord with an elastic rubber core for tie-downs and whatnot. Seems very difficult to work with, even in the useless 6" sample length I received. The individual rubber core cords break easily and try to grab each other when attempting to remove them. The bottom portion in the white picture and top portion in the black picture show part of the cord that still has its rubber core intact.

Ideally, I'd like to try a coreless ⅛" shock cord, or a 3mm coreless paracord with the 550 weave (they're probably the same thing). I don't think shock cord is worth working with, because at usable lengths, the core would be even more of a pain in the ass to remove, but I still think it looks and feels much much better than the 425 that comes on most braided mice cables. What do you folks think? Too much hassle? Maybe worth looking into a coreless version? :)

Personally I'm a fan of PET or plastic sleeving since I don't like the feel of a fabric type cord but if you can get a tightly woven shock cord it would looks goof but sourcing it is doing to be hard since they usually weave the braiding around the cord during manufacturing. That being said regular 550 paracord would work no problem even at the larger diameter since you can stretch the paracord making it shrink in diameter slightly.