Bose Fan, Ready for the bashing. (Might be surprised)

AskMrJake

Did it work as well as actually having surround speakers behind you?  This is gimmicky stuff they have been playing with for decades (ever seen a pair of 901?)  I don't doubt that it produced a surround effect better than similar items from some of their competitors but a sound bar will always BE a sound bar, and a 2.1 system will always be just two speakers and a subwoofer.

Definitely isn't as good and god damn they're expensive. But, it's a quite cool technology they were toying around with

its really what your experience in audio is. Many is about brand snobbery (pitty most audio brands that the general public has heard of are very ordinary). how Bose came of fam was their high end speaker 901 which at the time was great and many audiophile praised. ever since then they havent lived up to the 901 standards. they spent more on advertising (like beats and many other companies) in marketing that actual audio research / development.

CD Transport: Oppo 105 > RCA: Morrow MA1 / HDMI > Processor: Primare SP33 > RCA: Morrow MA1 > Amplifier: Elektra Theatron 7 > Speaker Cables: Neotech > Speakers: Monitor Audio RS8

Checked out the speakers you recommended and they are only about $40 cheaper than the price I have available on the Companion 5. I am just hesitant to try another speaker brand because I have mostly accepted Bose as a quality audio company and am unsure if other brands truly do sound as good or better than Bose systems. From my experience, the products I have purchased have been pretty solid. Am I mistaken? Are there really better speakers for the price point? 

I haven't used the A2+ personally but can tell they do sound very good from hearing them in stores, they do lack one thing which is heavy bass since their subwoofer is a separate option it does add more cost in the end where the bose companion 5 have a sub. 

I find most of the bose lineup to be fairly good, I have a set of earbuds from them for almost 4 years now with no issues but I wouldn't say this for every item they have on hand since there are some that aren't so amazing.

I haven't used the A2+ personally but can tell they do sound very good from hearing them in stores, they do lack one thing which is heavy bass since their subwoofer is a separate option it does add more cost in the end where the bose companion 5 have a sub. 

I find most of the bose lineup to be fairly good, I have a set of earbuds from them for almost 4 years now with no issues but I wouldn't say this for every item they have on hand since there are some that aren't so amazing.

A subwoofer doesn't had "heavy" bass, it adds sub-bass if it's set up correctly. If you want heavy bass you get something tuned that way, or EQ.

Not nearly as bad. 

Liking Bose is way worse in pro audio than Beats....you kidding me.

I'll admit they had some comfy headphones that were not bad...but for $299 ROTFL....

Bose is the absolute pocketbook rape company.  They make tiny drivers....claim full frew response when it's clearly not possible using 3 inch drivers.

Just no....on all levels.  It's usually for people that have NO idea what is going on in the audio world.

Liking Bose is way worse in pro audio than Beats....you kidding me.

I'll admit they had some comfy headphones that were not bad...but for $299 ROTFL....

Bose is the absolute pocketbook rape company.  They make tiny drivers....claim full frew response when it's clearly not possible using 3 inch drivers.

Just no....on all levels.  It's usually for people that have NO idea what is going on in the audio world.

So you claim I don't have any idea of what's going on in the audio world? We're talking bose as a whole, not just their line of crappy headphones

So you claim I don't have any idea of what's going on in the audio world? We're talking bose as a whole, not just their line of crappy headphones

Looks like we're dealing with someone who's on the inside in "pro" audio, can't argue with that.

If you like Bose....by all means buy Bose. What do I care? 

The headphones were actually decent as far as comfort....I didn't say they were crappy. They were just FAR, FAR overpriced.

If Bose charged $50 for the headphones that I tried on, I'd have bought them.

Bose is simply overpriced and "most" people that buy them don't want quality components to mix and match.

I grew up on salesmen telling me what was inside Bose speakers and comparing them to other speakers and saying they are really crappy.

I'm not just making up this stuff.

You ever see a Bose woofer.... ahh... just hilarious.

But hey... you wanna spend $400 for the companion series by all means.

As I watch my shows in ADA 995 THX 5.1 Altec Lansing that cost me $149 and has lasted me 8 years.

If you want Bose so bad I'll sell you a pair of these.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bose-Companion-2-Computer-Speakers-/231523719438?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35e7e3990e

Granted those are not mine but they've been sitting in the garage for a year doing nothing. I forgot all about them actually. They were...cough $100 new and no I didn't buy them. My GF's Dad did.

You see....you just can't compare the 2 systems yet Bose cost way more.

But....regardless, if you want Bose and that name appeals to you... GO BUY IT.

They're headphones are also not overpriced if you actually look at them right.

You can't compare it to any closed back headphone because it got the noise canceling feature which cost extra to implement and develop and that effect the sound quality so you have to keep that in mind.

And FOR a noise canceling headphone they are really good both in sound and in the noise canceling effect.

They're headphones are also not overpriced if you actually look at them right.

You can't compare it to any closed back headphone because it got the noise canceling feature which cost extra to implement and develop and that effect the sound quality so you have to keep that in mind.

And FOR a noise canceling headphone they are really good both in sound and in the noise canceling effect.

I agree that they have good noise cancelation and I think it's a decent product. But wasn't there a competitor that does it just as well while costing less I think? It was some Youtube review and I forgot the name of it. I also heard the Bose headphone has durability issues but I can't speak from experience.

If you like Bose....by all means buy Bose. What do I care? 

The headphones were actually decent as far as comfort....I didn't say they were crappy. They were just FAR, FAR overpriced.

If Bose charged $50 for the headphones that I tried on, I'd have bought them.

Bose is simply overpriced and "most" people that buy them don't want quality components to mix and match.

I grew up on salesmen telling me what was inside Bose speakers and comparing them to other speakers and saying they are really crappy.

I'm not just making up this stuff.

You ever see a Bose woofer.... ahh... just hilarious.

But hey... you wanna spend $400 for the companion series by all means.

As I watch my shows in ADA 995 THX 5.1 Altec Lansing that cost me $149 and has lasted me 8 years.

If you want Bose so bad I'll sell you a pair of these.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bose-Companion-2-Computer-Speakers-/231523719438?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35e7e3990e

Granted those are not mine but they've been sitting in the garage for a year doing nothing. I forgot all about them actually. They were...cough $100 new and no I didn't buy them. My GF's Dad did.

You see....you just can't compare the 2 systems yet Bose cost way more.

But....regardless, if you want Bose and that name appeals to you... GO BUY IT.

There are so many fallacies and irrelevant statements in your post.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

I agree that they have good noise cancelation and I think it's a decent product. But wasn't there a competitor that does it just as well while costing less I think? It was some Youtube review and I forgot the name of it. I also heard the Bose headphone has durability issues but I can't speak from experience.

post.

Audio technica got one that i know of which is cheaper but isn't as good or comfortable but Is like half the price so it's just a cheaper option and yes they're built is kinda plasticy.

But they're noise canceling feature is rather amazing I have yet to try better one out there and if you are using headphones mainly in planes and you don't like in ears I think it is a good buy.

There's a story from the audio store guy, where someone buy the QC just to get the noise cancelling feature. So this guy can't sleep with even just white noises (like AC and stuffs). So he bought the QC, set it to on, and wear it to sleep. Not playing any sounds or songs, just become an earmuff. An active, noise cancelling earmuff....

There are so many fallacies and irrelevant statements in your post.

I'm not agreeing with the other fellow (I have no opinion on his comments) but your comment is just as bad. Don't just say "You're wrong" and leave it at that. Back up your opinion and/or explain why you disagree with him. Otherwise, your comment is useless and people are prone to listen more to the other fellow.

I'm not agreeing with the other fellow (I have no opinion on his comments) but your comment is just as bad. Don't just say "You're wrong" and leave it at that. Back up your opinion and/or explain why you disagree with him. Otherwise, your comment is useless and people are prone to listen more to the other fellow.

It's more fun when one gets their jimmy's rustled

Yeah, then I start explaining why every post is full of shit and then I'm shitposting everybody every day. It gets old. Anybody with half a brain ought to be able to figure it out themselves.

I was actually typing it all out, then I stopped.  I'm no stranger to explaining why I don't agree, trust me.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

Yeah, then I start explaining why every post is full of shit and then I'm shitposting everybody every day. It gets old. Anybody with half a brain ought to be able to figure it out themselves.

I was actually typing it all out, then I stopped.  I'm no stranger to explaining why I don't agree, trust me.

Yes, but the audio forum has a few regulars whose contributions are shitposts about half the time. They come across as assholes and aren't helpful even though they tout themselves as knowledgable.  My advice is don't let yourself be in the same category as those people.  "Any one with half a brain" is borderline asshole because most people come to the forum to learn.  Saying things like, "If you're smart enough to figure it out, you can figure it out" is a shitty way to treat some one that comes to a forum to learn.  If that type of comment is in response to a poser that thinks he knows what's up, then be nice and provide a link or two to references so that the poser can learn, too.   

If you're tired of typing your opinion and can only resort to being an asshole when you don't agree, then it's probably time to find another forum in which to be contributor. Otherwise your posts are useless and unwanted.

It's more fun when one gets their jimmy's rustled

Do you treat people in real life that way? 

Yes, but the audio forum has a few regulars whose contributions are shitposts about half the time. They come across as assholes and aren't helpful even though they tout themselves as knowledgable.  My advice is don't let yourself be in the same category as those people.  "Any one with half a brain" is borderline asshole because most people come to the forum to learn.  Saying things like, "If you're smart enough to figure it out, you can figure it out" is a shitty way to treat some one that comes to a forum to learn.  If that type of comment is in response to a poser that thinks he knows what's up, then be nice and provide a link or two to references to that the poser can learn, too.   

If you're tired of typing your opinion and can only resort to being an asshole when you don't agree, then it's probably time to find another forum in which to be contributor. Otherwise your posts are useless and unwanted.

I AM an audio subsection regular, lol. Thanks by the way.

The 'assholes' on here are probably the best contributing members to the forum. Did you LOOK at the state of the forum?

If you really want to get nitpicky, there's a difference between correcting a guy who's thinking of purchasing something for the wrong reasons versus correcting a guy just because he's typing stupid crap that makes no sense. If anything, my post was better than what I was going to write. You think a long post picking apart every sentence is better than a one-liner? Guy's going to take offense and inevitably write more stuffs either way. (Do you now realize why I said I didn't want to bother?) You can say sure, that that particular post still didn't result in much awe-inspiring knowledge, but then again, boo hoo. There's always the next thread.

Guy's going to take offense and inevitably write most stuffs either way

You're probably right. But it's also in the way something is said, not just what is said. Communicating is a skill, too.

The 'assholes' on here are probably the best contributing members to the forum. Did you LOOK at the state of the forum?

Yes. It's nearly enough to drive people away. 

there's a difference between correcting a guy who's thinking of purchasing something for the wrong reasons versus correcting a guy just because he's typing stupid crap that makes no sense. 

This also is true. But the random dude typing stupid crap is giving a reason for the other forum member to buy something for the wrong reasons. The stupid crap should be corrected in a polite way. 

but then again, boo hoo.

I feel like this attitude is contributing to the state of the forum.

You're probably right. But it's also in the way something is said, not just what is said. Communicating is a skill, too.

Yah, ok.

This also is true. But the random dude typing stupid crap is giving a reason for the other forum member to buy something for the wrong reasons. The stupid crap should be corrected in a polite way. 

Not in this particular instance, I don't agree. You can argue that it's better to correct him now in case if affects his purchasing decisions remotely in the future. The guy obviously wasn't looking to get something right now. On top of that, this is what I'm saying. Correcting what's wrong with his post won't necessarily mean I'm correcting his purchasing decisions. I don't even like Bose speakers, but the way he defended it was bad. That was it. Correcting that's not going to help anybody, including my mental status. Hence, why I didn't bother. I recommend I wait for a thread that actually matters to use my quota of nice-posts.

I feel like this attitude is contributing to the state of the forum.
If my attitude turns people into teenagers that can't search threads before posting, then we have a problem on our hands.

I'm off to work, seeya.

Not in this particular instance, I don't agree. You can argue that it's better to correct him now in case if affects his purchasing decisions remotely in the future. The guy obviously wasn't looking to get something right now       ....     but the way he defended it was bad. That was it. 

I guess this is true.  I think the point I made is valid in a more broad sense of posting on the forum rather than this guy and his Bose speakers. 

Yes, but the audio forum has a few regulars whose contributions are shitposts about half the time. They come across as assholes and aren't helpful even though they tout themselves as knowledgable.

Only half the time? You flatter me, sir!

Do you treat people in real life that way? 

I always tell people what I think when they ask for it, without any words being softened or what not. If you want soft, non-offensive words, go to @Lays or @creatip123

We don't get paid to be here. No one's paying us to help other people in choosing their brand new headphones. We are simply people who want to communicate, help and debate about audio with other people.

I previously said bose speakers are pretty decent, another user said people who even remotely like or buy bose don't understand audio at all in which I replied if he thinks I'm inexperienced at all about audio, when I'd like to think I understand some part of audio.

Maybe you should consider your priority here by stating your opinion about bose first, rather than going in and creating a whole new shitstorm in this subforum

Maybe you should consider your priority here by stating your opinion about bose first, rather than going in and creating a whole new shitstorm in this subforum

Funny how it's always the holier-than-thou pearl-clutchers who are the ones to drag topics into a shitfest.

Funny how it's always the holier-than-thou pearl-clutchers who are the ones to drag topics into a shitfest.

People who can't contribute and can only create chaos are IMO, waste product in the society

Look at the pot calling the kettle black. I'm sure no one likes you in real life, too, which is why you bury yourself in a forum taking your loner-rage and hate out on every one else that has an opinion that differs from yours.  

You are a pitiable person. I hope you find a friend one day.