Need help on my frist watercooling project

Go to solution Solved by Ghost,

That's a strange choice of reservoir but the rest of the components seem fine.

Laing pumps have a really long mtbf so you have nothing to worry about buying them second hand.

In fact if you wanted to you could buy the stuff and sell it for more than you bought it for on eBay.

i dont mind mixing it myself, and i think is a lot cheaper.

http://www.moddingworld.pt/loja/liquidos/30247-anticorrosive-anticorro-fluid-50ml.html

http://www.moddingworld.pt/loja/liquidos/4503-mayhem-biocide-10ml-.html

destiled water is less than 2€ for 5L

i botle of 1000ml coolant is about 8€

That's fine, just make sure to add the correct amounts.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

since the block and pump will be used, do i clean them with warm destiled water? like the radiator flush

since the block and pump will be used, do i clean them with warm destiled water? like the radiator flush

Yes. You should always flush your components.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

any tips on the loop layout on a define r3?(not that i have much of an option)

any tips on the loop layout on a define r3?(not that i have much of an option)

You could make diagram of your loop. It makes it easy to spot potential flaws in a loop.

To do this simply grab a 2D side on snap of your case. (Just type your case name into google images and scroll down a bit till you find one, it should be there.) Then go to a photo editing program and simply put rectangles where you would like to place your radiators, blocks, reservoirs, pumps and tubing. For blocks use blue, for radiators use red and anything else use grey and for tubing use orange/brown lines with an arrow to point out the intended flow direction of your loop. There is no need to put fans in. This forum has an upload function or you can use an image sharing site and embed the picture into your post. This is an example of this from my personal loop: http://i.imgur.com/MynbfCp.jpg

at first i tought on something like this:

http://i.imgur.com/TilOS.jpg?1

but for that i would have to suspend the reservoir and put the pump on the ground feeding straight to the ress,i dont think it will look that good.

i need to check the ins and outs of the reservoir but they will arive next only.

is realy that bad to have the pump and res at the same level? i dont think that res have a top exit,and the pump got a ek top so its gonna look weird comming from the side of the res to the top of the pump

at first i tought on something like this:

http://i.imgur.com/TilOS.jpg?1

Could you draw a diagram? I really cant picture what you want to do or what you would want to change. :(

Fractal-Design-Define-R3-computer-case-i

yes i will draw one, but im not at home right now, im also pretty sure i will need a 90º adaptor if the res is gonna be suspended on top

an acceptable and easy way would be to bolt a pump/res to the radiator:

5670161531_dfab87782c_b.jpg

airdeano

here is the fist loop scatch, I will make one with the res on top also.

green=pump

yellow=cpu block

blue= reservoir

red=radiator

light gray=in

dark gray with pink stroke=out

ktrx.jpg

Looks great, maybe the res would be better positioned a bit lower down in the case?

this one I cant test without the res, if it fits ic an remove just half of the HDD cage

i like like this one =)

hm7b.jpg

Looks much better. Just make sure you have clearance for the radiator at the top.

think it does, i saw ppl with h100 on define r3,they had to mount in the grill hole with a washer,

btw i got the pump and block today

bxu6.jpg9bpq.jpgjagc.jpg

needs a cleaning =)

Once you get it clean it will look brand new. :)

Once you get it clean it will look brand new. :)

i saw ppl cleaning with juice and some saying to use katchup

i saw ppl cleaning with juice and some saying to use katchup

That's because Ketchup has acid in it. Just use plain cheap vinegar or citric acid. :)

That's because Ketchup has acid in it. Just use plain cheap vinegar or citric acid. :)

soak in it for a few hours or use a toothbrush?

soak in it for a few hours or use a toothbrush?

same for the pump?

Use a toothbrush first to get rid of most of it and then run the loop with (very) diluted vinegar or citric acid.

so, while i was checking how dirt the top were,i saw that one of the screws was a bit weared down,can i get one on a local hardware shop?

so, while i was checking how dirt the top were,i saw that one of the screws was a bit weared down,can i get one on a local hardware shop?

I doubt it.

farnsworth.jpg

Good news everyone!,the screws on the pump were standart M4x24mm Philips head,i got 4 new ones for 15 cents =)

on the computer shop they cost 1.5€  :wacko:

Good news everyone!,the screws on the pump were standart M4x24mm Philips head,i got 4 new ones for 15 cents =)

on the computer shop they cost 1.5€  :wacko:

Good to hear!

damn, the radiator is out of stock the st got 278 x 125 x 30 mm

and the x45 124 x 280 x 45 mm

do you think it will fit?

damn, the radiator is out of stock the st got 278 x 125 x 30 mm

and the x45 124 x 280 x 45 mm

do you think it will fit?

Have you got the case?

A standard fan thickness is 25mm. You can measure it yourself.