Need help on my frist watercooling project

Go to solution Solved by Ghost,

That's a strange choice of reservoir but the rest of the components seem fine.

Laing pumps have a really long mtbf so you have nothing to worry about buying them second hand.

In fact if you wanted to you could buy the stuff and sell it for more than you bought it for on eBay.

Hi,

I got someone selling a Laing DDC 18W with a top EK X-TOP V2 and a EK Supreme LT block for 50€

i was checking the rest of the parts for the loop and came up with this:

Bundle Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper 240mm "Standard" mit 2x Yate Loon D12SL-12 1350rpm

41,31 €

Masterkleer tubing PVC 13/10mm (3/8ID) UV-active white 2 meters i think

8,00 €

13/10mm (10x1. 5 mm) compression fitting outer thread 1 / 4 x6

10,56 €

Alphacool Cape Corp AGB2 black Rev. 2

15,04 €

giving me a total of 125€.

my questiton is,should i just get a XSPC rasa 450 rs120 kit for 130€ and maybe add a 240 radiator later?

Im running a I7 950 on a rampage 3 gene on a define r3

thx

That's a strange choice of reservoir but the rest of the components seem fine.

Laing pumps have a really long mtbf so you have nothing to worry about buying them second hand.

In fact if you wanted to you could buy the stuff and sell it for more than you bought it for on eBay.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

thx for the fast reply

the only concern i ahve on the parts is that the pump is used,about 1 year of use.

thx for the fast reply

the only concern i ahve on the parts is that the pump is used,about 1 year of use.

Laing pumps are rated for 50,000 hours of use. That's more than 5 years of running non-stop.

Unless he ran it dry (without water in it) you will have no issues.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

the thing about the reservoir is, first is cheap and im low on budget, second im gonna use destiled watter with no dyes so a transparent reservoir wouldent look right in my opion

the thing about the reservoir is, first is cheap and im low on budget, second im gonna use destiled watter with no dyes so a transparent reservoir wouldent look right in my opion

Water on its own can look nice too but thats an opinion. :)

and about the setup,should i remove the HHD cage (wich i think will make the case loose some structure) or try to fit it on top somehow?

and about the setup,should i remove the HHD cage (wich i think will make the case loose some structure) or try to fit it on top somehow?

It looks like you can fit a 240 radiator in the top.

SoAZsa8G5e.png

you can fit a 240 in the top, 120 in the back, and if you want, you can remove a harddrive cage for another 120 (get the thick EK one's or it really won't be worth you trouble, only get a slim for the one next to your CPU)

oh and please don't use masterkleer if you plan on using a dyed coolant, use Primochill's primoflex adavanced LRT if you are going to

It looks like you can fit a 240 radiator in the top.

that is a 600T, ig ot a define r3,he holes dont match on the define r3, i will have to mod it

oh and please don't use masterkleer if you plan on using a dyed coolant, use Primochill's primoflex adavanced LRT if you are going to

gonna use destiled water

Why? I've always used MasterKleer and never had issues. :o

that is a 600T, ig ot a define r3,he holes dont match on the define r3, i will have to mod it

gonna use destiled water

You're right, my mistake.

ok guys, thx for the help, I'm going to go for the parts

Why? I've always used MasterKleer and never had issues. :o

I have seen many photos where MasterKleer get gunked up, so yeah

I have seen many photos where MasterKleer get gunked up, so yeah

Is this with Mayhems Coolants?

Is this with Mayhems Coolants?

yes it is, but Mayhems coolants should be fine (according to Singularity) 

imag0120f.jpg

yes it is, but Mayhems coolants should be fine (according to Singularity) 

Mayhem's coolants are very "demanding". You can't use a lot of tubing with them.

i decided to change the fittings, this one looks better.

just to be sure those are the right size of eachother right?

They do. :)

i was checking my loca supermarket wekbsite and the destiled water listed there had a conductivity inferior to 30 u / cm

is that the normal ammount?

i was checking my loca supermarket wekbsite and the destiled water listed there had a conductivity inferior to 30 u / cm

is that the normal ammount?

Thats okay. Coolant is a better option because it comes pre-loaded with anti-corrosives and biocides. However, if you prefer to add that yourself then go for it.

i dident find any shops selling PTnuke, the only one i fould was mayhem biocide and silver coil

i dident find any shops selling PTnuke, the only one i fould was mayhem biocide and silver coil

For simplicity just get XSPC or EK coolant.

You can use mayhems biocide or a silver kill coil but you will also need a corrosion inhibitor.