Dead SSD?

Rabbicats101

Recently my computer crashed on me. To try and fix it I pressed the reset switch on my case. It turned off and when it went to boot it said bootmgr missing. I went into my bios and noticed that my SSD was not showing up as a boot option. I reseated the power and data cables and switched out the power and data cables, but it did not fix the problem. I assumed it was a dead SSD and asked for an RMA. Is it dead or should I keep trying? I've read online that there have been quite a few instances of SSD's disappearing from their boot options and that it was because of a dead SSD. Should I assume the worst?

Thanks,

Rabbicats

Did you try using another hard drive first to see if your cable or SATA ports were dead? I think its LIKELY that your SSD is dead, but I would suggest checking EVERY possibility because a lot the time the simplest fix is the best one. Irony is like that.

Did you try using another hard drive first to see if your cable or SATA ports were dead? I think its LIKELY that your SSD is dead, but I would suggest checking EVERY possibility because a lot the time the simplest fix is the best one. Irony is like that.
My HDD still shows up on both Sata cables in my system so I think the cables are fine.

Then your SSD is likely dead. I can't think of any other reason for it to not register on your PC.

I assumed that. I sent in a RMA and their depot is nearby so it shouldn't take that long. The only downside is I had my antivirus and Microsoft office on it so i'll have to get new copies. :(