In the video Linus is talking about a resolution of 3840px * 2160px, but all over the internet its listed with only 1440p. Who is right?

It is 2560x1440.

144hz ips panel? Is this an april fools joke? Am I missing something? I thought IPS physically couldn't do that speed on a chemistry level? Gotta be an april fools

No it is not, several peoples already own one too btw. Just take a look over at overclock.net in the official topic about this monitor for images.

Do you have any info on their resolution scaler? I have a 1080p benq but am just wondering what's up with it, doubt it applies there though.

It lets you force different resolutions/screen sizes on the monitor. I would use it if I used my ps3 for something, I could scale the 24in monitor screen down to something close to 19in, without windows. It works with any connected device.

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

ULMB works only between 85-100 Hz on this monitor, that's what he was talking about. If you use G-sync you can go up to 144Hz as normal. You can't use ULMB and G-sync together anyway.

So there will be less motion blur right? As I want a really smooth monitor. (even without ULMB?). As I know BEN-Q has a bunch of cool things on their monitors, but should I get this one?

I ordered one last week off Acer's website, coming tomorrow. Got 10% off with coupon code SEIZETHEIDEA (not sure if still valid, for Acer website). Came out to $719 before tax and shipping ($800 total)Stock is very limited everywhere though.

NewEgg is taking back-orders now: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009742&cm_re=xb270hu-_-24-009-742-_-Product

CPU i5-4690K(OC to 4.4Ghz) CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x41 Motherboard MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Memory G.Skillz Ripjaws X 16gb 2133 Video Card MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X           Case NZXT H440 Power Supply XFX XTR 750W Modular Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250gb/Seagate Barracuda 2TB Monitor Acer XB270HU G-Sync http://pcpartpicker.com/b/3CkTwP

Does anybody have any idea how long it'll be before the price range drops on these 'next-gen' monitors? If at anytime? Obviously want one of these badboys and looking to purchase a GTX970 in the summer, with the hopes of another SLI combo down the line. Baring this in mind, i'd rather wait on buying this monitor to fulfill its potential. What do you guys think?

Well, I waited for the price of the RoG Swift to drop, ended up not being more than around 150€ where I live. Then bought the Acer for the full price. :P

144hz ips panel? Is this an april fools joke? Am I missing something? I thought IPS physically couldn't do that speed on a chemistry level? Gotta be an april fools

It's next level fools. The fool itself is a fool. Seriously though, the monitor standing in front of me.

I ordered one last week off Acer's website, coming tomorrow. Got 10% off with coupon code SEIZETHEIDEA (not sure if still valid). Came out to $719 before tax and shipping ($800 total)Stock is very limited everywhere though.

NewEgg is taking back-orders now: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009742&cm_re=xb270hu-_-24-009-742-_-Product

Got 10% off with coupon code SEIZETHEIDEA (not sure if still valid)

Is the code for ACER website or for Newegg as well? I just ordered mine yesterday through Newegg and was wondering if I can just give them a quick call and see if they can honor the code. Saving is saving right?

CASE - CM Storm Stryker, PSU - EVGA 1000 P2 80+ Plat, CPU - i7 4790K w/ NZXT Kraken X61, GPU - MSI GTX 1080 TI Seahawk X, MB - ASUS Z97 Maximus Hero VII, RAM - G.SKILL Ripjaw X Series (2 x 8GB) DDR3 1600, SSD - SAMSUNG 1 TB, DISPLAY - ACER XB270HU + SAMSUNG S24C570HL

ULMB works only between 85-100 Hz on this monitor, that's what he was talking about. If you use G-sync you can go up to 144Hz as normal. You can't use ULMB and G-sync together anyway.

So there will be less motion blur right? As I want a really smooth monitor. (even without ULMB?). As I know BEN-Q has a bunch of cool things on their monitors, but should I get this one? (anyone else help)

I have a GTX 650 Ti boost - which I know isn't very good but can i change the res from 4k to 2k maybe or 1080p and it will work fine? Only going to be playing games like CSGO/Minecraft at the moment so not really a big deal.

Is the code for ACER website or for Newegg as well? I just ordered mine yesterday through Newegg and was wondering if I can just give them a quick call and see if they can honor the code. Saving is saving right?

Sorry, should have been more specific, code is for Acer website. Original post edited.

CPU i5-4690K(OC to 4.4Ghz) CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x41 Motherboard MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Memory G.Skillz Ripjaws X 16gb 2133 Video Card MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X           Case NZXT H440 Power Supply XFX XTR 750W Modular Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250gb/Seagate Barracuda 2TB Monitor Acer XB270HU G-Sync http://pcpartpicker.com/b/3CkTwP

I just ordered a 4k monitor and I was like hmmm... maybe I should have got this instead.... its an 1inch smaller but pretty good. Then I saw its $250 more... than...the 4k monitor I ordered.  $800 %!%*!*!..... yeaaa... I'll stick with my 4k monitor.

But this is 1440p monitors as a whole, despite how fast 4k monitors and 4k tvs as well are dropping in price... good 1440p monitors still come with too much of a price premium (probably because almost all are IPS) when you consider how close the 4k monitors are nipping at their heals for cost.

To continue this rant could I freakin have a 1440p tv for my media center. Why did TV's and tv content go straight from 1080p to 4k. Could we walk before we run... we could take a break along the way and visit 2k first.

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

"the 1st no compromises display"

Ok granted Linus said "that I've seen", but tbh, there is still a massive compromise that's there. One that the majority of people will overlook completely or feel isn't a compromise due to the period of time that's elapsed since what im about to explain happened.

The compromise is that its still LCD. LCD was introduced as a cheap new tech that was affordable and widely available roughly around the early 2000's period that allowed TV's and monitors to be much slimmer than old CRT's and, when compared to plasma, cooler running, lighter, and have no issues with burn in (which later got resolved with newer Plasma's). However, LCDs major drawback, and one that's still around, is the presence of a backlight and slow pixel response, both inherent to LCD technology.

A no compromise display will be one that FINALY gives us the best of both CRT/Plasma and LCD. A screen that's slim, light, sharp, has jet black blacks with brilliant whites, instant pixel response, no input lag, and ofc high resolutions. G-Sync and/or free sync would be a bonus ofc.

The only up coming display type that I can see achieving that is OLED.

A 21:9, 2160p, OLED, ~40", screen with gsync/freesync would absolutely dominate any LCD competitor.

Until then, ill stick with my Plasma.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Now all we need is a G-Sync-less pre-calibrated version of this monitor for 600 bucks.

Bleh, far too small.

I won't even look at any type of monitor or TV unless it is, at the very minimum, 32 inches.

Why was the review released on April fools day? This monitor is no joke :C

The April Fools joke was the Fractal unboxing! We felt it wasn't a substantial enough piece of content to deliver to you guys without giving you a REAL video, so we decided to release this one as well.

Nope, no joke. This thing is GORGEOUS in person. Amazing monitor.

The April Fools joke was the Fractal unboxing! We felt it wasn't a substantial enough piece of content to deliver to you guys without giving you a REAL video, so we decided to release this one as well.

Nope, no joke. This thing is GORGEOUS in person. Amazing monitor.

I know :D Already watched the video when it was released on vessel and I just bought one. Some people thought it was a joke, though.

I know :D Already watched the video when it was released on vessel and I just bought one. Some people thought it was a joke, though.

Yeah that's the tough bit about April Fools, everyone thinks the serious news is a joke as well :P...

Nice! I'm jealous, I think we have to return ours :(...

FYI, currently stock from various sellers on Amazon

http://www.amazon.co...ASIN=B00UPVXDA8

Yeah that's the tough bit about April Fools, everyone thinks the serious news is a joke as well :P...

Nice! I'm jealous, I think we have to return ours :(...

Waiting a bit might not be the worst thing, I had to return one with dead pixels and backlight bleed.

Seems it is quite a common defect, I got lucky with my second one.

should i sell my asus vg248qe for this monitor 

FYI, currently stock from various sellers on Amazon

http://www.amazon.co...ASIN=B00UPVXDA8

Thats way overpriced. Not to mention you still have to pay sales tax. Retail is $800.

I managed to get mine off shopblt for $748+free shipping. Shop around some more and see what you can find

should i sell my asus vg248qe for this monitor 

I'm replacing one of my VG248QE for this bad boy. You should to!

So there will be less motion blur right? As I want a really smooth monitor. (even without ULMB?). As I know BEN-Q has a bunch of cool things on their monitors, but should I get this one? (anyone else help)

I have a GTX 650 Ti boost - which I know isn't very good but can i change the res from 4k to 2k maybe or 1080p and it will work fine? Only going to be playing games like CSGO/Minecraft at the moment so not really a big deal.

I have a BenQ XL2430T 144hz 1ms 1920x1080p TN panel monitor. I do not play with blur reduction and the 144hz is ridiculously smooth. The smoothness of the monitor I feel definitely comes from the refresh rate, as once I started playing CS:GO at 144hz, anything below that just looked weird since I was so used to the smoothness of 144. I'm considering getting rid of the BenQ or moving it aside for the Acer one even though I don't really need G-Sync (or don't think I do, who knows.)

The monitor is 1440p so you will need a bit more power to drive demanding games, but with CS:GO, you should be able to hit 144hz. Minecraft, no idea honestly as I haven't really tested it but I'd assume you could get an advantage.

when Linus says click her to view the best $1000 graphics card Solution, I click on the link and nothing happens. I cant find that video

Thanks! No wonder I couldnt find it, its old. 

A few people have questioned the value of GSync. It's worth checking out in the flesh if you can find a store with a demo model or know anyone with a GSync monitor. As Linus said, it's almost impossible to describe or demonstrate GSync's visual improvements without experiencing it first hand.

I was just as dubious as the rest of you but my first experience with a GSync monitor was nothing short of a revelation. The last time I was that impressed by a visual upgrade was shortly after I installed a Voodoo2 graphics card in my 486 beige box PC. GSync dramatically improves the overall visual experience of fast moving 3D games. It's really worth a look even if you stopped caring about screen tearing long ago.

I have a BenQ XL2430T 144hz 1ms 1920x1080p TN panel monitor. I do not play with blur reduction and the 144hz is ridiculously smooth. The smoothness of the monitor I feel definitely comes from the refresh rate, as once I started playing CS:GO at 144hz, anything below that just looked weird since I was so used to the smoothness of 144. I'm considering getting rid of the BenQ or moving it aside for the Acer one even though I don't really need G-Sync (or don't think I do, who knows.)

The monitor is 1440p so you will need a bit more power to drive demanding games, but with CS:GO, you should be able to hit 144hz. Minecraft, no idea honestly as I haven't really tested it but I'd assume you could get an advantage.

Ok, thanks a lot. So you think the ULMB doesn't really matter, and I should get this monitor?

Also will my GPU be able to handle this monitor, and this is really advanced monitor... so shouldn't go out of date for a very long time as has pretty much everything possible in a monitor today?