All of these modern day monitors look fantastic to me. Acer has always made good monitors in my opinion (using one now) but that picture looks amazing.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Why is it that the HU doesn't appear on either Amazon or NCIX? I don't suppose it's released yet, is it?

The main issue is Acer's warranty and Customer Service. They refuse to see this display as faulty if it has less than 16 dead pixels, and even then it's hell to deal with them.

Overclock.net doesn't have happy people ( those that ordered directly from Acer ), and OcUK the same for their warranty and customer service. They make Asus look good, they at least give me an On-Site replacement, and with OcUK any dead pixel = a replacement.

If they sorted that out, and fixed the cheap looking build quality I would have gotten this monitor this week instead of the Asus SWIFT.

Also $20 increase over the SWIFT? Lucky North America, it's listed at at least +€100 over the SWIFT in many places here.
5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

This? *yawn* Reports are already circulating of Acer developing the Predator XR341CK to be released later this year and they all say the same. This thing's gonna have a 34", 3440x1440 Ultrawide CURVED display with G-SYNC and a 144Hz refresh rate. (A less pricey version may be available without G-SYNC as well) The only thing that's up in the air is whether or not it'll be IPS. Anyone got any info on that?

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/news_archive/32.htm#acer_xr341ck

So how much does it cost? Both of the links posted have zero information about the product in the review!

I'll wait until Asus brings something out like the MG279Q monitor they announced awhile back before going to 1440p. Acer has really been stepping up their game with their monitors, but still glossy eww.

This? *yawn* Reports are already circulating of Acer developing the Predator XR341CK to be released later this year and they all say the same. This thing's gonna have a 34", 3440x1440 Ultrawide CURVED display with G-SYNC and a 144Hz refresh rate. (A less pricey version may be available without G-SYNC as well) The only thing that's up in the air is whether or not it'll be IPS. Anyone got any info on that?

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/news_archive/32.htm#acer_xr341ck

That sounds absolutely incredible. I've already started saving my shekels for the monitor and the two top-tier nVidia cards required to play games on it!
If that's its standard price, it will end up costing nearly $1500 AUD after the exchange rate and "haha you live in Australia" tax is applied. As a rough comparison, I paid $1000 AUD for an ROG Swift just after its release. IPS would be very sweet but not at that price.

If that's its standard price, it will end up costing nearly $1500 AUD after the exchange rate and "haha you live in Australia" tax is applied. As a rough comparison, I paid $1000 AUD for an ROG Swift just after its release. IPS would be very sweet but not at that price.

I ordered the ROG SWIFT at £619, much cheaper than the $20 Linus quoted.

Although after the exchange rate I paid €890. I sure hope you get get skint on the price, although it's more than likely to happen. :(

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

I ordered the ROG SWIFT at £619, much cheaper than the $20 Linus quoted.

Although after the exchange rate I paid €890. I sure hope you get get skint on the price, although it's more than likely to happen. :(

Mate, living in Australia sure makes it hard to be a bleeding edge tech enthusiast. The price for anything PC related gets jacked up beyond belief. It's even worse for obscure items like watercooling gear. I shed a tear (and add 100%) everytme I see the US launch price for an awesome new tech product. I had to import my Shield tablet from the US and pay an outrageous amount for shipping because it hasn't even been released in Australia. Just one of many... /rant

Although this monitor blew me off on how good and amazing it is,the price took me by my hair and slapped my head from the ground and told me to wake up cause I will never have ~800 to spend on a monitor alone.
Sooo, this will be my request to Linus if he could make a review featuring budged gaming monitors like they did with that Motherboard showdown series?

Why the old linustechtips intro?

And for those people looking for this video,

Linus Media Group Newsletter #1 - Big Giveaway, New Opportunities

Link -

Why was the review released on April fools day? This monitor is no joke :C

If only it had Benq's screen resolution scaler.....it would literally be perfect...

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

This is something I've been wanting, I just kind of wish they had a g-syncless model since I feel like that's adding an extra $100 or $200 to the price, who knows. Even though I have an NVIDIA gpu, I don't feel that I need g-sync.

But I might need to get rid of my BenQ XL2430T for this... The only thing that annoys me is no DVI ports (I like the little locking screws on the ports so it doesn't come unplugged by mistake.)

If only it had Benq's screen resolution scaler.....it would literally be perfect...

Do you have any info on their resolution scaler? I have a 1080p benq but am just wondering what's up with it, doubt it applies there though.

Does anybody have any idea how long it'll be before the price range drops on these 'next-gen' monitors? If at anytime? Obviously want one of these badboys and looking to purchase a GTX970 in the summer, with the hopes of another SLI combo down the line. Baring this in mind, i'd rather wait on buying this monitor to fulfill its potential. What do you guys think?

At 5:15, he says about the anti-motion blur that doesn't work with G-Sync? This is what BEN-Q has and I'm not sure what to do. I am thinking of playing CSGO so no motion blur would be nice, but not at the cost of screen-tearing. Also he said about screen-brightness being changed and only 100hz? I don't know what to do?

At 5:15, he says about the anti-motion blur that doesn't work with G-Sync? This is what BEN-Q has and I'm not sure what to do. I am thinking of playing CSGO so no motion blur would be nice, but not at the cost of screen-tearing. Also he said about screen-brightness being changed and only 100hz? I don't know what to do?

ULMB works only between 85-100 Hz on this monitor, that's what he was talking about. If you use G-sync you can go up to 144Hz as normal. You can't use ULMB and G-sync together anyway.

Acer monitors are really solid if you ignore the fact that they supports G-Sync not Free Sync. Funny thing is that their prebuilt are extremely bad, Acer should start properly spec their Predator desktop if you ask me.

In the video Linus is talking about a resolution of 3840px * 2160px, but all over the internet its listed with only 1440p. Who is right?

144hz ips panel? Is this an april fools joke? Am I missing something? I thought IPS physically couldn't do that speed on a chemistry level? Gotta be an april fools