New HTC M9 a bit of a flop?

u wot m8?

see what I did there?  ;)

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

More like 810 flop, seems like the new tegra 3 to me.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

I love my M7 so much and loved my Legend before it. HTC has always been such a compelling underdog with unique features and positive aspects to me. However, I won't be getting an M9. Even though the M7 is two years old now I just don't have enough reason to get the M9 and I think I'll be heading towards the Galaxy S6 as much I used to despise Samsung phones in the past. The S6 is just beautiful and is a worthy upgrade from an M7.

Yes the M9 is a big flop. HTC took one or two steps forward, then ran a marathon back.

Short battery life (even shorter than the M8)

Much worse screen than the M8. It is really bad.

Gets hotter than the sun and then has to throttle like crazy.

Camera is a disappointment and only better in some situations (and worse in some).

The M9 can't even stand up against last year's flagships (not even the M8), so you would have to be out of your mind to get it. Just get the M8 or a phone from a different brand if you want a new phone now.

Yes the M9 is a big flop. HTC took one or two steps forward, then ran a marathon back.

Camera is a disappointment and only better in some situations (and worse in some).

The M9 can't even stand up against last year's flagships (not even the M8), so you would have to be out of your mind to get it. Just get the M8 or a phone from a different brand if you want a new phone now.

I thought they stuck with the same screen of the M8?

I thought they stuck with the same screen of the M8?

I am not sure if they use the same panel, but the M9 is far worse when it comes to brightness, saturation (it is way too much), color accuracy, color temperature and other areas. It just be that they calibrated it much worse.

The only things that are the same is the size and resolution.

Exactly! When did flagship become lagship? I'm looking forward to the moment when they go 'look it lasts all week on one charge!' nothing new, what happened to cutting edge design  :(

Cheap web hosting coming soon https://mdhosting.co.uk

"Our biggest problem with the M9 (and M8 and M7) is the massive bezel."

Seriously?..

Moved to Mobile Devices.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

the bottom has a full inch of device that isn't being used to display content.

Yeah but its still has a media output, id rather that than some tiny speakers,

Forgive me, but i wouldn't call the M9 or 8 Dated looking, i think it looks great, well anyways, i guess im glad i didn't wait for the 810 like i wanted to

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

M9 flop or a snapdragon flop? Maybe Samsung's reason for ditching the 810 was actually true.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

I have an M7 and see no point in upgrading. The one thing they needed to fix, the camera, isn't any better on the M9 from what I'm reading.

Last two phones have been HTC, but may be jumping ship to the LG G4 depending on the offical announcement,

CPU i5-4690K(OC to 4.4Ghz) CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x41 Motherboard MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Memory G.Skillz Ripjaws X 16gb 2133 Video Card MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X           Case NZXT H440 Power Supply XFX XTR 750W Modular Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250gb/Seagate Barracuda 2TB Monitor Acer XB270HU G-Sync http://pcpartpicker.com/b/3CkTwP

M9 flop or a snapdragon flop? Maybe Samsung's reason for ditching the 810 was actually true.

Perhaps, but it was only a matter of time before they started pushing Exynos chips into all of their devices.

It just makes more sense to manufacture as many of the components in house as possible. Looks like they've finally managed to meet that manufacturing capacity.

Honestly, good on them. The new Exynos chips look quite beastly.

I imagine they needed some excuse to break away from Qualcomm.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red