Are the people at HP high....?

Luke

The shots fired in this thread.

My potato can run Crysis 3 at 4K! Potato Build: 4 Titan Zs, 8-core potato cpu (8GHz), 28GB RAM, 5 USB 3.0 Ports with razer stickers ;D

Too long; Didn't watch.  I'd rather watch a movie than an angry self absorbed computer technician benchmark a computer for an hour and a half.

45 minutes for part 1 was already too long.  

If there's a 10-15 minute segment some where in there, I might consider watching it. 

10-15 minutes doesn't not convey clear and concise information when your actually removing bloatware, benchmarking, and then building another system.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Sure, it isn't meant to be a high performance computer, but when he opens the computer the Sata cable hooking up the HDD is disconnected. So I think he has a right to question the quality of these systems and of course he can just plug in the HDD but no ordinary user is going to know what is wrong with their computer when they get it home from the store. He doesn't just bash the computer and offer no alternative, in a follow up video he details how to build a computer for the same price, and offers an alternative to people instead of buying that junk. Also Carey is hardly uneducated, he has a Harvard degree in Computer Science.

You totally miss the point,  this computer is not aimed at ordinary people who want to learn how to build a pc, his arguments are moot because people who are not into tech do not care what screw they used, what PSU/mobo or CPU combo it has, they just want to send emails, surf the web and use facebook.   Also HP mass image all their machines before they ship so if the sata cable was unplugged, not only it would have failed the image but be only one in hundreds of units to have an issue of any kind.  Nearly all his arguments  as to why it's shit rest on a flawed premise that the consumer needs more power and the pc cost more than it's worth.

Carey is an arrogant and self important.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Whhhhhhhhhhy?

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

10-15 minutes doesn't not convey clear and concise information when your actually removing bloatware, benchmarking, and then building another system.

The system he is reviewing does not need to be bench marked nor have a DIY alternative offered. It is a basic machine for facebook, email and general office work.  It is aimed at people who neither can nor want to build their own.   When they where in offices works they were selling for $399 with a monitor keyboard and mouse, no body can build a better system for the same let alone less. 

What Carey did was pick a the lowest spec prebuilt he could, destroy it in a video (using flawed arguments) then try to make himself look like the hero by offering a DIY video to get something better.  All he has done is capitalise on the internet mentality toward low spec prebuilt's and use it to get more views on an unnecessary video.   He has totally ignored the end user demographic.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

HP laptops are great,(well most of them) but there desktops are just... I don't they are just not built like they should be...

Is it bad that my dream setup only costs a few thousand not counting the obutto?

CPU: FX-8320

Motherboard: asrock 970Pro3 r2.0

Memory: Team Zeus Blue 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory 

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB DUAL-X Video Card 

Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case  

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  

SSD: MX100 128GB

HDD: WD 2TB black edition

Linus can do it in his 10-15 minute videos.  We don't need to him complete those tasks you mentioned on-screen. We just need to know that they're done, how they were done, and what the results were. 

I believe I've seen a prebuilt with a i7 4770 paired with an AMD r7 240

Written on my Lenovo Z500 T - I5-3230M   Or

My pc :)

Linus can do it in his 10-15 minute videos.  We don't need to him complete those tasks you mentioned on-screen. We just need to know that they're done, how they were done, and what the results were. 

Its not for people who actually know how to build a computer, watch the videos PROPERLY and then you'll actually be able to understand what I'm saying.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Its not for people who actually know how to build a computer, watch the videos PROPERLY and then you'll actually be able to understand what I'm saying.

You're kidding right? I did watch the 45 minute video. The way he talked was as if his audience already knew about computers. He repeatedly said "If you're a tech..." He was preaching to the choir almost the entire time. Not to mention the fact that any rookie shopping for a computer isn't going to want to watch 45 minutes of one computer... let alone another hour and a half followed by part 3.

If you gained anything from those videos, you'd be able to summarize it succinctly. Unless that series of videos really is trash.

You totally miss the point, this computer is not aimed at ordinary people who want to learn how to build a pc, his arguments are moot because people who are not into tech do not care what screw they used, what PSU/mobo or CPU combo it has, they just want to send emails, surf the web and use facebook. Also HP mass image all their machines before they ship so if the sata cable was unplugged, not only it would have failed the image but be only one in hundreds of units to have an issue of any kind. Nearly all his arguments as to why it's shit rest on a flawed premise that the consumer needs more power and the pc cost more than it's worth.

That's exactly what I've been saying.

Especially entertaining was when he starting making fun of how easily the sticker came off the case. "It's not supposed to come off this easily." That's the biggest load of horse shit. Yes, they are supposed to come off easy because it's a retail packaging sticker. He's just reaching for excuses and ways to make fun of another computer company to promote his own. Any one else that can't see that is just ignorant.

They all do this. Dad's Acer had an Nvidia GT 610 that was worse than his Ivy Bridge integrated graphics. The thing you need to remember is that these super low end GPUs are added so that marketing and retailers can shove a "Graphics by Nvidia/AMD" sticker on the front, advertising that it has a dedicated GPU for "all your gaming needs". Regardless of if it's actually good or not.

I just don't understand... why does a big company like HP have trouble making logical builds when an inexperienced forum-lurker can make something much better?  Unless their intention is deception, they could do a much better job.

i5 4670k (can OC to 4.4Ghz) - Hyper 212 evo w/ AC MX2 - XFX Radeon R9 280X8GB ADATA XPG V2 DDR3-1600 - MSI Z87 G41 - Corsair CX600M 600W PSU - 1TB HDD - 120GB SSD

Just going to leave this here...

yeah, those are both passive.

To answer anyone who was wondering

Yes, it can play minesweeper 

Albiet at a sub par 12 frames per second

I have seen worse with HP

Holy shit. It suddenly booted in Windows 8 I genuinely thought i was looking at a video from 2005 or something. I mean look at the innards of the pc, and the kitchen surrounding it. That guy himself is basically a 90's time capsule. 

That's exactly what I've been saying.

Especially entertaining was when he starting making fun of how easily the sticker came off the case. "It's not supposed to come off this easily." That's the biggest load of horse shit. Yes, they are supposed to come off easy because it's a retail packaging sticker. He's just reaching for excuses and ways to make fun of another computer company to promote his own. Any one else that can't see that is just ignorant.

Exactly, it would half OK if he was reviewing a computer advertised for gaming or as some sort of powerful pc, but he is not.  He is tearing apart the most entry level "off the shelf" pc you can buy. It's not aimed at people who know how to use a screwdriver, it's not aimed at people who edit video or play games, it is aimed at the millions of people who want to use facebook and can't afford $400 or more for a computer.   It doesn't need elaborate cooling solutions, discrete graphics or even anything more than an external brick PSU. 

Also with regard to the OP, I wouldn't be at all surprised if HP have a contract with nvidia to buy/supply a certain number of nvidia gpus,  it'd be much easier to make up the supply difference with $40 GPUs in low end desktops than to try and shoe horn them into workstations where the end user might have specific preference for which workstation card they want/need.

HP are crap. My dad bought me a HP Desktop and he paid $1,300 for it i kid you not... And all i got was a AMD A10-6700, 16GB RAM 3TB HDD and Radeon 8570 GPU.
The difference between the $1,300 version and the $600 version is the $600 one had 500GB HDD and 4GB RAM that was the only dif i kid you not.

On to the layout of the case... Tell me people what does heat do? it rises very good.
Wheres the PSU.... At the op of the case sucking in air and pushing it in to the case.
Where does the GPU sit?
Right under the PSU where its blowing in air it took from out side the case
CPU is all the way down the bottom with a exuast fan blowing the hot air the CPU makes out side the case which then rises and the PSU sucks it back in so the GPU idel ends up running around 40-50c

There was no way to mount a intake fan on the case and only 1 small grill above the CPU but the GPU just sits at the top of the case with no ventilation right next to the PSU.

HP are crap at building computers and dont even know how to price them. Dont by HP

Desktop: CPU: I7-5820K GPU: 980Ti, 750Ti PhysX Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS RAM: 4x4 Kingston DDR4 2400MHz OS: Win10
Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo, 3TB WD Black and Green FIRESTRIKE, Reason for dedicated PhysX Card.

Peripherals: Screen: 3x BenQ VZ2350 Mouse: Razer Naga Keyboard: Some Dell Thing Sound: Razer Tiamat, 5.1 Logitech Surround Speakers

HP are crap. My dad bought me a HP Desktop and he paid $1,300 for it i kid you not... And all i got was a AMD A10-6700, 16GB RAM 3TB HDD and Radeon 8570 GPU.

The difference between the $1,300 version and the $600 version is the $600 one had 500GB HDD and 4GB RAM that was the only dif i kid you not.

On to the layout of the case... Tell me people what does heat do? it rises very good.

Wheres the PSU.... At the op of the case sucking in air and pushing it in to the case.

Where does the GPU sit?

Right under the PSU where its blowing in air it took from out side the case

CPU is all the way down the bottom with a exuast fan blowing the hot air the CPU makes out side the case which then rises and the PSU sucks it back in so the GPU idel ends up running around 40-50c

There was no way to mount a intake fan on the case and only 1 small grill above the CPU but the GPU just sits at the top of the case with no ventilation right next to the PSU.

HP are crap at building computers and dont even know how to price them. Dont by HP

Heat isn't really a consideration with such low end GPUs.

Heat isn't really a consideration with such low end GPUs.

yeah but when your IDLING at 40-50c then yes it is a problem xD

Desktop: CPU: I7-5820K GPU: 980Ti, 750Ti PhysX Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS RAM: 4x4 Kingston DDR4 2400MHz OS: Win10
Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo, 3TB WD Black and Green FIRESTRIKE, Reason for dedicated PhysX Card.

Peripherals: Screen: 3x BenQ VZ2350 Mouse: Razer Naga Keyboard: Some Dell Thing Sound: Razer Tiamat, 5.1 Logitech Surround Speakers

yeah but when your IDLING at 40-50c then yes it is a problem xD

No it isn't. 50 degrees isn't going to damage anything. As long as load temperatures aren't dangerous. I'd be more worried about the uber cheapo piece of shit PSU itself, instead of the GPU being under it.

If this is true, then he really should learn to check himself.  His attitude is very off-putting and some one new to him isn't going to appreciate much that he has to say.  Arrogance is not an positive attribute no matter how it's spun. 

Delivery isn't always about what a person says, but how he says it. I tell my son this all the time.  Tone and attitude play a lot in how much another person is going to care about what he has to say. 

I can understand why some people dislike his attitude and at times I can agree that he can be arrogant, but he does a good job in getting people interested in computers and computer building.

You totally miss the point,  this computer is not aimed at ordinary people who want to learn how to build a pc, his arguments are moot because people who are not into tech do not care what screw they used, what PSU/mobo or CPU combo it has, they just want to send emails, surf the web and use facebook.   Also HP mass image all their machines before they ship so if the sata cable was unplugged, not only it would have failed the image but be only one in hundreds of units to have an issue of any kind.  Nearly all his arguments  as to why it's shit rest on a flawed premise that the consumer needs more power and the pc cost more than it's worth.

The point of Carey's video is to show people how poorly constructed and equipped these budget pre-builds are. He shows people that there are alternatives to buying these computers whether that be through building your own or buying from another brand. Sure, consumers don't necessarily care about what PSU or motherboard it uses when they buy it, but when these components fail later on consumers will really be questioning the quality of the computer. The truth is HP are cutting corners, they are selling these poorly built computers for more than they are worth and they ripping off the average consumer who doesn't know better. Carey spent his own money on that computer, not to just to bash it for self promotion, but to warn people to not spent their money on that kind of HP crap.  

The answer to your question is most likely yes.

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Apology 38a, Socrates

Just going to leave this here...

ac67b1bd-9421-486d-8e66-9e9bb67fbfbc.jpg

yeah, those are both passive.

What an excellent PC. How high can i overclock my processor and graphics card with that beast?

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 []