Are the people at HP high....?

Luke

Dare I say it, not an accident, but poor parenting. A little research might have gone a long way on the part of he parents.

The good thing is that they have given their consent to the project and he should have a good gaming PC in the upcoming months

I have seen worse with HP

"Only blind people can do cable management this bad... wait sorry they could probably do better, sorry for insulting the visually impaired"

I have a HP pavilion, and the only reason why i think it isn't like this is because I specified it should have an extra 2 USB ports, so it probably had to be mostly rebuilt.

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

So i just came across this HP Pavillion with an AMD A10 5700 and integrated HD 7660D graphics. Installed in this computer was also a Nvidia GT 620 GPU and on the back of the motherboard was the onboard DVI/VGA blocked by covers that say "DO NOT REMOVE" on them as shown in this picture.

So rather than doing dual graphics they paired a GT 620 GPU with an AMD APU system rendering the HD 7660D graphics completely useless? On top of that the GT 620 GPU is WORSE than HD 7660D? The ONLY reasoning that i can find behind this is that the GT 620 has an HDMI port but HP could have just put one on their motherboard....

attachicon.gifhp stupid.jpg

I want to think that engineers and technicians working at HP have not been abducted by alien forces known as greedy, fat ass sales department or CEOs.

Options are:

1) They are using faulty APUs with faulty GPUs and instead of throwing them out they just "cork" the output and put the warranty bs sticker on top. 

2) They bought insanely cheap APUs and need to make a difference between a crappy PC, an almost crappy PC, and a meh PC segment. So if it's more expensive to buy a downgrade in CPU just throw what you got and cripple what you want. (Long known history Radeon 6950 Vs 6970 using same GPU with software disabled crap, and NV 970 crippled down 980s). 

3) They had those I/O cock-blockers overstocked and shit why not "we've got plenty stickers to mess with so... YOLO."