which head set optimized for gaming.

poggwea

Broken link is broken....

I assume just based off of the url that those might be kingston/hyperx cloud one or cloud two headphones. If so, I choose those. If not, is still choose them anyway. 

Not a whole lot of gaming headsets are better than the Cloud Two, especially for the price.

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

The title makes me cringe. 

But ya I would pick the HyperX Clouds. Their sound isn't horrid. I never used the razer ones, so I can't say much about them.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

lol get outta here

Have you tried either? Don't talk until you've tried 'em both.

Well people seem to think music performance is the only thing that matters in games. While in casual games that might be true, if you're looking for a "gaming optimized" headset, that means you would want to hear footsteps and stuff, and for those stuff audiophile headphones are horrid to use. It's much better to get a cheap Kraken Pro than a 300 dollar audiophile headphone for "gaming". While it won't sound as good for music/movies, it's much better for gaming where you want to hear small details like footsteps more clearly.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

-snip-

What? Getting a $12 pair of headphones can give you all the footsteps you can handle lol. "gaming headsets" are usually bass booooooosst with software positional sound...which you can get for free. And who's talking about audiophile headphones here? We're just talking about these two the OP is picking between. HyperX Clouds are around 100 normally. Goes on sale frequently. A great choice I feel. Feels solid, and sounds pretty good. Mic audio is good enough that you don't sound like you're talking throw a paper bag.

Mind you, audiophile headphones work great lol.

But if he likes razer, get razer.

Edit: *backs up* But I still love ya. I don't mean to come off harsh lol

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

I completely disagree with this open headphones will blow any artificial surround headphones out of the water when it comes to positional audio

This is from my experience, I have a pair of HD598, while not the greatest headphones, I'd consider them to sound pretty damn good. Now I use them most of the time, but I using a pair of Siberia v2, I get much clearer footsteps when I used to play CS:GO. I used the 598 for everything else, but if I needed positional audio, I always used the siberia v2, because it was alot easier to hear footsteps with.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

Have you blind tested both? If it wasn't a blind test then it doesn't mean anything. 

God gave me eyes, I intend to use them. Sensory deprivation is dangerous.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

God gave me eyes, I intend to use them. Sensory deprivation is dangerous.

Yet potentially exciting.

Have you blind tested both? If it wasn't a blind test then it doesn't mean anything. 

I have. Razer is by far better.

I have. Razer is by far better. You're just a fan boy for some other brand (or going with whatever Linus says)

We were banging the Cloud drum long before any videos hit the tubes.

I have. Razer is by far better.

Except Linus has actually tested both, and the Razer mic sounds like total fucking aaaaaaaaasssssss.

OP:  I used a Steelseries Siberia v2 for a while.  Wasn't terrible, but I wouldn't go back after going to actual headphones.  Clouds sounds good though.

LMAO, you sure you're not the fanboy?

Yeah. I've tried 'em both unlike you guys.

Except Linus has actually tested both, and the Razer mic sounds like total fucking aaaaaaaaasssssss.

OP:  I used a Steelseries Siberia v2 for a while.  Wasn't terrible, but I wouldn't go back after going to actual headphones.  Clouds sounds good though.

Where's the vid? I'm talking about the Kraken Pros, not the Seiren.

Yeah. I've tried 'em both unlike you guys.

Where's the vid? I'm talking about the Kraken Pros, not the Seiren.

https://soundcloud.com/ltt-mic-test  Granted these are the 7.1 being tested, but they use the same software and I think the same microphone.  You can still see how the Clouds sound, which actually sounds better than the mod mic I am using in my opinion.

https://soundcloud.com/ltt-mic-test  Granted these are the 7.1 being tested, but they use the same software and I think the same microphone.  You can still see how the Clouds sound, which actually sounds better than the mod mic I am using in my opinion.

First of all, this is a headset. Don't compare it with a normal microphone. Second, the sound quality also matters, it's not about the Mic only. 

And we've tried pretty much every headphone out there collectively. I don't understand your point. 

All of a sudden you've tried every headset, eh?