Project Tomb Raider

LaMokona

Hello everyone, I’m back with another computer build and mod. This time I will be working with a Cooler Master HAF 912. I asked several people what their favorite superhero was and one answer stuck out. Lara Croft. This build will be based around the new Tomb Raider game ( Which I actually haven’t had the time to play :( ) Choosing colors was a bit harder with this one than with other superheroes since Lara Croft doesn’t really have a color scheme. Nonetheless, I hope what I chose is good and lives up to the game (Heard that it’s amazing). I’m currently saving up for the hardware so may take a bit before it’s completely done. Won’t stop me from working on the case though.

Update #1

Update #2

Update #3

Update #4

Update #5

Update #6

Update #7

Update #8

Update #9 (Finished Build)

Extra Pics

Hardware (Subject to change):
CPU: AMD FX-8350 (Acquired)
Mobo: ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX/GEN3 R2.0 (Acquired)
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) (Acquired)
GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7870 (Acquired)
PSU: SeaSonic M12II 620 Bronze (Acquired)
SSD: SAMSUNG 840 Series 120GB (Acquired)
Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 (Acquired)

Here’s the case when it used to house the living room computer
3_zps8233e54a.jpg

I received the paracord for this build a few days ago.

Khaki
6_zps01332407.jpg

Black
5_zps9de12a6a.jpg

Also got some terminals I needed.
9_zpsfab98063.jpg

Sleeving on the 24 pin cable is complete

14_zps879de18c.jpg

The front panel of the case is also done.

10_zps91af15c6.jpg

That’s it for now. More to come soon.

Build Logs          

Little Red Build Log (HAF XB)            Project Tomb Raider (HAF 912 Mod)

Pollia Condensata Build Log (Showcase PC)            American Patriot (Red White and Blue Build)

Nice sleeving, cant wait to see more. Subbed.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Can't wait to see more. Do you have a sketch of what you it may look like once completed?

MOBO - Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0   CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.5GHz - Corsair H80i   RAM - 2x Corsair Vengence 4GB DDR3 @ 1666 MHz   

GPU - SAPPHIRE 100362-3L Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC  Sound - ASUS Xonar DSX  PSU - Thermaltake SMART M Series SP-850M 850W

Thank you all :)

Can't wait to see more. Do you have a sketch of what you it may look like once completed?

I do have sketches but tend not to post them. Like to keep the element of surprise. They're also not great, just good enough for me to follow.

Build Logs          

Pollia Condensata Build Log (Showcase PC)            American Patriot (Red White and Blue Build)

truth be told I'm not a fan of this case, but this could turn out interesting, so followed :)

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

Nice so far !

6600K  |  16GB HYPERX  |  GTX1070 FE  |  Z170X-UD3  |  AIR540

Respect the past, Embrace the future.

truth be told I'm not a fan of this case, but this could turn out interesting, so followed :)

Thanks. Hope not to dissapoint :)

Nice so far !

Thank you.

Build Logs          

Same here but that sleeving looks sweeet :D.

Same here but that sleeving looks sweeet :D.

Build Logs          

looks good so far.

Parvum Systems S1.0, 3570K, H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16GB @ 1866, EVGA GTX 680 FTW+, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, WD Velociraptor 600GB HDD, Corsair AX850

looks good so far.

Will probably have some updates later today.

Build Logs          

This is not a true Tomb Raider all around PC, you need an AMD GPU because TOMB RAIDER is part of Gaming Evolved(AMD).

Kidding, good job mate!

CPU: AMD FX-6100 Black Edition @3.9GHz GPU: XFX 7970 DD (1062/1520 MHz) MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth 990FXA(1st Revision) RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB @ 1333MHz Storage: Corsair Force 3 120GB(Boot) + WD Green 1TB(storage) PSU: FSP AURUM 600W(80+ Gold) CPU Cooler: Cryorig M9a  Case: NZXT Tempst 410 Elite(Mid-Tower) Mouse: Logitech G602(Manufacturer Refurbished) Keyboard: Noppoo Choc Mini(Cherry MX Blue) AUDIO:Sennheiser HD 598+ASUS Xonar DGX Monitor: LG M2280DF 21.5" 1080p(TN-75Hz)

This is not a true Tomb Raider all around PC, you need an AMD GPU because TOMB RAIDER is part of Gaming Evolved(AMD).

Kidding, good job mate!

Thank you.I was going to get an AMD card (might still get one) but saw that the new EVGA cards have a nice brown accent on them. Looking at the XFX cards right now, might get one and paint the red bar on the top brown.

So got the side panels done today. The right side panel isn’t completely done yet though. Also got the PCI slot covers painted. Tomorrow will be working on the top panel window.

PCI Slot Covers

12_zps3d68b699.jpg

Right side panel

7_zps4ad8a7f1.jpg

Left side panel

8_zps034e6cee.jpg

Thanks for all the comments. Will try to bring more tomorrow :)

Build Logs          

i can't wait to see the rest of this build (=

Thank you.I was going to get an AMD card (might still get one) but saw that the new EVGA cards have a nice brown accent on them. Looking at the XFX cards right now, might get one and paint the red bar on the top brown.

So got the side panels done today. The right side panel isn’t completely done yet though. Also got the PCI slot covers painted. Tomorrow will be working on the top panel window.

PCI Slot Covers

vuwy.jpg

Right side panel

16gw.jpg

Left side panel

9ksw.jpg

Thanks for all the comments. Will try to bring more tomorrow :)

Why do u have a storm enforcer panel?

Holy moly is that a Storm Enforcer side panel on the HAF 912? Does it fit perfectly?

EDIT: Okay, I know it's a Enforcer, but does it fit good?

LimeDk, on 09 Jul 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

i can't wait to see the rest of this build (=

Thank you :)

Focux, on 09 Jul 2013 - 8:56 PM, said:

Why do u have a storm enforcer panel?

I bought it from the CM Store a bit ago. Thought it looked better than the HAF 912 windowed side panel and it fits perfectly, no modding required :D

nightlitezzz, on 09 Jul 2013 - 8:57 PM, said:

Holy moly is that a Storm Enforcer side panel on the HAF 912? Does it fit perfectly?

Yep, storm enforcer side panel on the HAF 912. Fits perfectly. Can be seen in the first picture I posted.

Build Logs          

Can't belive what I'm about to say but...

Noctuas can go really good with that build.

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

Can't belive what I'm about to say but...

Noctuas can go really good with that build.

Hahaha. Thank you very much. I was wondering what fans to use. Was going to get some SP120's and paint the rings. Dind't think of Noctuas XD

Build Logs          

Yeah Noctuas sound like a good idea. Good job mate, It's nice to see someone going with a more uncommon colour scheme, looking forward to see more updates :).

I'm going to sit here. And. Watch

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Yeah Noctuas sound like a good idea. Good job mate, It's nice to see someone going with a more uncommon colour scheme, looking forward to see more updates :).

Yep, definitely getting Noctuas for this one.

I'm going to sit here. And. Watch

And enjoy hopefully :P

Amazing pictures!

Thank you :)

Build Logs          

Decided to livestream finishing off sleeving some cables. Not sure how interesting that can be but it's up at http://www.twitch.tv/lamokona :D

Build Logs