IPhone 6C leaked?

Nineshadow

So long as this isn't your only option... And you can get at LEAST 16GB... I'll think about it. 32GB would be nice.

365f3434238a312beabd96b776a5e766.png

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Makes sense. Dad is currently loving my old iPhone 4 because of its form factor. It's quite difficult to find a high end, small smart-phone now. Most of the tiny android devices are in the £30-100 price range and are really low spec. The iPhone 4 is more powerful than what he had been previously using, despite being older.

It's hard to find because there isn't a market for it. The amount of people that want a small screen is the minority. Most of the market is fine with around 5 inches.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

It's hard to find because there isn't a market for it. The amount of people that want a small screen is the minority. Most of the market is fine with around 5 inches.

Cool, do present your market research backing this up that sounds quite interesting :)

Cool, do present your market research backing this up that sounds quite interesting :)

No need for research, following the law of supply and demand, if there was a demand there would be a supply. More demand would result in more production and lower prices, while less demand results in higher prices and lower supply. Following this basic law of economics, there isn't a supply because the demand is nonexistent, or the demand is so little that companies don't care.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

No need for research, following the law of supply and demand, if there was a demand there would be a supply. More demand would result in more production and lower prices, while less demand results in higher prices and lower supply. Following this basic law of economics, there isn't a supply because the demand is nonexistent, or the demand is so little that companies don't care.

There's a clear demand for faster internet speeds but I don't see rollouts of fiber or lower prices.

There is every need for research. How can you measure demand for something of which there is no supply? Demand is how many people are buying a thing. Without the thing pre-existing there can be no demand, which is the whole point of market research.

In this thread alone there's a demand for high end, small smartphones. 4.7" is, for me, the ideal, but at the same time the absolute upper limit of a phone I'd actually want. I can totally see people wanting the whole 3.5" single handed use thing back.

There's a clear demand for faster internet speeds but I don't see rollouts of fiber or lower prices.

That's also the thing. The people who demand faster internet are loud, they voice their opinion, but they're still the minority. Most people, which are the people who actually pay the bills for internet, don't even know that they're getting shit service for high prices. Most of the market is like this, people who know what they want are always the minority.

There is every need for research. How can you measure demand for something of which there is no supply? Demand is how many people are buying a thing. Without the thing pre-existing there can be no demand, which is the whole point of market research.

In this thread alone there's a demand for high end, small smartphones. 4.7" is, for me, the ideal, but at the same time the absolute upper limit of a phone I'd actually want. I can totally see people wanting the whole 3.5" single handed use thing back.

Sales speak for themselves. Economically it would be a retarded move to produce small screen phones when large screen phones are selling in immense amounts.

Sales speak for themselves. Economically it would be a retarded move to produce small screen phones when large screen phones are selling in immense amounts.

Not really

You realise in Japan they still sell tons of feature flip phones? you know.. those phones we used before Android and iOS...

Apple sell globally, perhaps the Chinese markets love smaller, cuter, more colourful phones etc, what about younger people? kids and teens that have iphones etc that want a smaller more fun looking product

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

How do you measure sales of a product that doesn't exist? Of course large screen phones are selling in immense amounts: if you want a high end smart phone you literally don't have an alternative.

Seriously read up about market research because the entire concept seems to have utterly flummoxed you.

How do you measure sales of a product that doesn't exist? Of course large screen phones are selling in immense amounts: if you want a high end smart phone you literally don't have an alternative.

Well there you go. They don't have any initiative to make smaller screen phones, they'll keep producing large screen phones as long as they're selling. Market doesn't exist, so they won't produce anything for a market that doesn't exist. What's so hard to understand.

Not really

You realise in Japan they still sell tons of feature flip phones? you know.. those phones we used before Android and iOS...

Apple sell globally, perhaps the Chinese markets love smaller, cuter, more colourful phones etc, what about younger people? kids and teens that have iphones etc that want a smaller more fun looking product

Japan's population is pretty tech illterate. Asians in general love cute colorful phones. I'm not sure what the chinese likes, but I'm half japanese, half korean, so I have relatives from both countries. My female korean relatives all like the note series, they want giant colorful phones that they can decorate. While on the japanese side they don't seem to care. Most of them just have iPhone. And people still buy feature flip phones because cellphone bill prices are ridiculous. I don't have any info on other carriers, but docomo still uses pay by minute rates. You pay like 35 dollars a month for 25 minutes of phone call, and you pay by the minute after that.

Well there you go. They don't have any initiative to make smaller screen phones, they'll keep producing large screen phones as long as they're selling. Market doesn't exist, so they won't produce anything for a market that doesn't exist. What's so hard to understand.

DVDs didn't have much of a market in 1995 because they didn't exist. Yet by your logic VHS was selling just fine so why bother changing!? You have no idea what market research is, or what its purpose is and are perfectly happy to conflate a lack of products satisfying a need with evidence for a lack of a need. That's not how this works. People are buying iPhone 4s and 4Ss, to satisfy this but they just aren't the high end devices that they used to be.

I'm not going to try and educate you about the extreme basics of markets any more, go and read a damned book and stop assuming that you know anything.

I see plenty of 5C's in Ireland. Not just because it's cheap, but because it's coloured and doesn't really need an extra case.

Makes a nice upgrade for folks that were still holding on to phones older than the 4S.

I wouldn't be surprised by a 6C at all.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

I only remember the 5C exists because one of my friends and my mom have one. Other than that it's just some wannabe budget phone.

DVDs didn't have much of a market in 1995 because they didn't exist. Yet by your logic VHS was selling just fine so why bother changing!? You have no idea what market research is, or what its purpose is and are perfectly happy to conflate a lack of products satisfying a need with evidence for a lack of a need. That's not how this works. People are buying iPhone 4s and 4Ss, to satisfy this but they just aren't the high end devices that they used to be.

I'm not going to try and educate you about the extreme basics of markets any more, go and read a damned book and stop assuming that you know anything.

VHS to DVD happened for market progression. It sounds like you think companies went from 3 inch phones to 6 inch phones in 1 move. They progressively went from smaller phones to bigger phones, bigger phones sold better so they stopped making smaller phones and created bigger phones, that cycled repeated until where we are today. You don't think there was high end 3.x and 4.x inch phones? They took risks with 4.x phones, they sold better than 3.x phones, so they got rid of 3.x and moved on with different size 4.x phones, and they sold better. The market slowly moved because bigger phones sold better until the present day. You seem to think that your POV is the only POV that exists. Just because you see one way doesn't mean the rest of the consumers see the same way.

IMO @creativename seems to have a more valid point than you do. Not that you're completely wrong but what he says is pretty logical.

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

VHS to DVD happened for market progression. It sounds like you think companies went from 3 inch phones to 6 inch phones in 1 move. They progressively went from smaller phones to bigger phones, bigger phones sold better so they stopped making smaller phones and created bigger phones, that cycled repeated until where we are today. You don't think there was high end 3.x and 4.x inch phones? They took risks with 4.x phones, they sold better than 3.x phones, so they got rid of 3.x and moved on with different size 4.x phones, and they sold better. The market slowly moved because bigger phones sold better until the present day. You seem to think that your POV is the only POV that exists. Just because you see one way doesn't mean the rest of the consumers see the same way.

My POV is that people still want to buy small high end smart phones but there are no options for them so settle for big smartphones. You are saying that since as of right now big smartphones sell better than small high end smartphones, therefore no one wants small ones, ignoring the fact that there isn't any metric against which to measure this assertion.

What you're saying happened actually didn't. Apple, the only company making small flagships in the 4S era, moved to big flagships in a single generation. The other manufacturers were making more and more phablets, while Apple was doing pretty damned well under Steve Jobs. If anything, their move onto bigger devices hasn't done them that well at all, along with a lot of their post-Jobs decisions.

Let's face it, the OP showing Apple returning to this class of product just blows your argument out of the water anyway. The more choice consumers have, the better.

IMO @creativename seems to have a more valid point than you do. Not that you're completely wrong but what he says is pretty logical.

I dunno, if his position was logical he would have provided some evidence to back it up following my first post addressing him which asked for some, instead of just responding that he doesn't need evidence. You need market research if you're going to make these kinds of claims when the market doesn't offer the diversity of products to adequately test the popularity of different products being discussed. You can't just say "lol I don't need it, so no one does" which is all creativeneame is doing in a topic where at least some of the people have expressed a desire for that class of products to return.