IPhone 6C leaked?

Nineshadow

A lot of people prefer smaller smartphones and some iPhone users in particular, have found the move from the iPhone 5 to the iPhone 6 quite tricky. Not everyone is a fan of larger smartphones but it seems there’s even more evidence that Apple AAPL +2.53% is indeed planning a smaller iPhone 6 – dubbed the 6C. Leaked photos appear to show an iPhone 5C-like chassis with a plastic housing and curved edges, but also one that’s distinctly smaller than the iPhone 6 – Apple’s smallest model in the latest range and the smaller sibling of the 6 Plus.

This gives further weight to a possible trio of iPhones at the next Apple launch – a first for the company, with the launch likely to include a so-called 6S and 6S Plus. The latter models are likely to include faster hardware and possibly more features in a similar upgrade to what we’ve seen in the past – for example the move from the iPhone 5 to 5S.

iphone6c-1.jpg

The leaked images, posted online by Futuresupplier, clearly show a smaller chassis with plenty of details and crucially a smaller size too.  The rumored iPhone 6C appears to be noticeably thicker than the iPhone 6, although it has a similar layout in terms of Lightning port and microphone hole locations. The color could well turn out to be accurate as well, given the vivid tones available with the iPhone 5C.

iphone-6c-2.jpg

The iPhone 6C has been widely rumored to exist and has been a popular talking point amongst Apple fans that miss the compact design of the iPhone 5 and iPhone 4, which lend themselves well to one-handed use. This is something that can’t be said of most current high-end smartphones. Even the iPhone 6′s Reachability feature, which allows an app or Homescreen to momentarily move to the bottom half of the screen for easier one-handed use, doesn’t quite mimic the ease with which older iPhone models worked with one handed use.

The iPhone 6C could mean Apple has learned its lesson from poor iiPhone 5C sales, which were largely due to the fact that it wasn’t as cheap as expected. Coupled with a clear demand for a smaller iPhone, the iPhone 6C could tempt people away from their aging iPhone 4′s and iPhone 5′s, especially if they’re not keen on lugging around an iPhone 6.

SOURCE

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

IPhone 6c? Jeez Apple.

Look at how hard the 5c failed. I haven't heard ANYTHING at all about it for a very long time. It literally disappeared. 

Also, it looks pretty much like the 5C. 

What's the point???

I guess Apple has enough profit to try anything right now so...wait a second, people will actually buy this thing for like half a year.Enough to make a profit considering the design changes are made of a different camera , different flash, a symmetric design on the bottom of the device for the speaker holes and probably upgraded internal specs.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Wait does this have a non hightened lens for the camera? Cuz if so it would be beter than the normal 6.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

IPhone 6c? Jeez Apple.

Look at how hard the 5c failed. I haven't heard ANYTHING at all about it for a very long time. It literally disappeared. 

it did not

people bought it because it is cheap. and people bought the normal iphones, because they are better than 6C. it is one of their marketing plot, they create a device that is still good but missing a feature, so the normal device looks better

it did not

people bought it because it is cheap. and people bought the normal iphones, because they are better than 6C. it is one of their marketing plot, they create a device that is still good but missing a feature, so the normal device looks better

It is cheap?

It's more expensive off-contract here than my LG G3 by like $200 .

Even on contract it's more expensive.

Where's the cheap in that?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Did the 5c fail? I don't think so. So many people have them

I know 1 person who had a 5c and sold it after half an year for the IPhone 6.

Maybe it was more popular in the US, but overall, in the entire world, it did kinda fail.

Also, it looks pretty much like the 5C. 

What's the point???

I guess Apple has enough profit to try anything right now so...

The 5c was a flop? Lol no m9, It's quite popular at my HS.

^^ Ah didn't see your rebuttal.

Either-way the reason why the 5c could be considered a global flop is that is essentially became two generations behind shortly after it was released. If the 6c has the form factor of the 6 then the 6c might have a better chance.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Makes sense. Dad is currently loving my old iPhone 4 because of its form factor. It's quite difficult to find a high end, small smart-phone now. Most of the tiny android devices are in the £30-100 price range and are really low spec. The iPhone 4 is more powerful than what he had been previously using, despite being older.

It is cheap?

It's more expensive off-contract here than my LG G3 by like $200 .

Even on contract it's more expensive.

Where's the cheap in that?

compared to Iphone 5S, sorry forgot to mention

It is not cheap by itself, thats true

It failed on a larger scale, really.  Yes, rich white 15 year olds still bought them like, well candy.

But their goal for mass market adoption in lower GDP countries did not occur; it was still too expensive.

Oh my god please be real, i would cry if this happened to be true.

I want this so much you have no idea, i really hate the bigger iPhones and with this i could have both a modern iPhone and one that is comfortable to me.

Please Tim Cook made me love you.

Most young people, and parents who don't really want a smartphone, just need one, have them. So yeah, I'd say they didn't fail :D

5C didn't fail, I work for a mobile carrier, we couldn't get enough of the damn things to sell, they were that popular.

Green With Envy

A build based on a children's cartoon

It didn't fail, in my highschool you can find quite a few of them, and they're all blue

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!

Didn't realize the 5c was a failure. It was deemed wildly popular only dwarfed by the powerhouse of the main iPhone sales.

I was under the impression that the 5c didn't do so well sales wise. Maybe some is trying again With a cheaper phone. I still don't think it fits their customers demographic though.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

I don't see any 5C where I live... but I live in a cave anyways, so that might explain it.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Makes sense. Dad is currently loving my old iPhone 4 because of its form factor. It's quite difficult to find a high end, small smart-phone now. Most of the tiny android devices are in the £30-100 price range and are really low spec. The iPhone 4 is more powerful than what he had been previously using, despite being older.

Damn it, I miss my iPhone 4. 

The size and the aesthetic of the iPhone 4/4S was 8/8 imo. 

I'm really unhappy with the current smart phone market in that there is an utter lack of small, high end phones.

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

Damn it, I miss my iPhone 4. 

The size and the aesthetic of the iPhone 4/4S was 8/8 imo. 

I'm really unhappy with the current smart phone market in that there is an utter lack of small, high end phones.

It's nice, and its design still looks fantastic now, but I needed to upscale. The screen just wasn't big enough for the information I was viewing on it and I was getting irritated with constantly scrolling, but I totally see the need for there to be equivalent devices now. Not everyone wants something that's 4" big.

I think the "C" class (i.e. iPhone X "C") of iPhones are experiments. 

The 5C was an experiment to see if people wanted iPhones in different colors, despite being a less professional-looking phone. This is perhaps why the 5C wasnt much cheaper than the original 5 or the 5S. 

The 6C will be an experiment to see if people are willing to buy smaller iPhones when larger ones are available. They will probably make this one not much cheaper than the 6/6+ so that people who truly want the smaller size despite larger ones being available for not much more will come out and the statistics will be revealed. 

If the 6C doesnt sell well, we can say goodbye to smaller phones. If it does however, we can expect them to continually be around with us. 

This is why I think the "C" class of iPhones (i.e. iPhone X "C") are social-experiments of sorts.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

The 5C failed? Seems like it sold pretty well. 

They seem to have a LOT of leftovers.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

Honestly I wouldn't mind if they resold the iPhone 4 with LTE capabilities. I would buy that in a heartbeat. iPhone 4G.

The 5c never made any sense for the consumer anyways.  It was the same price on contract as the iphone 5, had the same specs, but was built out of plastic and only came with 8gb of storage.  It made sense for apple because they were cheaper to manufacture.  The 6c won't make any sense either for the same reasons.