Apple will let you skip lines if you buy the 10,000$ Apple Watch Edition

Lord Sparklebottom

So in preparation of their Apple Watch launch on April 24, there has come info about what will happen if you by the  10,000$ Apple Watch Edition (edition). When you give Apple all your money, they now treat you like a elegant human being. And that starts with the line. They will let you cut the line and receive private consultations for up to one hour with a Apple Watch expert

ODli8sF.jpg

And after you have made your purchase you will also be granted 2 year 24/7 tech-support, which really should be included with all the Apple Watches. And when you're spending 10,000$ on a watch, you should get lifetime tech-support. It wouldn't be very hard for Apple to do so.

The employees are also being told that the "journey" for buying an Edition "is intended to be extremely personal, elegant, and purposeful."

When you pay that much, it's great that Apple creates the top-notch experience, but the tech-support thing is what really irritates me.

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2015/3/30/8311709/apple-watch-edition-stores-luxury-treatment

Yeah, right guys? Guys?

wtf is apple smoking?

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

This is how all the watches work...

You reserve, get to try on what you want, then make up your mind if you want it knowing you have one reserved for you. The Apple Watch Edition just gets another half hour of time. I can go make an appointment for the Edition right now. Its not some "big deal". They just want to give people proper time to actually try on the watches and actually decide in an environment more akin to a jewelry store than a electronics store. 

I got to skip the line with my phone purchase too. Reserve, show up, get taken in and walk out in 5 minutes without having to wait. 

I'm excited for this thread to turn into a "DAE LOL APPLE IS SHITE" crapfest however. 

Also @, read the CoC:

Posting Guidelines:

When creating a thread in the News subforum, please make sure your post meets the following criteria:

• Your thread must include some original input to tell the reader why it is relevant to them, and what your personal opinion on the topic is.
  • Your thread must include a link to at least one reputable source. Most of the time, this should be a respected news site.
  • Your thread should also include quotes from the cited source(s). While you shouldn't just copy the entire article, your quote should give the reader a summary of the article in a way that gives the key details, but also leaves room for them to read the full article on the linked website. Please use quote tags (the speech bubble at the top of the editor, under the   :)) to show that you have copied this content from another site.
  • The title of your thread must be relevant to the topic and should give a reader a good idea of the contents of the thread. Copying the title of the source is permitted but absolutely not required.
  • If your article is about a product or some form of media, images are always appreciated, although they are not required.

Failure to comply may result in your thread being locked or removed without warning.

people are so dumb... that apple still exists  :D

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

Shouldn't this be expected, you're giving $10,000 to them ffs, they should go out of their way to make it feel "worth it" :/

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

How is that insane? There is nothing stopping you from buying it online and having it shipped right to you. 

Apple wants people to actually buy the watch that makes sense for them and actually try them on, hence the appointments. Whats wrong with that? They want it to be a more orderly experience so people aren't knee-jerk purchasing their watches and then regretting it later because they don't actually like the casing or band. 

Fuck, this site will bitch about anything involving Apple 

u think thats insane ?

http://www.engadget.com/2015/03/30/apple-watch-reservation/

hahaha

seriously after jobs death almost any news coming out of apple feels like a joke

still they must be smoking something 

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

You reserve, get to try on what you want, then make up your mind if you want it knowing you have one reserved for you. The Apple Watch Edition just gets another half hour of time. I can go make an appointment for the Edition right now. Its not some "big deal". They just want to give people proper time to actually try on the watches and actually decide in an environment more akin to a jewelry store than a electronics store. 

I got to skip the line with my phone purchase too. Reserve, show up, get taken in and walk out in 5 minutes without having to wait. 

I'm excited for this thread to turn into a "DAE LOL APPLE IS SHITE" crapfest however. 

I see nothing wrong with this. Its like buying a first class plane ticket vs economy

These two have it right.

Think about it, don't you pay more for a premium experience and premium materials? A lot of people go to chain steakhouses, where a steak meal is $26.95. Meanwhile, if you go to a premier steakhouse, you're paying $60+ for a steak alone. They're both made out of cow meat, but one is better quality cow meat and has been prepared with more finesse/care than the other cow meat.

DAE LOL APPLE IS SHIT, FUCK THAT M8

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

"When you give Apple all your money, they now treat you like a elegant human being. "

And if you don't give ALL your money, you are 3rd class citizen.  We don't have enough lifeboats so there's no room for you.....

That is very true. My only complaint is that they only give you 2 years of tech support. I'd really like to see that be at least 5 years (although it is highly unlikely that it still works properly by that time). And for a watch with this price point I'd also like them see a very long software update lifetime. But then agian, people who buy this probably have a lot of money anyways so won't be bothered by buying a new one next year....

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

These two have it right.

Think about it, don't you pay more for a premium experience and premium materials? A lot of people go to chain steakhouses, where a steak meal is $26.95. Meanwhile, if you go to a premier steakhouse, you're paying $60+ for a steak alone. They're both made out of cow meat, but one is better quality cow meat and has been prepared with more finesse/care than the other cow meat.

DAE LOL APPLE IS SHIT, FUCK THAT M8

You're assuming that the 16 year olds on this site have ever experienced the finer side of life. Its all shit talking from 99% of this place. I don't enjoy spending that much per meal, but I have. Because you pay for a little more than just the meat on your plate. But someone in this thread is probably gonna cry about the "price to performance" ratio of steak...

People don't bother to understand why Apple is handling the watches like they are, they are just shitposting. Why do jewelry stores let you try on 20k watches without caring? Since they know a watch is a personal purchase. You need to see if you like it and like wearing it. Apple wants the same experience. Not just buying off a shelf like every other Smartwatch on the market. But you actually LIKING what you're about to buy. 

Screw Apple for trying to improve the purchasing experience. 

You're assuming that the 16 year olds on this site have ever experienced the finer side of life. Its all shit talking from 99% of this place. 

People don't bother to understand why Apple is handling the watches like they are, they are just shitposting. Why do jewelry stores let you try on 20k watches without caring? Since they know a watch is a personal purchase. You need to see if you like it and like wearing it. Apple wants the same experience. Not just buying off a shelf like every other Smartwatch on the market. But you actually LIKING what you're about to buy. 

Fuck Apple for trying to improve the purchasing experience. 

The finer side of purchasing. Ever gotten a suit tailored for you? That's an experience I'll tell ya.

Well it is like flying with Etihad or Fly Emirates. Treated like a king if you pay top dollar. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

The finer side of purchasing. Ever gotten a suit tailored for you? That's an experience I'll tell ya.

If your closet isn't filled with tailored suits, are you really a man? 

Deep questions, brought to you by VS. 

But really, I won't get a suit that isn't tailored. Can always find great prices on suits that are tailored, doesn't exactly need to be a "break the bank" purchase. 

Well if nothing else, you wouldn't want them to have that additional time to spend considering the purchase. Or run the risk of them hearing others talk about it.
Though this sort of velvet rope treatment should be happening with a lot of other premium products IMO.

But really, I won't get a suit that isn't tailored. Can always find great prices on suits that are tailored, doesn't exactly need to be a "break the bank" purchase. 

Plus a good quality suit that fits you will last a long longer than one that's lower quality and even un-tailored.

Plus a good quality suit that fits you will last a long longer than one that's lower quality and even un-tailored.

Yup. I'll go get a decent suit every 6 or so months. Old ones get relegated to "daily" status. I mean, once your closet is up to 5 full suits, you're pretty well set for most scenarios and all you need is a metric ton of shirts. 

A well tailored suit (that isn't styled with whatever is "hot" at the time) will last you years. 

Yeah If I'm getting a tailored suit, I'm getting a pocket watch to go with it. Not a wrist watch.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Barney Stinson would be proud

Yeah, right guys? Guys?