LGBT community

carguy86
4 minutes ago, Daring said:

oh ok

Really it's alright.  Don't worry about it.  ?

Besides, if I couldn't safely be open about it here where could I be?  ?

1 minute ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Really it's alright.  Don't worry about it.  ?

I have no shame either. Any remaining bit of shame I had died after I became a furry.

1 minute ago, Kumaresh said:

I always had worries in the back of my mind because I thought that being a furry precedes beastiality o.O

lol

I'm not getting that far into this shit >.>

2 minutes ago, Daring said:

I have no shame either. Any remaining bit of shame I had died after I became a furry.

Shame is 1000% overrated.    No one should be ashamed to be who they are.

4 minutes ago, Kumaresh said:

I always had worries in the back of my mind because I thought that being a furry precedes beastiality o.O

No that's a whole different type of furry....

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

I decided to enter all my electrical bills into my budget spread sheet to make averages of my power bills to have more accurate information for my monthly budget.  ...Then my mathematician ex, she who does math for cancer research, takes over my Google Sheet and turned it absolutely Mathmagical... accounting for potential inflation in future years and what inflation actually was over previous years...

Power.png

4 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

I decided to enter all my electrical bills into my budget spread sheet to make averages of my power bills to have more accurate information for my monthly budget.  ...Then my mathematician ex, she who does math for cancer research, takes over my Google Sheet and turned it absolutely Mathmagical... accounting for potential inflation in future years and what inflation actually was over previous years...

Power.png

That's nice of her.  ?

That you two still talk/are in touch/however you want to call it is nice too.  

What were you doing in September 2016 that jacked up your bill so much?  ? 

It's so much higher than most months.   

1 minute ago, Bleedingyamato said:

What were you doing in September 2016 that jacked up your bill so much?  ? 

It's so much higher than most months.   

Two air conditioners.  Keep in mind any bill is for the consumption of the previous month.  So the Sept bill is for most of what was consumed in August.  In this case, I got a cat in the spring and she doesn't like closed bedroom doors.  Once summer rolled around, with the bedroom door open 6 inches so that she didn't try to claw THROUGH it.  But a 6 inch x 7 foot opening (More if you account for the top of the door) is a big leak and my bedroom air conditioner at 5000 BTU couldn't keep up with all that air escaping into the warmer living room at night.  So I had to run the 10 000 BTU air conditioner in the living room and basically cool the entire apartment so I could sleep comfortably in one room.

...This is obviously painfully inefficient and come spring I'll be doing this to my bedroom door:

71tkbGFegpL._SL1500_.jpg

This'll also allow the living room air conditioner to cool JUST the living room/kitchen area while the bedroom door can be closed and not cooled but the cat can still roam the entire apartment.

...I have co-workers who think I have a crazy amount of money when I don't make much more than even newbies.  What I do is a budget and spend carefully so that I can spend on 'nice things' as well.

13 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Two air conditioners.  Keep in mind any bill is for the consumption of the previous month.  So the Sept bill is for most of what was consumed in August.  In this case, I got a cat in the spring and she doesn't like closed bedroom doors.  Once summer rolled around, with the bedroom door open 6 inches so that she didn't try to claw THROUGH it.  But a 6 inch x 7 foot opening (More if you account for the top of the door) is a big leak and my bedroom air conditioner at 5000 BTU couldn't keep up with all that air escaping into the warmer living room at night.  So I had to run the 10 000 BTU air conditioner in the living room and basically cool the entire apartment so I could sleep comfortably in one room.

...This is obviously painfully inefficient and come spring I'll be doing this to my bedroom door:

This'll also allow the living room air conditioner to cool JUST the living room/kitchen area while the bedroom door can be closed and not cooled but the cat can still roam the entire apartment.

...I have co-workers who think I have a crazy amount of money when I don't make much more than even newbies.  What I do is a budget and spend carefully so that I can spend on 'nice things' as well.

Ohhh.  Oops.  I forgot about that bill for the month before thing.  

That's a pretty cool idea and so much nicer looking than something like a cat flap/door thing.  (Those ugly looking things with the plastic flap thing.)

I forget if I've ever seen you mention how much you make but I thought you do decently well for yourself.  

What things do you do for budgeting to save money?

I'm curious because it might be helpful to know what you're doing to save money so when I'm on my own at some point maybe I'll be better at managing my money so I can afford nice things too.  

19 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I forget if I've ever seen you mention how much you make but I thought you do decently well for yourself.  

What things do you do for budgeting to save money?

I'm curious because it might be helpful to know what you're doing to save money so when I'm on my own at some point maybe I'll be better at managing my money so I can afford nice things too.  

For 2016 it was a little over 57K but that included a lot of overtime.  I once worked 15 days of 12+hrs a day straight for Fantastic Beasts.

For one, I got a lot of grants while in college, which I am very greatful for and have no qualms about paying my taxes, so three years of college in Ontario, Canada only actually gave me about $17k in debt which is already below $8K now.  So that was just fortune.

I have a spread sheet that assumes 4x44hr work weeks every month and just let me know how much I really spend per month.  As a bonus, the two months a year with three paycheques are not budgeted for and are 'extra money' and the same goes for any OT.  That 'extra money' gets more spend on adding to savings, buying 'nice things', or paying student debt.  So when I do treat myself, it's often not part of the budget.

I minimize monthly costs.  $40 CAD + Tax for cell service.  I own the phone, no contract.  No television service, only internet.  Bought my own cable modem, no monthly modem/cable box rental fees. (Read about my media server here! :Dhttps://linustechtips.com/main/topic/658205-completed-335-tb-flexraid-media-server/ )

In addition to my normal freezer, I have an additional 3.5 cubic foot freezer, when good frozen/freezable stuff is on sale, I'll get a lot of it cheap and thus save on groceries in the long run by bulk buying when it's on sale.

My transit system has a 'Discount Plan' where if you allow them to take payment for my transit pass straight from my bank account, and they discount the price by 10% and as a bonus, mail me the transit pass two weeks BEFORE the month where I'll need it.

But the biggest thing is that I use a budgeting app.  I have 'fixed budgets' for Groceries, Entertainment (Anything non-critical like new clothes, eating out, snacks, video games, computer stuff.  I admit it's a broad catagory while being called 'Entertainment'.), and cleaning/hygiene/medical. (Anything from soap to laundry to prescriptions) and these get tracked with the app so I can see how over or under in the given budget I am per month.  That's the real thing, knowing how much money you are spending.  It's easy to 'mentally track things' and find up totally going over.  Or to spend a lot the start of the month and then be broke later.  This lets me see where I stand and encourage me to 'take my foot off the gas' and wait till a budget catches up before making another larger expenditure.

So in short, know how much you make, know how much you spend, and don't go 'WOW AN IPHONE FOR ONLY $199 IF I JUST SIGN A STUPIDLY EXPENSIVE THREE YEAR CONTRACT!' because that's stupid.

47 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

For 2016 it was a little over 57K but that included a lot of overtime.  I once worked 15 days of 12+hrs a day straight for Fantastic Beasts.

For one, I got a lot of grants while in college, which I am very greatful for and have no qualms about paying my taxes, so three years of college in Ontario, Canada only actually gave me about $17k in debt which is already below $8K now.  So that was just fortune.

I have a spread sheet that assumes 4x44hr work weeks every month and just let me know how much I really spend per month.  As a bonus, the two months a year with three paycheques are not budgeted for and are 'extra money' and the same goes for any OT.  That 'extra money' gets more spend on adding to savings, buying 'nice things', or paying student debt.  So when I do treat myself, it's often not part of the budget.

I minimize monthly costs.  $40 CAD + Tax for cell service.  I own the phone, no contract.  No television service, only internet.  Bought my own cable modem, no monthly modem/cable box rental fees. (Read about my media server here! :Dhttps://linustechtips.com/main/topic/658205-completed-335-tb-flexraid-media-server/ )

In addition to my normal freezer, I have an additional 3.5 cubic foot freezer, when good frozen/freezable stuff is on sale, I'll get a lot of it cheap and thus save on groceries in the long run by bulk buying when it's on sale.

My transit system has a 'Discount Plan' where if you allow them to take payment for my transit pass straight from my bank account, and they discount the price by 10% and as a bonus, mail me the transit pass two weeks BEFORE the month where I'll need it.

But the biggest thing is that I use a budgeting app.  I have 'fixed budgets' for Groceries, Entertainment (Anything non-critical like new clothes, eating out, snacks, video games, computer stuff.  I admit it's a broad catagory while being called 'Entertainment'.), and cleaning/hygiene/medical. (Anything from soap to laundry to prescriptions) and these get tracked with the app so I can see how over or under in the given budget I am per month.  That's the real thing, knowing how much money you are spending.  It's easy to 'mentally track things' and find up totally going over.  Or to spend a lot the start of the month and then be broke later.  This lets me see where I stand and encourage me to 'take my foot off the gas' and wait till a budget catches up before making another larger expenditure.

So in short, know how much you make, know how much you spend, and don't go 'WOW AN IPHONE FOR ONLY $199 IF I JUST SIGN A STUPIDLY EXPENSIVE THREE YEAR CONTRACT!' because that's stupid.

What did you do with Fantastic Beasts?   You mean you work for where they filmed some (or all) of it?

Can you explain about the 2 months with 3 checks?  I'm not sure I understand.  

Idk if I could go without tv service.  I binge on Netflix/movies on disc but there are a few shows like Supernatural that I'd still want access to new episodes either as they air or soon after.  

That extra freezer is a good idea.  Being able to take advantage of sales is great.  

Is the freezer energy efficient enough to make running it cost effective?

So you pay full price for a phone and I assume keep it until it breaks or gets old enough to make it worth getting a new phone?

I'm on a contract with Verizon for $60/month. (about $68 including taxes/added fees)  It's actually cheaper than a comparable no contract plan from them since even though there is a no contract plan cheaper than $60 those don't have the line access charge built into them like my $60 plan does.    I got my 64GB iPhone SE for free when I renewed my contract.

I figured it was a better deal to renew and get a free better phone than switching to another plan that would cost more per month.

I think there might be a cheaper Verizon pay as you go option but I'd have to look into that as an alternative instead of contract renewal next time at this point.  That would mean I'd be paying full price for a phone too so I'd have to 1. Be able to cover the large cost all at once and 2. See how the pay as you go monthly rate + cost of phone would compare to paying more per month on my phone plan but saving a lot on a phone.  

When I first signed up 2 years ago I'd gotten a 32GB 5s and only paid $150 for it I think.  This time I got a 64GB SE for free.  Both times I saved a ton by not getting the "latest and greatest" iPhone.  The SE was likely free since it seems to occupy the same spot that the 5c used to as apple's super budget iPhone.  Which it really isn't since while it has the shell of a 5s the camera is improved and the hardware is what's in a 6s.  

Btw, what's the budget app you use?

27 minutes ago, Kumaresh said:

Damm, it's painful just listening to others say they actually have to budget and think about what they wanna buy. I guess I am really entitled xD I can get almost whatever I want whenever I want without having to worry about finances, hope I get a nice job with that kind of income too so I can keep up this lifestyle...... Having enough slush money lying around to buy houses or mercs for fun is a really great feeling , so is Eating at 5 star hotels regularly and high volume takeaways at fast food joints and ice cream joints ( at least 3 times what other people in this city can normally afford to order, and at decently regular intervals ), having the Air conditioning on every single day of the year for at least 10 hours, spending 5000$ for fun,  I really love my life :D

Wtf?    Are you related to bill gates of how the heck would you have so much money?

3 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

What did you do with Fantastic Beasts?   You mean you work for where they filmed some (or all) of it?

Can you explain about the 2 months with 3 checks?  I'm not sure I understand.  

That extra freezer is a good idea.  Being able to take advantage of sales is great.  

Is the freezer energy efficient enough to make running it cost effective?

Btw, what's the budget app you use?

I (and many other people) put Fantastic Beasts into 3D/Stereo.  I work in stereo conversion.

You get paid every two weeks at he typical work place, there are 52 weeks or 26 paydays in a year, that means for 10 out of 12 months you get two pay paydays within the month but twice a year there's three paydays in the month.  If the budget assumes that there's only every 2 paydays in a month then twice a year there's a payday that isn't unbudgeted for.  A 'bonus' assuming if your budget works with only 2 paydays a month.

Yes, refrigeration is plenty energy efficient.  If it wasn't energy efficient to refrigerate or freeze goods, we as a society wouldn't use such appliances because it'd be easier to just always buy fresh. :P

I use MoneyWise, which is all manual entry, but I enjoy the the control.  But that's just for some of the specific budgets.  Everything else is just Google Sheets.

3 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Wtf?    Are you related to bill gates of how the heck would you have so much money?

He's trying to gloat and make others think he's superior to them.  To be honest, I'm feeling the inverse effect.  What he's effectively doing is bragging about spending money inefficiently which thinks is something to brag about.  I'd spend my money, no matter how much I had, as efficiently as possible, because it would maximize how much could be purchased.  To spend financial resources inefficiently and to brag about it, to me, is just stupid.  Inefficiency is never something to be proud of.

5 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

He's trying to gloat and make others think he's superior to them.  To be honest, I'm feeling the inverse effect.  What he's effectively doing is bragging about spending money inefficiently which thinks is something to brag about.  I'd spend my money, no matter how much I had, as efficiently as possible, because it would maximize how much could be purchased.  To spend financial resources inefficiently and to brag about it, to me, is just stupid.  Inefficiency is never something to be proud of.

Who's to say he's telling the truth either? Not saying i don't believe him, but this is the internet after all.

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

10 hours ago, Kumaresh said:

Justin Trudeau looks really good, but it's an empty skull behind that pretty face :* Canada needs a Trump too.......

xD no we don't.... although we just might get one...

http://www.torontosun.com/2017/01/18/kevin-oleary-to-run-for-conservative-leadership

6 hours ago, Niemand said:

So why 23-25, and not 18?

It's still strange that a 16 yr can be trusted with a vehicle but not with a rental.

There's a lot of things that are strange to do with age... one particular example that comes to mind is the US limit for being an adult, voting for the leader of the country, joining the army, etc. being 18, while the limit for drinking alcohol is 21 xD 

3 hours ago, Kumaresh said:

I was reading the news just now..... The POTUS needs to get a frickin Twitter secretary xD Twiddling his fat thumbs around on an iPhone ain't gonna cut it anymore..... Or he really needs grammar lessons ( he needs them anyways lol ).

Yeah he needs a lot of things... can't wait till he tweets out some national secret at 3 AM and gets tried for treason xD 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

45 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

I (and many other people) put Fantastic Beasts into 3D/Stereo.  I work in stereo conversion.

You get paid every two weeks at he typical work place, there are 52 weeks or 26 paydays in a year, that means for 10 out of 12 months you get two pay paydays within the month but twice a year there's three paydays in the month.  If the budget assumes that there's only every 2 paydays in a month then twice a year there's a payday that isn't unbudgeted for.  A 'bonus' assuming if your budget works with only 2 paydays a month.

Yes, refrigeration is plenty energy efficient.  If it wasn't energy efficient to refrigerate or freeze goods, we as a society wouldn't use such appliances because it'd be easier to just always buy fresh. :P

I use MoneyWise, which is all manual entry, but I enjoy the the control.  But that's just for some of the specific budgets.  Everything else is just Google Sheets.

Was that for when it was being filmed or for a home video release?

Ohhh.  I've never had a real job so I forgot about the every 2 weeks paycheck thing.  

Though I did just submit an application for a reference associate job at a local library.  Idk what my chances are with only a few weeks working at the Wisconsin state fair back in 2004 to put as work history but I wanted to at least try.  I am one semester short of being finished with my MLIS degree which was stated on the job listing as being preferred so hopefully that will help me.  

Unfortunately while I am considering taking a reference services class this spring and I just got this book to try to study for and get the A+ certification I have not actually taken the class or gotten the certification so I wasn't able to put those on the application. 

It was interesting that on the application it asked what types of books I like to read and what the most recent book I've read was.  I mostly read science fiction and fantasy when I read so I put that along with the last book I read which was Felicia Day's autobiography You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost).  It's a good book if you haven't read it.  

It would be a good first real adult job if I did get it.  It's 20 hours a week at $18 USD per hour.  Also the job listing said it was for daytime hours so hopefully that would mean no getting up too early or working to late into the day.  

42 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Same here.  Someone having money is ok.  So is telling others if you choose like you did telling about much you make in a year.   However, bragging about wasting money is not nice or smart. 

11 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Was that for when it was being filmed or for a home video release?

Stereo conversion is done during post production, post-production is the stage after filmming where editing, audio, music, visual effects and other things are done prior to release. 

4 minutes ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

Wait where do you work?

Why is the exact name of my employer matter?

1 minute ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

No like what do you do?

Like I already said, I work in stereo conversion.  I'm primarily trained for visual effects but got in at a stereo conversion a couple of  years ago, which is a similar field and using the same or similar software.

2 minutes ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

I don't hate the guy (much), but I hate that his campaign of pure anti-intellectualism appealed to so many people.

Anti-intellectualism?

Trump's campaign, at least from what I saw, was built on the appeal of that Obama didn't do a great job so he has a plan to Make America Great Again. While my personal feelings towards Obama's administration are my personal feelings towards it, that's what I felt Trump built his campaign on. That and he was anti-mainstream media.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

That and he was anti-mainstream media.

...I'm pretty sure that reality TV stars aren't 'anti-mainstream media'...