LGBT community

carguy86
6 hours ago, Daring said:

The pain blocker they gave me pre-operation wore off at 3AM.

I've had a fair bit of "minor" surgery over the past year (thanks, genetics...) and pretty much as soon as they said "go", I'd just chug painkillers. Doesn't help I have a fairly low pain threshold, but local anesthetic is not fun when they keep jabbing you. Oh well, hopefully last time was truly the last time.

7 hours ago, wcreek said:

Off topic: I've got a job interview tomorrow and I'm quite nervous. I mean I think less so than I was like 5 days ago but still.

And good luck. I still need to arrange a Skype interview with the apprenticeship service, since telephones are apparently not good enough. I hope it isn't a video call...

Just now, ServerGuy said:

I've had a fair bit of "minor" surgery over the past year (thanks, genetics...) and pretty much as soon as they said "go", I'd just chug painkillers. Doesn't help I have a fairly low pain threshold, but local anesthetic is not fun when they keep jabbing you. Oh well, hopefully last time was truly the last time.

And good luck. I still need to arrange a Skype interview with the apprenticeship service, since telephones are apparently not good enough. I hope it isn't a video call...

*blocks of compression*

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

5 hours ago, ServerGuy said:

Thanks.

Yeah, in my case it's an in person interview. 

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

4 minutes ago, Nicholatian said:

Speaking of work…

Once I get a job at Wal-Mart or wherever, 25% is going into savings, 25% into my startup, and 50% will be free spending for the first few months. After that I’m hoping to start sending 50% into my startup and having 25% go to free spending.

Let me tell you, people are expensive. I’m sure Linus would tell you the same I’m saying – human labour is one of the most costly things any business can take on, and it’s going to cost me a pretty penny to employ people in my startup even despite the fact that I’ll be using freelancer labour.

If I do get this job that I'm interviewing for, I'll probably just be saving a lot of it.

But yeah I know human labor is expensive but it's important. 

1 hour ago, Nicholatian said:

Speaking of work…

Once I get a job at Wal-Mart or wherever, 25% is going into savings, 25% into my startup, and 50% will be free spending for the first few months. After that I’m hoping to start sending 50% into my startup and having 25% go to free spending.

Let me tell you, people are expensive. I’m sure Linus would tell you the same I’m saying – human labour is one of the most costly things any business can take on, and it’s going to cost me a pretty penny to employ people in my startup even despite the fact that I’ll be using freelancer labour.

Even at minimum wage, you could buy a new car for the price of a year of one person.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Just now, Zodiark1593 said:

Even at minimum wage, you could buy a new car for the price of a year of one person.

Well I think it depends on how long you're having them work if it's part time then it's not that much but if it's full time then yeah it would be more like the cost of a new car.

1 hour ago, Nicholatian said:

So I spent the past hour or so doing some theoretical accounting for the job I want. I accounted for 35, 30, 25, and 20 hours a week as different sets of info, calculated the exact amount of federal, FICA, state, and local income taxes, and then divied up what I had like so:

1. 25% off the top saved for my certificate costs
  2. 25% off the top saved for a new car
  3. 20% off the top funneled into Project Trinity

After all bills, this leaves me anywhere from $110 to $180 to spend on other things, and I’ll have to account for petrol out of that which would then leave me between $70 and $140 to spend freely.

$40/week (USD) in petrol is quite a lot. Long commute, or just lousy mileage?

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

1 minute ago, Nicholatian said:

Y’know, I used to be like you, when I was on the PokéCommunity. Could never sit still and just have an avatar for a while. But the longer I spent there, the more I was harassed and picked on, and the more I slowly came to the realisation that the place was a cancerous shithole on a trendy but ultimately egotistical downward spiral into conflict. Then I couldn’t live with the realisation that I was naïve enough to smash my head against their wall for so long just to be socially accepted, spent some time fucking with them for laughs before ultimately getting banned (because seriously, my negative reputation alone was enough to allow me to set them ablaze without breaking any written or unwritten rules), and then…

I moved on from there. I stopped caring about minute details I guess, ever since I spent such a ridiculous amount of time trying too hard for a bunch of low-grade losers on that forum. For all of the time I spent grooming my account and trying to fit in, no one really gave a fuck.

So after moving on I stopped caring about my avatar to a large extent. It’s just a picture to me, not really anything special I don’t think :|

Something that's bothered me

minute (small)

minute (time)

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, Nicholatian said:

Y’know, I used to be like you, when I was on the PokéCommunity. Could never sit still and just have an avatar for a while. But the longer I spent there, the more I was harassed and picked on, and the more I slowly came to the realisation that the place was a cancerous shithole on a trendy but ultimately egotistical downward spiral into conflict. Then I couldn’t live with the realisation that I was naïve enough to smash my head against their wall for so long just to be socially accepted, spent some time fucking with them for laughs before ultimately getting banned (because seriously, my negative reputation alone was enough to allow me to set them ablaze without breaking any written or unwritten rules), and then…

I moved on from there. I stopped caring about minute details I guess, ever since I spent such a ridiculous amount of time trying too hard for a bunch of low-grade losers on that forum. For all of the time I spent grooming my account and trying to fit in, no one really gave a fuck.

So after moving on I stopped caring about my avatar to a large extent. It’s just a picture to me, not really anything special I don’t think :|

I've never put a lot of effort into making a genuine personality.

It basically explains why I'm considered the most vulgar user on PCPartPicker, the first (and currently only) permanently comment banned user on backpack.tf, and why I'm banned from TF2 Outpost.

I'm the guy you either like or don't like at all. Rarely is there ever an in-between for me.

For me, I have the obvious Dan_Castellaneta_2.png but sometimes I spice it up, usually with album art or pictures of a friend of mine.

tbh he's attractive so eh

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

If I go with an apprenticeship, I will be getting £3,30/hr (so just over £100-ish/wk depending on hours). Almost all of my first year's wages will be spent on biking and its associated costs (about £4100 for the bike if I get a particular model, about £1600 for insurance and £17/year road tax, with fuel at about £6). Hopefully I will start getting money in November when I got to a motorcycle event, where I should be able to advertise (the organisers have basically already said "yeah, we'd love your photos"), or I may be able to waive the cost of a bike completely since I am hopefully going to strike a deal with a certain manufacturer...

Well, I'm going to email the guy I need to speak to later so he can respond on Monday about this Skype interview and I will find out if it's purely VoIP or a video call (in which case I will need to remove my webcam cover)... if he even responds.

And I have purchased a new battery cover for my Lumia 640 since it is cracked above the buttons and I have no idea why... Lumia Support is closed and they are refusing to replace a faulty device.

TL;DR some money is better than none, but apprentices aren't worth as much to the government as a "normal" worker, despite them technically having more experience when they enter the world of work. I may be able to get some money soon.

Welp... I'm just looking at the AQA grade boundaries for all GCSE and A-Level exams. I'm not definitely NOT looking forward to Thursday...

9 minutes ago, ServerGuy said:

Welp... I'm just looking at the AQA grade boundaries for all GCSE and A-Level exams. I'm not definitely NOT looking forward to Thursday...

You'll do better than I did. And look how happy I am lol

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

17 minutes ago, ServerGuy said:

If I go with an apprenticeship, I will be getting £3,30/hr (so just over £100-ish/wk depending on hours).

I'll be getting $9/hr not sure how many hours and days they'll be working me. Least to expect is probably around 18 hours a week, hoping for 20 hours a week though. But that's not too bad for an apprenticeship I'm guessing. Since it must be like your guy's version of being an intern.

1 minute ago, wcreek said:

I'll be getting $9/hr not sure how many hours and days they'll be working me. Least to expect is probably around 18 hours a week, hoping for 20 hours a week though. But that's not too bad for an apprenticeship I'm guessing. Since it must be like your guy's version of being an intern.

£3.30 an hour is actually like minimum wage. I went to a few that interviews for ones that were offering over £6/h and ended up just doing a regular college course

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

6 minutes ago, Nicholatian said:

I got so sick and tired of school. It’s like when they’re not fleecing your wallet for education that matters, they’re fleecing your mind of critical thinking so you’ll grow up to be a cold dead conformist member of the American consumer culture.

Oh, I absolutely love those problem puzzles disseminated in post-WWII America where they posit, “You have 5 people on a sinking boat and you can only save 4 of them; which ones do you save and why?”. Brilliant students of the time came up with all sorts of ways to save everyone on board, only to be given a black mark for not following the question exactly. In other words, when they say “Jump!”, they want you to ask “How high?”, not “why?”. It’s a pitiful tragedy.

Nah, ours is more "convert this emoji from binary to hex" and "15 year old boys like beer and 15 year old girls like alcopops/ 'what is an independent business?'". Seriously. That second one actually happened and gained news coverage. I sat the papers. Basically, they teach you the syllabus then ignore it in the exam. Oh also, they're usually fussy about the answers.

2 minutes ago, wcreek said:

I think it's similar, but the NMW here is :

£7.20 (25+, the new "living wage")   £6.70 (18-20)    £5.30 (under 18)    £3.87(19+, apprenticeship)    £3.30 (under 19, apprentice, or 19 in first year of apprenticeship).

1 minute ago, Nicholatian said:

The fuck? £3.30/hr are waitress wages, even in USD. That’s not even close to our minimum wage after conversion, and the 6 quid figure is barely above minimum wage.

In GBP I’d be making over £8/hr lmao

Our government really doesn't care about us tbh... and I guess its because an apprenticeship is another form of education, so I guess I could technically be getting £7/hr, but most of that is deducted in training...

6 minutes ago, Nicholatian said:

The fuck? £3.30/hr are waitress wages, even in USD. That’s not even close to our minimum wage after conversion, and the 6 quid figure is barely above minimum wage.

In GBP I’d be making over £8/hr lmao

It's the minimum you can pay someone in an apprenticeship up to 19yrs old, think our minimum wage for over 21's is about £7 IIRC

Just now, iDeFecZx said:

It's the minimum you can pay someone in an apprenticeship up to 19yrs old, think our minimum wage for over 21's is about £7 IIRC

It's £3.30/hr until you're 19 and in an apprenticeship, or if you're 19+ and in your first year of an apprenticeship.

21-24 is £6.70/hr and 25+ is the "Living Wage".

OK so I'm at this restaurant on Federal Hill called Massimo, and our waiter is basically a living gay stereotype. I'm not kidding.

Just now, Daring said:

OK so I'm at this restaurant on Federal Hill called Massimo, and our waiter is basically a living gay stereotype. I'm not kidding.

appetizing

off-topic: whoever took this picture did a damn good job at it

20804152-origpic-0ef9db.jpg

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

2 minutes ago, Nicholatian said:

I love guys like that, no homo though. They’re so charming!

Yeah, I'll give him credit. He's pretty nice.

1 minute ago, Daring said:

Yeah, I'll give him credit. He's pretty nice.

As long as he isnt obnoxsiously loud....

Og wait.... Im obnoxsiously loud..... *Strando is kill*

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

Side note, there's a Dunkin' Donuts within eyeshot of where I'm sitting.

Ah, southern New England.