LGBT community

carguy86
2 hours ago, Daring said:

I sexually identify as Half-Life 3.

so you're asexual ? xD

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Just now, Coaxialgamer said:

so you're asexual ? xD

No.

Just now, Daring said:

No.

Half life 3 doesn't exist.

Please forgive me i was trying to make a joke . Please don't kill me i'm sorry if i offended you

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Just now, Coaxialgamer said:

Half life 3 doesn't exist.

Please forgive me i was trying to make a joke . Please don't kill me i'm sorry if i offended you

Naw, I'm not one of those offendatrons.

image.png

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

18 minutes ago, Nicholatian said:

In all seriousness that is the only thing the United States is good at. We contribute very little to the intelligence of the human race, 18 other countries graduate more scientists than we do, and according to Michio Kaku, 50% of the entire country’s Ph.D. candidates are foreign-born. What does that tell you?

This country doesn’t produce shit for the scientific community, because its educational system is shit. The stupid index or whatever you want to call it in the US keeps going up, and citizens of the US are delusional about the fact that they will probably never see those amazing jobs in prestigious companies that pay 6 or 7 digit figures.

What the country does do is suck up all of the intelligent minds thanks to the H1B, and now they’re going back to their own countries and the wealth of knowledge is being distributed globally—it’s not staying in the US completely. It’s important to note that.

Education is valued very poorly by many (not all) US citizens. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

14 minutes ago, Nicholatian said:

In all seriousness that is the only thing the United States is good at. We contribute very little to the intelligence of the human race, 18 other countries graduate more scientists than we do, and according to Michio Kaku, 50% of the entire country’s Ph.D. candidates are foreign-born. What does that tell you?

This country doesn’t produce shit for the scientific community, because its educational system is shit. The stupid index or whatever you want to call it in the US keeps going up, and citizens of the US are delusional about the fact that they will probably never see those amazing jobs in prestigious companies that pay 6 or 7 digit figures.

What the country does do is suck up all of the intelligent minds thanks to the H1B, and now they’re going back to their own countries and the wealth of knowledge is being distributed globally—it’s not staying in the US completely. It’s important to note that.

a.) Relevance? Though I do think we severely under-fund scientific advancements. Where the demand lies seems not to be in the sciences though.

http://www.bls.gov/ooh/fastest-growing.htm

b.) Agreed to a degree, Education in the State of Minnesota is actually pretty good. It's not the best but I think it's pretty good.

c.) Yeah?

This too.

5 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Education is valued very poorly by many (not all) US citizens. 

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

2 hours ago, Nicholatian said:

Im fairly sure that the USA has the most billionaires in the technology centre than any other country. So they do contribute something.

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

Hai gays

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

14 minutes ago, Nicholatian said:

Billionaires don’t contribute like that. They sit on high, make all of the general decisions, and leave the logistics and technicals up to people who are far more skilled than them. You and I could easily be a billionaire CEO – it doesn’t take a lot of know-how, but it does take a good imagination.

Besides, what the big whigs do doesn’t matter anyway – if we weren’t soaking up all of the world’s intelligence, there would be no bright individuals to make their dreams a reality. Those CEO’s dreams would be exactly that—not reality. The big dreams would be realised in some other country where they have smart people such as India, Korea, or Japan.

Bill Gates is a billionaire and he doesn't seem to try to lobby for or against legislation.

3 hours ago, Nicholatian said:

I would say the rest of the states should adopt Massachusetts' educational standards, especially considering how we're #2 in the world in mathematics, but then I wouldn't be able to brag about that. And I like being able to brag about how even our worst schools are still way above the national average.

Honestly, though, seeing educational standards outside of New England makes me sad. Your education is one of the most important things you can get. Put effort into it, and you will do well in this world. Teachers are undervalued as well. In Massachusetts, a teacher makes $69k/year, while in Texas teachers make just $27k/year. Not even enough to make a decent living. That's really, really sad and shows just how under-valued teachers are in some states compared to others.

1 hour ago, Daring said:

I would say the rest of the states should adopt Massachusetts' educational standards, especially considering how we're #2 in the world in mathematics, but then I wouldn't be able to brag about that. And I like being able to brag about how even our worst schools are still way above the national average.

Honestly, though, seeing educational standards outside of New England makes me sad. Your education is one of the most important things you can get. Put effort into it, and you will do well in this world. Teachers are undervalued as well. In Massachusetts, a teacher makes $69k/year, while in Texas teachers make just $27k/year. Not even enough to make a decent living. That's really, really sad and shows just how under-valued teachers are in some states compared to others.

Minnesota has pretty good education nationally when compared against New England. But I agree in some states teachers do get paid poorly.

15 minutes ago, wcreek said:

Minnesota has pretty good education nationally when compared against New England. But I agree in some states teachers do get paid poorly.

Well at least Minnesota recognizes the importance of a good education too.

One of my teachers last quarter was thinking about teaching in Hawaii again since he hates the cold, harsh New England climate, but he was complaining about how poorly teachers are treated and paid in Hawaii. Honestly, I don't blame him. If you're a teacher, you're responsible for bringing up the next generation. That, in of itself, is hard work. You don't deserve to get the shit end of the stick because people undervalue your job.

9 minutes ago, Daring said:

One of my teachers last quarter was thinking about teaching in Hawaii again since he hates the cold, harsh New England climate, but he was complaining about how poorly teachers are treated and paid in Hawaii. Honestly, I don't blame him. If you're a teacher, you're responsible for bringing up the next generation. That, in of itself, is hard work. You don't deserve to get the shit end of the stick because people undervalue your job.

Try Alabama. Not only is the education absolute shite here, there's no reason to live here.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Just now, Dan Castellaneta said:

Try Alabama. Not only is the education absolute shite here, there's no reason to live here.

So I've heard.

Just now, Daring said:

So I've heard.

Huntsville is fucking bad. As in the superintendent doesn't have a fucking clue as to what he's doing, the IT department in central office is ran by literally one person, and the pay is ass.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

1 hour ago, TheRandomness said:

Quadruple bacon cheese burger :D

Shit mate, i could barely even BITE the thriple cheeseburger at wendy's

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

3 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Why not? /s

3 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Huntsville is fucking bad. As in the superintendent doesn't have a fucking clue as to what he's doing, the IT department in central office is ran by literally one person, and the pay is ass.

rip

3 hours ago, Daring said:

Yeah, I'm not sure how long Minnesota has been trying to put education in a higher regard but yeah totally agree. I don't think teachers should be doing it for the paycheck/pay cheque but it should be incentive for teachers to do their best they can at teaching whatever grade and/or subject they are teaching.

32 minutes ago, wcreek said:

Yeah, I'm not sure how long Minnesota has been trying to put education in a higher regard but yeah totally agree. I don't think teachers should be doing it for the paycheck/pay cheque but it should be incentive for teachers to do their best they can at teaching whatever grade and/or subject they are teaching.

Massachusetts has been putting education in a higher regard since around 1990. After the MCAS was introduced educational standards went way the fuck up.

Give me a hug ... a highly contagious hug:

Linus is my fetish.