LGBT community

carguy86
1 hour ago, Sarra said:

It's been a few months since I started hrt. Gotta say, I've had some changes I didn't think we're possible? Specifically, my voice has changed. From what I understand, this isn't generally possible?

dont think the "voice box" would, but the throat or other areas could maybe have an impact? just know that some would likely do surgery for some of that, and I guess how early or late one takes it, and I guess everyone are a bit different if something "works" or not? or whatever.

1 hour ago, Quackers101 said:

dont think the "voice box" would, but the throat or other areas could maybe have an impact? just know that some would likely do surgery for some of that, and I guess how early or late one takes it, and I guess everyone are a bit different if something "works" or not? or whatever.

Soft tissue can, and usually does, change. But, I've lost about 2 whole steps of pitch at the bottom of my vocal range, and that seems... Difficult to explain?

Everything I've read says it's impossible, or at least very unlikely, so I'm a bit confused.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

• 1 month later...

Sad to see this thread being left to rot! bump!

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

• 2 months later...

Heya, it's been a while. In fact, long enough that the dead thread warning message has now graced us. 

image.png.b7603af035345bc25b8bf90296dc41cd.png

I'm just coming to say that I completed my bloodwork required for HRT yesterday, tomorrow I'll be starting blockers and then in 4 weeks I'll start estrogen. Turns out I'm 32lbs underweight, so I actually need to put on more weight for estrogen to really do... well, just about anything. Honestly, that'll be the hardest part. I'm quite relieved to finally be starting this step of my journey. Though my life was severely complicated by my state's government shutting down trans care clinics days before my appointment several months ago, this event led me to a clinic in the beautiful city of St. Louis. Sure, had to get a hotel room + drive six hours, but St. Louis is a wonderful, accepting city with, for lack of better syntax, a chill vibe. Toured Washington University while I was there and it's currently top of my list for colleges to consider, so perhaps it's not all abd in the end. 

I was hoping with Emily joining us with her coming out this thread would be active once again, oh well

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

2 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I was hoping with Emily joining us with her coming out this thread would be active once again, oh well

I don't recall Emily ever having been particularly active on the forum, outside of perhaps posting some of the LTT videos. 

Just now, da na said:

I don't recall Emily ever having been particularly active on the forum, outside of perhaps posting some of the LTT videos. 

I mean in that it would inspire us to talk, not that she would message here

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

4 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

oh I see, shame that I'm stupid. 

Most of the Emily discussion happened in outside threads, many new members don't know this exists.

11 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Ehh, directly engaging with the audience too much can be bad too.  Parasocial relationships and all that.

Desktop: Ryzen 9 3950X, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio, Creative Sound Blaster AE-7

Gaming PC #2: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Asus TUF Gaming B550M-Plus, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1080

Gaming PC #3: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-G, 16B DDR3, XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB

WFH PC: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-F, 16GB DDR3, Gigabyte Radeon RX 6400 4GB

UnRAID #1: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asus TUF Gaming B450M-Plus, 64GB DDR4, Radeon HD 5450

UnRAID #2: Intel E5-2603v2, Asus P9X79 LE, 24GB DDR3, Radeon HD 5450

MiniPC: BeeLink SER6 6600H w/ Ryzen 5 6600H, 16GB DDR5 
Windows XP Retro PC: Intel i3 3250, Asus P8B75-M LX, 8GB DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 6850, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy

Windows 9X Retro PC: Intel E5800, ASRock 775i65G r2.0, 1GB DDR1, AGP Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro, Creative Sound Blaster Live!

Steam Deck w/ 2TB SSD Upgrade

10 minutes ago, CerealExperimentsLain said:

Ehh, directly engaging with the audience too much can be bad too.  Parasocial relationships and all that.

please read what i said 

11 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

I came out as trans last year. Since then I have moved from self medication to under private care and I'm on the waiting list. I've also lost 25kg of weight and started to not hate the way I look.

I've volunteered for a regional pride group and started a meetup in town and have a new group of friends.

I have legally changed my name, got my pronouns in my work signature and voice trained myself.

It has been a busy 10 months! I could not have done all this without the love and support of my wife and family along with work being decent about it.

I have never really came out, as just always existed as bi-sexual and a form of ace.  Basically I can get attracted to men or women, but I then have no desire to have sex them.  I honestly get as much out of good nerdy conversation as time in bed.

I am also non-binary, and most days hover around 30% to 40% female, rest male.  However I have never had dysphoria with my body, and accept it is female.  I'm just damned if I am going to fit into female roles and "act like a woman" most of the time.  I honestly have been "just one of the guys" for most of my life.

It's been ages since I've been on the forum (much less this thread) but I stopped by the forum and wanted to pop by and just wish everyone a happy, safe, and overall lovely pride month! 🙂

Tech, engineering, gaming and promoting the metric system. These are my things.

Lover of Linux.

Currently rocking a ThinkPad L13 laptop tricked out with an i7, running Windows 10.
PC Specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6700
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070
Motherboard: Asus Z170 A
RAM: Corsair Vengence 16GB

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a trans woman who has known for many years who and what I am. I've been medically transitioning for maybe 5 years now and haven't looked back since. I'm now married and am living a life I could only have dreamed of before coming out.

This month has been relatively stressful in terms of work and outside stuff, but the positivity I see in here and other places makes me so happy honestly. Seeing Emily come out made me really happy and I was so glad that in some small way I could support someone else who may or may not have needed it, and that hopefully she'll be able to inspire other LGBT+ people as well ❤️

54 minutes ago, bleeding-paryl said:

I'm a trans woman who has known for many years who and what I am. I've been medically transitioning for maybe 5 years now and haven't looked back since. I'm now married and am living a life I could only have dreamed of before coming out.

This month has been relatively stressful in terms of work and outside stuff, but the positivity I see in here and other places makes me so happy honestly. Seeing Emily come out made me really happy and I was so glad that in some small way I could support someone else who may or may not have needed it, and that hopefully she'll be able to inspire other LGBT+ people as well ❤️

Very happy to hear it is going well for you, and good luck in your future. 

Speaking of the waiting list to get care through our NHS, a lot of procedures are being delayed at the moment and are taking 9-18 months for people to be seen. Obviously an issue. However for our care that was the good times, now trans people are waiting 36-60 months to be seen for the first time. A lot of people have been saying "oh the NHS is struggling for everyone" but their bad times were our good times.

In the mean time I am paying out of pocket for care I have a legal right to.

• 1 month later...

Started blockers a few months ago and have been on estrogen for several weeks, already seeing results. 

In slightly worse news my school has expanded the grounds for dresscode violations and added paragraphs to the student handbook specifically targeting trans people. Awesome. 

37 minutes ago, da na said:

Started blockers a few months ago and have been on estrogen for several weeks, already seeing results. 

In slightly worse news my school has expanded the grounds for dresscode violations and added paragraphs to the student handbook specifically targeting trans people. Awesome. 

In what way?

CPU: i5-2470
GPU: RX 580 8G GDDR5
RAM: 8 gigs
PSU: ThermalTake Smart 500W
Case: MSI Mag Forge 112r

Storage:
     1TB HDD (games)
     400 GB SSD (Windows)

4 minutes ago, da na said:

outright banned crossdressing, visiting dorms not of your birth gender, etc. It is a demeritable offense to wear what you would like in your own room now

Permitting people from visiting dorms of your birth gender sounds reasonable to me for obvious reasons.

CPU: i5-2470
GPU: RX 580 8G GDDR5
RAM: 8 gigs
PSU: ThermalTake Smart 500W
Case: MSI Mag Forge 112r

Storage:
     1TB HDD (games)
     400 GB SSD (Windows)

1 minute ago, Lardson said:

Permitting people from visiting dorms of your birth gender sounds reasonable to me for obvious reasons.

the trouble is, previously it was completely allowed as long as you stayed in the commons room

@da naThat's fucking bullshit, and I'm sorry you have to deal with that.

BabyBlu (Primary): 

• CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K @ up to 5.3GHz, 5.0GHz all-core, delidded
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus XI Hero
  • RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 @ 4000MHz 16-18-18-34
  • GPU: MSI RTX 2080 Sea Hawk EK X, 2070MHz core, 8000MHz mem
  • Case: Phanteks Evolv X
  • Storage: XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB, 3x ADATASU800 1TB (RAID 0), Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
  • PSU: Corsair HX1000i
  • Display: MSI MPG341CQR 34" 3440x1440 144Hz Freesync, Dell S2417DG 24" 2560x1440 165Hz Gsync
  • Cooling: Custom water loop (CPU & GPU), Radiators: 1x140mm(Back), 1x280mm(Top), 1x420mm(Front)
  • Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB (Cherry MX Brown)
  • Mouse: MasterMouse MM710
  • Headset: Corsair Void Pro RGB

Roxanne (Wife Build):

• CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ up to 5.0GHz, 4.8Ghz all-core, relidded w/ LM
  • Motherboard: Asus Z97A
  • RAM: G.Skill Sniper 4x8GB DDR3-2400 @ 10-12-12-24
  • GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 w/ LM
  • Case: Corsair Vengeance C70, w/ Custom Side-Panel Window
  • Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Silicon Power A80 2TB NVME
  • PSU: Corsair AX760
  • Display: Samsung C27JG56 27" 2560x1440 144Hz Freesync
  • Cooling: Corsair H115i RGB
  • Keyboard: GMMK TKL(Kailh Box White)
  • Mouse: Glorious Model O-
  • Headset: SteelSeries Arctis 7

BigBox (HTPC):

• CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3600 @ 3600MHz 14-14-14-28
  • GPU: MSI RTX 3080 Ventus 3X Plus OC, de-shrouded, LM TIM, replaced mem therm pads
  • Case: Fractal Design Node 202
  • Storage: SP A80 1TB, WD Black SN770 2TB
  • PSU: Corsair SF600 Gold w/ NF-A9x14
  • Display: Samsung QN90A 65" (QLED, 4K, 120Hz, HDR, VRR)
  • Cooling: Thermalright AXP-100 Copper w/ NF-A12x15
  • Keyboard/Mouse: Rii i4
  • Controllers: 4X Xbox One & 2X N64 (with USB)
  • Sound: Denon AVR S760H with 5.1.2 Atmos setup.

Harmonic (NAS/Game/Plex/Other Server):

• CPU: Intel Core i7 6700
  • Motherboard: ASRock FATAL1TY H270M
  • RAM: 64GB DDR4-2133
  • GPU: Intel HD Graphics 530
  • Case: Fractal Design Define 7
  • HDD: 3X Seagate Exos X16 14TB in RAID 5
  • SSD: Inland Premium 512GB NVME, Sabrent 1TB NVME
  • Optical: BDXL WH14NS40 flashed to WH16NS60
  • PSU: Corsair CX450
  • Display: None
  • Cooling: Noctua NH-U14S
  • Keyboard/Mouse: None

NAS:

• Synology DS216J
  • 2x8TB WD Red NAS HDDs in RAID 1. 8TB usable space

5 hours ago, da na said:

some dress-codes are wild. but do wonder if they sometimes can have their positives than the amount of negative aspects. simplify clothes and stuff, and if it covers "modular and generic" way of use or how its enforced. but it is weird if someone that tries to be recognized as the other gender/sex is not allowed to dress as such, but I guess in some ways one might have to add very specific dress-codes for those that do such as I would assume its going to be a bit differently made/used in certain aspects.

And if in america, one could sue for some discrimination laws if there is a big conflict over something that doesnt harm anyone?

Edited by Quackers101

On 8/11/2023 at 3:07 PM, Quackers101 said:

some dress-codes are wild. but do wonder if they sometimes can have their positives than the amount of negative aspects. simplify clothes and stuff, and if it covers "modular and generic" way of use or how its enforced. but it is weird if someone that tries to be recognized as the other gender/sex is not allowed to dress as such, but I guess in some ways one might have to add very specific dress-codes for those that do such as I would assume its going to be a bit differently made/used in certain aspects.

And if in america, one could sue for some discrimination laws if there is a big conflict over something that doesnt harm anyone?

Eh I think you have to have some sort of dress code, but in general as long as your chest and genitals are covered and there's not some other obvious problem (extremist ideology, call to violence, drugs) there should generally be a live and let live attitude.

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

12 hours ago, orbitalbuzzsaw said:

Eh I think you have to have some sort of dress code, but in general as long as your chest and genitals are covered and there's not some other obvious problem (extremist ideology, call to violence, drugs) there should generally be a live and let live attitude.

yeah, but dont know what type of school it could be. some are very harsh on their dress code with their own uniforms too. Not sure if most schools no longer does that?