LGBT community

carguy86
6 hours ago, Dark_wizzie said:

meeeeep.

Maybe I will start dating once I fix my voice.

meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. :ph34r:

Don't worry about the voice. Many women have deep voices. My speaking voice won't pass over the phone and I get called Sir a lot when on the phone. What matters is your comfort level when amongst others. If you are comfortable when with others, others will be comfortable with you and won't care about the voice (and what do you care about any narrow minded idiot who does care?). I pass like a four dollar bill and the vast majority of people I come into contact with aren't bothered by me.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

It's easier said than done. Dating is already hard enough. There's a difference between being friends with somebody and being attracted to them. The former I expect out of normal people but I can't and wouldn't force attraction.

In other news, seems the Russian government has produced anti-trans propaganda 'documentary' opening with a Bible verse on Youtube. They're not even trying to disguise it. Nice.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

14 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Find someone who accepts you for what you are and what you'll be (mainly voice-wise) rather than just someone who'll accept you for what you'll be.

That's all I gotta say.

Can spot people who transition a mile away. Not just the voice. I am a medical researcher however. You just need to be yourself on a date, they are going to find out one way or another. Always keep it real. 

How are you going to tell if somebody transitioned if they did it really early? At or after puberty, okay, but not a mile away, a tenth of that, or probably even a a hundredth of that if you meet one that regularly passes. It's just too far to clearly see anything. It's very hard to pass for a lot of people but some people do make it for the vast majority of people. I'm not opposed to revealing I'm trans, the problem is not wanting giant signs that I am trans.

Both my date and I are most likely going to prefer a voice that matches. Like, everyone can talk about not caring what other people think and finding somebody who likes you for you, but that's pretty easy to say on the sidelines. I have it okay, some people have it ROUGH. Just saying that it's all attitude/etc isn't going to help when you're forever lonely. What I'd like is to be like any other typical female out there, and that includes looking the part and getting treated the part as a result. I don't even like my voice. Eventually the advice ends up being 'don't want what you want', which isn't all that helpful. The entire advice could be given for transitioning in the first place. And then I say dysphoria is setting in again, and then others say 'just don't worry about it'.

It sucks that I was born as part of the 1% for whom this is actually an issue. Friends think I'm rich, but if I'm willing to give it all away to be born the right sex then who's the lucky one?

I don't spend every day like this. There are good days and there are bad. Transitioning's not the easy path in life. Maybe I could've mentally stuck in the closet. Just say it's a fetish or a fantasy or whatever. I don't regret it though.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

6 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

Can spot people who transition a mile away. Not just the voice. I am a medical researcher however. You just need to be yourself on a date, they are going to find out one way or another. Always keep it real. 

And if someone passes perfectly, how would you know you had not clocked them?

Jeannie

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

11 hours ago, Dark_wizzie said:

How are you going to tell if somebody transitioned if they did it really early? At or after puberty, okay, but not a mile away, a tenth of that, or probably even a a hundredth of that if you meet one that regularly passes. It's just too far to clearly see anything. It's very hard to pass for a lot of people but some people do make it for the vast majority of people. I'm not opposed to revealing I'm trans, the problem is not wanting giant signs that I am trans.

The individuals bones in the cranio-facial region and pelvis are going to be different (before puberty). After pubery a transitioned individual would have a deeper voice, more muscular in appearance, larger feet and possbily taller. In both individuals you would see a lack of female features, including a reduced weight, lack of breasts. Male inherited genetics would also be passed down, for instance short sightedness (as an example, there are many factors that can change your sight). Remeber puberty is a gradual process from around ages 13->21 if you are male. 

Both my date and I are most likely going to prefer a voice that matches. Like, everyone can talk about not caring what other people think and finding somebody who likes you for you, but that's pretty easy to say on the sidelines. I have it okay, some people have it ROUGH. Just saying that it's all attitude/etc isn't going to help when you're forever lonely. What I'd like is to be like any other typical female out there, and that includes looking the part and getting treated the part as a result. I don't even like my voice. Eventually the advice ends up being 'don't want what you want', which isn't all that helpful. The entire advice could be given for transitioning in the first place. And then I say dysphoria is setting in again, and then others say 'just don't worry about it'.

I'm not saying you shouldn't just don't be too hard on yourself if you can't change. You can try, and you might end up being really pretty. But at the end of the day you are who you are, and you need to meet someone who appreciates you for yourself, and you will. 

It sucks that I was born as part of the 1% for whom this is actually an issue. Friends think I'm rich, but if I'm willing to give it all away to be born the right sex then who's the lucky one?

Everyone is unique and has different issues. No one is perfect, and far from it. Everyone struggles. 

I don't spend every day like this. There are good days and there are bad. Transitioning's not the easy path in life. Maybe I could've mentally stuck in the closet. Just say it's a fetish or a fantasy or whatever. I don't regret it though.

It's much better out of the closet. Life is never easy, but thats why it's worth living. 

5 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

The individuals bones in the cranio-facial region and pelvis are going to be different (before puberty). After pubery a transitioned individual would have a deeper voice, more muscular in appearance, larger feet and possbily taller. In both individuals you would see a lack of female features, including a reduced weight, lack of breasts. Male inherited genetics would also be passed down, for instance short sightedness (as an example, there are many factors that can change your sight). Remeber puberty is a gradual process from around ages 13->21 if you are male. 

I'm a transwoman and even I can't always tell (and I worked with the community for years). Much of that can be changed with surgery, hormone therapy, hairstyles, and clothing. I had hips even before hormone therapy (I really got them afterward). There are also numerous overlaps of feminine and masculine characteristics. My hands and feet are small for a man. My feet are also wider in the forefoot compared to the heel than when compared to men with the same shoe size and is a feminine characteristic. I also have a genetic foot deformity that appears far more in females than in males.

I've seen a lot of women with masculine characteristics, such as facial structure, an Adam's Apple, hairy bodies (my sister and daughter are hairy little monkeys), small hips, deep voices, etc. I still maintain you can't always tell if someone is a transwoman or not just by looking (nor can anyone else).

Jeannie

42 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

I'm a transwoman and even I can't always tell (and I worked with the community for years). Much of that can be changed with surgery, hormone therapy, hairstyles, and clothing. I had hips even before hormone therapy (I really got them afterward). There are also numerous overlaps of feminine and masculine characteristics. My hands and feet are small for a man. My feet are also wider in the forefoot compared to the heel than when compared to men with the same shoe size and is a feminine characteristic. I also have a genetic foot deformity that appears far more in females than in males.

I've seen a lot of women with masculine characteristics, such as facial structure, an Adam's Apple, hairy bodies (my sister and daughter are hairy little monkeys), small hips, deep voices, etc. I still maintain you can't always tell if someone is a transwoman or not just by looking (nor can anyone else).

As I said before I have a medical degree and research medicine. 

2 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

You sure you don’t want to be a clinician? They say hospital rotations are the most fun part. ?

Though years ago when I did work as a uni research scientist for a year, free access to NCBI is a blessing. Even now as a M1 we’re still doing research. My adviser atm once told me to stop doing antioxidant assays (ex. DPPH and ORAC) as it is boring and an experiment for undergraduate students. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

3 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

And I have a degree in psychology. I have also done extensive volunteer work with various transgender support groups and have spoken before college classes on transgender and, to a much lesser degree, lesbian issues.

Jeannie

2 hours ago, captain_to_fire said:

You sure you don’t want to be a clinician? They say hospital rotations are the most fun part. ?

Though years ago when I did work as a uni research scientist for a year, free access to NCBI is a blessing. Even now as a M1 we’re still doing research. My adviser atm once told me to stop doing antioxidant assays (ex. DPPH and ORAC) as it is boring and an experiment for undergraduate students. 

Theres too much bs working in a hospitial here. I find research much more fascinating. Just really doing postgrad at the moment. 

1 hour ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

And I have a degree in psychology. I have also done extensive volunteer work with various transgender support groups and have spoken before college classes on transgender and, to a much lesser degree, lesbian issues.

Psychology is a different area than Pathology.  This is on a physiobiological rather than psychological issue. 

21 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

...Psychology is a different area than Pathology.  This is on a physiobiological rather than psychological issue. 

True but how much experience have you had with transgenders, both male to female and female to male? You're still in school; I've had years of "hands on" experience since school. Part of the psychology of transgender involves awareness of the physical and behavioral differences and similarities. Again, if a transwoman or transman passes well (passing is far more than just physical appearance), you would not be able to clock her or him from close up, let alone from a distance (such as a mile? Seriously?).

Jeannie

28 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Theres too much bs working in a hospitial here. I find research much more fascinating. Just really doing postgrad at the moment. 

I once tried to apply for a Master’s degree in Auckland via the NZ embassy but I didn’t get shortlisted. Either way, once I graduated and passed board certification I can either go clinical or research/academe or both. 

8 minutes ago, captain_to_fire said:

I once tried to apply for a Master’s degree in Auckland via the NZ embassy but I didn’t get shortlisted. Either way, once I graduated and passed board certification I can either go clinical or research/academe or both. 

Well there’s no criteria but if you want to do thesis only then it’s a B+ to get in. Only criteria I know of? Masters isn’t competitive.

21 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

True but how much experience have you had with transgenders, both male to female and female to male? You're still in school; I've had years of "hands on" experience since school. Part of the psychology of transgender involves awareness of the physical and behavioral differences and similarities. Again, if a transwoman or transman passes well (passing is far more than just physical appearance), you would not be able to clock her or him from close up, let alone from a distance (such as a mile? Seriously?).

I’ve had hands on experience with  working on a farm for nearly a decade but I wouldn’t call myself a farmer. 

6 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

Well there’s no criteria but if you want to do thesis only then it’s a B+ to get in. Only criteria I know of? Masters isn’t competitive.

I’ve had hands on experience with  working on a farm for nearly a decade but I wouldn’t call myself a farmer. 

Big deal. If you can't call yourself a farmer after a decade of working on a farm, you must be a mighty slow learner.

Jeannie

Vermont is nice, but... I belong in the suburbs.

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Too posh for you?

Nah, I just don't feel at home in a rural area. It's got charm, but I can't see myself living in rural America.

1 minute ago, NowakVulpix said:

Nah, I just don't feel at home in a rural area. It's got charm, but I can't see myself living in rural America.

Hmm.

Personally I wouldn't mind living in a rural area. As much as I love the atmosphere of a big city, I just can't do it.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

3 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Hmm.

Personally I wouldn't mind living in a rural area. As much as I love the atmosphere of a big city, I just can't do it.

Well, my feelings are probably because I was born in a big city lmao

47 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Hmm.

inb4 you decide you wanna tryout a Minnesota winter

I like suburbs where a decent sized city is just a short skip and a hop away.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

7 hours ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

I like suburbs where a decent sized city is just a short skip and a hop away.

Same. The problem with rural areas imo is that they're too far from stores like hardware and grocery stores, network coverage tend to suck (unless said network uses sub 1GHz spectrum) and they are the last ones to receive fiber internet. On the other hand, rural areas have cleaner air (it might depend), it's less congested and I can run on the road without worrying to be hit by a car because my headphones are too loud.