That's kinda my schtick. Bad memes.

c:

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

but do you post bad cursed images

3b8444df-23ba-4ada-846c-118b250aaabe.png

1 minute ago, NowakVulpix said:

That's kinda my schtick. Bad memes.

c:

Hold my beer. mostly because I'm underage.

Spoiler

IMG_20180825_190154_546.jpg.6564b4f0fc822c6b507aff66cbb480fe.jpg

Also, LGBT stands for liquor, guns, bacon, and tits.

2 minutes ago, Dark_wizzie said:

Mom won't call me by my new name.

...This is going well.

Is it refusal?

Or is she just forgetting?

8 minutes ago, Cinnabar Sonar said:

Is it refusal?

Or is she just forgetting?

Refusal.

She keeps thinking I'll get talked out of it.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

2 minutes ago, Dark_wizzie said:

Refusal.

She keeps thinking I'll get talked out of it.

That isn't helpful.

I'm assuming that she isn't supportive of whatever decision that you made?

3 minutes ago, Cinnabar Sonar said:

That isn't helpful.

I'm assuming that she isn't supportive of whatever decision that you made?

She's not, she says she's worried about breast cancer, regret, blah blah blah.

I literally have boobs now. It's a little late to regret it and act like nothing ever happened, even if I wanted to. And I don't want to.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

Just now, Dark_wizzie said:

She's not, she says she's worried about breast cancer, regret, blah blah blah.

I literally have boobs now. It's a little late to regret it and act like nothing every happened, even if I wanted to. And I don't want to.

Is the breasts from hormone treatment?

Because breast cancer is almost unheard of in that case.

Until surgery, it's all reversible to an extent.

I think she has more problems about your decision that she's not saying.

Well, it's not automatically super suspicious given that I know that's how she thinks. She gets worried about what can go wrong. We have a family history of cancer. Two out of her two sister had breast cancer. And then she's like, oh, this one doctor said how lots of trans people regret transitioning (or surgery? She never made it clear).

Here's how my mom used to be in 2014:

unknown.png

For the record, her 'kicking me out of the house' was the most lame attempt at simply voicing displeasure, because she never uh, actually kicked me out.

Since then she's 'found god' or something and isn't super aggro about it anymore. But I know she still has reservations about my transition, and she can't even decide if she's okay with gay marriage or not, because Bible this, Bible that.

And yeah. Breasts from hormones. Speaking of which, I'd *really* like an A cup at least and to fix my voice. 

@Dark_wizzie It seems more like your decisions go against her personal beliefs then anything.

Either way, not much that I can do other then talk.  Go ahead and reply, or shoot me a DM if you want.

And yeah. Breasts for hormones. Speaking of which, I'd *really* like an A cup at least and to fix my voice.

Are you on testosterone blockers?  Or full estrogen?

A voice trainer can help you sound more feminine.

12 minutes ago, Cinnabar Sonar said:

@Dark_wizzie It seems more like your decisions go against her personal beliefs then anything.

Either way, not much that I can do other then talk.  Go ahead and reply, or shoot me a DM if you want.

Are you on testosterone blockers?  Or full estrogen?

A voice trainer can help you sound more feminine.

I am on 3x2mg sublingual estradiol and 2x50mg spironolactone. Sometimes I split a 2mg pill into 1mg chunks with 3 hour gap in between to try to smooth out the sky high peaks caused by sublingual. I wanted to add progesterone but I dunno if I want to do it next year anymore because my boss screwed me over and my health insurance is going out the window for 2019 (and 2019 only). It depends in part on what the doctor wants. I dunno how introducing progesterone works, I mean, whether the doctor wants to check blood levels of it or not. If not then the extra cost is $240 a year, which is a burden I can bear. The blood tests are what cost a ton because it's a doctor's visit + blood test which would cost like 700 total or something. And the doctor needs to stop checking me for STDs. I know trans people are at greater risk, but like... I can't even get laid. How am I going to catch a STD? And I sure as hell don't want to be paying for STD check next year when insurance dies. 

Oh yeah. While I'm typing, the other day at Walmart, the cashier called me 'sir'. Then later she asked me to fill out a survey because she's new. Should've said, 'you misgender me and now you want me to do a survey on how I feel about your service? Do you really think this is a good idea?' The world sees things in a very cisgender way. So while people think about somebody throwing a temper tantrum over pronouns, they don't think about how awkward it is for me to correct people on my name or gender, especially for people that aren't social. Often times I don't do it.

The thing about misgendering is that I thought I passed reasonably well. If you look at my Adam's Apple or hear my voice you know I'm trans, but the point is the overall presentation and body is feminine. So it's not like accidental misgendering makes things right as rain either. Bigotry is common, but if I'm used to and expecting to be seen as female and all of a sudden I get the exact opposite, it kind of makes you wonder how well I've been doing the entire time.

Anyways, that's just a one off. 

Oh, and I don't want to pay for a voice trainer. And I've just been procrastinating voice training. It's a bit like makeup in that there are many ways to do it wrongly, and when it goes wrong it can go very wrong. It has to sound natural. Right resonance and pitch and frequency.

Bonus fact: Spironolactone is used in some cases for acne treatment for women. So... yeah. My acne has gone away since HRT, which is pretty rad.

@Dark_wizzie I'm not an expert on the medications themselves, although it seems that estradiol is the biggest factor in breast size.

The spironolactone looks like a hormone blocker, so there's that.

You can try drinking a lot of soy.  Soy is actually not recommended in large quantities for males, due to it being able to mess up their hormone balance.

Oh yeah. While I'm typing, the other day at Walmart, the cashier called me 'sir'. Then later she asked me to fill out a survey because she's new. Should've said, 'you misgender me and now you want me to do a survey on how I feel about your service? Do you really think this is a good idea?' The world sees things in a very cisgender way. So while people think about somebody throwing a temper tantrum over pronouns, they don't think about how awkward it is for me to correct people on my name or gender, especially for people that aren't social. Often times I don't do it.

The thing about misgendering is that I thought I passed reasonably well. If you look at my Adam's Apple or hear my voice you know I'm trans, but the point is the overall presentation and body is feminine. So it's not like accidental misgendering makes things right as rain either. Bigotry is common, but if I'm used to and expecting to be seen as female and all of a sudden I get the exact opposite, it kind of makes you wonder how well I've been doing the entire time.

I don't know how you look, so I can't say, but many who are more cisgender have difficulties, you don't want to offend, and sometimes you say the wrong thing.

Hell, I have trouble with misgendering people at times.  Honestly, it's one of the reasons that even though I follow this thread, I don't comment on it often.

I don't feel like I belong.  I am male, identify as male, and am attracted to females.  The only thing that makes me even remotely fit in is that I wouldn't mind being romantic with another man if I really get along with him.  I guess that would make me bi.

So, please be patent with us. :P

As far as those who are intentionally being assholes, well, they aren't important, are they?

So many people are willing to hate things because they don't understand it, or it makes them uncomfortable, and those people can just be left behind and forgotten, they aren't worth your mental energy.

26 minutes ago, Cinnabar Sonar said:

@Dark_wizzie I'm not an expert on the medications themselves, although it seems that estradiol is the biggest factor in breast size.

You can try drinking a lot of soy.  Soy is actually not recommended in large quantities for males, due to it being able to mess up their hormone balance.

I don't know how you look, so I can't say, but many who are more cisgender have difficulties, you don't want to offend, and sometimes you say the wrong thing.

Hell, I have trouble with misgendering people at times.  Honestly, it's one of the reasons that even though I follow this thread, I don't comment on it often.

I don't feel like I belong.  I am male, identify as male, and am attracted to females.  The only thing that makes me even remotely fit in is that I wouldn't mind being romantic with another man if I really get along with him.  I guess that would make me bi.

As far as those who are intentionally being assholes, well, they aren't important, are they?

So many people are willing to hate things because they don't understand it, or it makes them uncomfortable, and those people can just be left behind and forgotten, they aren't worth your mental energy.

There aren't a lot of studies for this stuff. Biology is complicated. Sometimes things do one thing under a microscrope, and another in rats, and another in humans. Soy has a weak estrogen, but it can just as easily be bad. For example, people talk a lot about estrone to estradiol ratios. Estrone is a far less potent variant of estrogen compared to estradiol. What if estrone is taking up all the target receptors but doing almost nothing? In that case taking weak estrogens or allowing estradiol to get converted into estrone would be bad.

Spiro is a testosterone blocker, among its other effects.

I mean, I can give you semi-cherry picked photos... My point is being misgendered throws up doubt about how well one passes or how they are perceived by other people.

And then you just click to view the post in a new tab to see the picture.

I mean..........................

It really varies based on the day, the angle you look at me from, and whatever. So...

I don't think most people who see me see 'cis guy', they either see 'some random woman' or 'trans woman'...

Be better if I actually had a chest that shows. 

EDIT:

I still feel like more people find me attractive as a girl than a guy lol. I get more attention from uhm... horny people.

29 minutes ago, Cinnabar Sonar said:

@Dark_wizzie You look cute in my opinion, you would pass as a girl to me.

Thanks but like I said, semi-cherrypicked photo.

Ultimately I can't know how strangers end up going with what they end up calling me. I dunno, like... I went for months without getting misgendered so it kind of came out of the blue. It's normal for trans people to feel like they're not really who they present themselves to be, that they're some kind of fake or fraud or impostor. But I think this will fix itself with time.

My brother keeps saying how it's acceptable and normal for Asian parents to have major problems with LGBT stuff. Why? Just be better human beings. It's obvious if we just switch the subject to race. Oh, your parents came from a racist time or a racist place. Yeah well, I don't care. We don't like that crap here, so better change right quick.

I just remembered you were the person that responded on the comment about Noctua fans, lol.

Often times I am surprised at how little people know about trans people. Like the whole 'trans people are people who feel like they were born in the wrong body at an early age and get surgeries' mainstream narrative is not really right, but it gets the general gist of it ish, but lots of people haven't even heard of that.

1 minute ago, Dark_wizzie said:

Ultimately I can't know how strangers end up going with what they end up calling me. I dunno, like... I went for months without getting misgendered so it kind of came out of the blue. It's normal for trans people to feel like they're not really who they present themselves to be, that they're some kind of fake or fraud or impostor. But I think this will fix itself with time.

Feeling inadequate, or not as good as the "real thing" is common for those who are transgender.

While I can't relate in itself, I can understand the feeling of not being "good enough" in other aspects.

Just keep in mind, you are unique in your own right, no need to compare yourself to others.

13 minutes ago, Dark_wizzie said:

My brother keeps saying how it's acceptable and normal for Asian parents to have major problems with LGBT stuff. Why? Just be better human beings. It's obvious if we just switch the subject to race. Oh, your parents came from a racist time or a racist place. Yeah well, I don't care. We don't like that crap here, so better change right quick.

Unfortunately, I have seen some rather... unsavory actions/beliefs from Asian families.  They seem to be largely "traditional" minded at times.

Of course, there are some cool Asian families as well, just seems like a larger percentage of bullshit.

16 minutes ago, Dark_wizzie said:

I just remembered you were the person that responded on the comment about Noctua fans, lol.

Brown master race. :P

jk

1 hour ago, Cinnabar Sonar said:

Feeling inadequate, or not as good as the "real thing" is common for those who are transgender.

While I can't relate in itself, I can understand the feeling of not being "good enough" in other aspects.

Just keep in mind, you are unique in your own right, no need to compare yourself to others.

Unfortunately, I have seen some rather... unsavory actions/beliefs from Asian families.  They seem to be largely "traditional" minded at times.

Of course, there are some cool Asian families as well, just seems like a larger percentage of bullshit.

Brown master race. :P

jk

I think about it sometimes... it's kind of surreal, right. Trans people were people you hear about on the news or read about on the newspaper. To be one? That's crazy, it can't be. What are the odds?

When people experience a negative emotion and it finally goes away, even briefly, it's normal to feel happy about it. So if somebody has dysphoria and it goes away sometimes when things just sort of work together and snap into place, and I look in the mirror and like what I see, one could call it gender euphoria. And the dysphoria and euphoria aren't necessarily things most normal people experience. 

Two examples:

1) It reminds me when I had a terrible migraine once, and after the suffering I was just happy I wasn't in pain. Actively happy. Normal people going about their lives aren't happy they're not in pain.

2) Speaking of taking or not taking things for granted, it reminds me of how I don't take "being born in the right body" for granted, which most people can do. It's like how a diabetic doesn't take for granted being able to eat food and not plop down and die a couple hours later if things get unchecked.

But yeah, you know. It can be easy to go down this line of thinking of 'my chromosomes are wrong, my brain's wrong, I've been socialized the other way, my bodily functions don't behave like a typical female's', blah blah blah.

My favorite story is how I used to think that a good portion of guys secretly wanted to be girls or were envious of them. And the reason why nobody talks about it is because people are too embarrassed to talk about it. So it felt like this said something about public discourse and privacy. But then I realized many years later that oh... most guys are actually perfectly find with being a guy... and that would mean that this whole thing said more about me than the people I were critiquing. I suppose the reason I had that idea at the start was because those thoughts felt normal and intuitive to me, so I assumed some other people must've felt the same way.

Um heads up on the soy thing, Its bullshit. I am to tired to go much into why but soy for trans people can actually be harmful

41 minutes ago, Cole5 said:

Um heads up on the soy thing, Its bullshit. I am to tired to go much into why but soy for trans people can actually be harmful

@Dark_wizzie already explained to me how soy could be potently problematic, so duly noted.

1 hour ago, Dark_wizzie said:

1) It reminds me when I had a terrible migraine once, and after the suffering I was just happy I wasn't in pain. Actively happy. Normal people going about their lives aren't happy they're not in pain.

2) Speaking of taking or not taking things for granted, it reminds me of how I don't take "being born in the right body" for granted, which most people can do. It's like how a diabetic doesn't take for granted being able to eat food and not plop down and die a couple hours later if things get unchecked.

Understandable.  If someone is unable to walk, and then gains the ability to walk again, they would be incredibly happy, even though anyone that can just normally walk wouldn't have the same emotion.

So if i'm correct, when not experiencing any dysphoria, and it all just "works", you are quite happy about your gender in a way that most would just take for granted.

Again, I can't relate in that specific scenario, but I understand the feeling, since there are parts of my life where I have felt extremely grateful for something that others would take for granted.

1 hour ago, Dark_wizzie said:

My favorite story is how I used to think that a good portion of guys secretly wanted to be girls or were envious of them. And the reason why nobody talks about it is because people are too embarrassed to talk about it. So it felt like this said something about public discourse and privacy. But then I realized many years later that oh... most guys are actually perfectly find with being a guy... and that would mean that this whole thing said more about me than the people I were critiquing. I suppose the reason I had that idea at the start was because those thoughts felt normal and intuitive to me, so I assumed some other people must've felt the same way.

That's a flaw in humanity as a whole.  It's very hard for us to look in any other person's perspective then our own, thus we make errors in other's judgement all the time.

I have learned that it's always best to take the time to get to know someone, and ask.  That is one of the best ways to see from a perspective other then your own.

5 hours ago, Cinnabar Sonar said:

4 hours ago, Dark_wizzie said:

There aren't a lot of studies for this stuff. Biology is complicated. Sometimes things do one thing under a microscrope, and another in rats, and another in humans. Soy has a weak estrogen, but it can just as easily be bad. For example, people talk a lot about estrone to estradiol ratios. Estrone is a far less potent variant of estrogen compared to estradiol. What if estrone is taking up all the target receptors but doing almost nothing? In that case taking weak estrogens or allowing estradiol to get converted into estrone would be bad.

Spiro is a testosterone blocker, among its other effects.

I mean, I can give you semi-cherry picked photos... My point is being misgendered throws up doubt about how well one passes or how they are perceived by other people.

And then you just click to view the post in a new tab to see the picture.

I mean..........................

It really varies based on the day, the angle you look at me from, and whatever. So...

I don't think most people who see me see 'cis guy', they either see 'some random woman' or 'trans woman'...

Be better if I actually had a chest that shows. 

EDIT:

I still feel like more people find me attractive as a girl than a guy lol. I get more attention from uhm... horny people.

2 hours ago, Cole5 said:

1 hour ago, Cinnabar Sonar said:

@Dark_wizzie already explained to me how soy could be potently problematic, so duly noted.

Understandable.  If someone is unable to walk, and then gains the ability to walk again, they would be incredibly happy, even though anyone that can just normally walk wouldn't have the same emotion.

So if i'm correct, when not experiencing any dysphoria, and it all just "works", you are quite happy about your gender in a way that most would just take for granted.

Again, I can't relate in that specific scenario, but I understand the feeling, since there are parts of my life where I have felt extremely grateful for something that others would take for granted.

That's a flaw in humanity as a whole.  It's very hard for us to look in any other person's perspective then our own, thus we make errors in other's judgement all the time.

I have learned that it's always best to take the time to get to know someone, and ask.  That is one of the best ways to see from a perspective other then your own.

actually, the only studies recently conducted on soy shows that it's safe to consume a lot of. It can't affect your hormone balance in a noticable way unless you already have problems with your endocrine system, and even then, likely not. It's a big myth that soy makes men grow boobs or become feminine. I know plenty of guys who consume a lot of soy products and have never had these problems.

The thing is, phytooestrogen is not chemically close enough to the oestrogen our bodies react to in a majority of cases. If you like soy, eat it as and when you want it. If you don't, no sweat, don't bother.