Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
carguy86

LGBT community

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Niemand said:

The Turkie

My first thought was yes we all love to eat turkey but then I realized how horribly wrong that could sound in this case.  😳 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Wow, TF2 got downgraded af over the last 10 years. The 2007 version looks significantly better.


Officially LTT's 'coolest' member (yes, that's a pun)

The w is pronounced like v, if you're wondering!

Please quote me so I can see that you replied.

 

Gaming keyboards are a ripoff.

 

Be proud of who you are.

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Daring said:

 

Wow, TF2 got downgraded af over the last 10 years. The 2007 version looks significantly better.

How is it possible for it to get worse?  lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I made a meme of myself dying in GTA.


Officially LTT's 'coolest' member (yes, that's a pun)

The w is pronounced like v, if you're wondering!

Please quote me so I can see that you replied.

 

Gaming keyboards are a ripoff.

 

Be proud of who you are.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Daring said:

 

I made a meme of myself dying in GTA.

Interesting, I got an advert instead of that YouTube video.

Screenshot_2017-07-02-14-06-21-27.thumb.png.fe8872a40cf01f0e7ce346b6c8c06080.png


Don't fucking tell me to "Look at my signature", as I have signatures disabled.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My people would consider this very unpatriotic of me but I'm glad that Australian boxer Jeff Horn defeated conservative Christian boxer Manny Pacquiao. 


There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Link to post
Share on other sites

Howdy folks, so i have been questioning myself where or not i wanted to post here. Basically I'm Bisexual, but haven't really come out to anyone as of yet. I have had a number of... experiences should we say with guys in the past but my family aren't the most accepting of differences. Anyone willing to tell me some coming out stories/tips?

 

cheers! 


My Folding Stats

 

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates
 

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

 

  • CPU
    Ryzen 7 1700 3GHz 8-Core Processor @ 3.7Ghz
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    DOMINATOR Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) @ 3400mhz
  • GPU
    EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 Hybrid, Aorus GTC 1080 Waterforce
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    BenQ - XL2430(144hz), Dell 24" portrait
  • Cooling
    Wraith Spire LED
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ben Quigley said:

Howdy folks, so i have been questioning myself where or not i wanted to post here. Basically I'm Bisexual, but haven't really come out to anyone as of yet. I have had a number of... experiences should we say with guys in the past but my family aren't the most accepting of differences. Anyone willing to tell me some coming out stories/tips?

 

cheers! 

I told my mum earlier this year, Immediately after I told her, she asked if I was dating someone who is a friend of mine, which was wrong and was quite awkward. I have since stated that I don't want her to talk about my relationships to her quite yet, and she hasn't asked since.

 

But now she tells me whenever a gay couple is on Grand Designs, and the other day, she told me an uncle that her father had that commited suicide (the 1st time she had ever mentioned him), who was also gay, - which being gay was irrelevant to why he died, but she made it sound like that was the reason.

 

I haven't told my dad, I am probably going to email him that, not that I am scared of him knowing (I think he already knows and has been trying to give me hints to say it), but I don't know how to say it.


Don't fucking tell me to "Look at my signature", as I have signatures disabled.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

I told my mum earlier this year, Immediately after I told her, she asked if I was dating someone who is a friend of mine, which was wrong and was quite awkward. I have since stated that I don't want her to talk about my relationships to her quite yet, and she hasn't asked since.

 

But now she tells me whenever a gay couple is on Grand Designs, and the other day, she told me an uncle that her father had that commited suicide (the 1st time she had ever mentioned him), who was also gay, - which being gay was irrelevant to why he died, but she made it sound like that was the reason.

 

I haven't told my dad, I am probably going to email him that, not that I am scared of him knowing (I think he already knows and has been trying to give me hints to say it), but I don't know how to say it.

Cheers for that, it's my dad and younger brother that most concern me. My dad is an Irish decedent farmer.... very, men are hard working and have wives who cook for them kinda thing. My brother is a very manly man who goes weight lifting and comes out with comments such as 'gay people aren't natural' and 'If my family was gay I don't think I could speak to them'... so you know... not really a good place to be in. 


My Folding Stats

 

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates
 

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

 

  • CPU
    Ryzen 7 1700 3GHz 8-Core Processor @ 3.7Ghz
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    DOMINATOR Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) @ 3400mhz
  • GPU
    EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 Hybrid, Aorus GTC 1080 Waterforce
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    BenQ - XL2430(144hz), Dell 24" portrait
  • Cooling
    Wraith Spire LED
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ben Quigley said:

Cheers for that, it's my dad and younger brother that most concern me. My dad is an Irish decedent farmer.... very, men are hard working and have wives who cook for them kinda thing. My brother is a very manly man who goes weight lifting and comes out with comments such as 'gay people aren't natural' and 'If my family was gay I don't think I could speak to them'... so you know... not really a good place to be in. 

I don't know. If you have your own place, so don't live with your parents, you are going to be fine, they may avoid you for a bit if they have anything against being gay and the LGBT community, but they will likely get over themselves and forgive you eventually. But if you live with them, you have to worry about the culture that they might provide after they get told, or how they may react; like kick you out temporarily.

 

Distance might be the way you want to tell them, like calling them, texting them or sending them an email, that makes you safe from verbal and physical attacks, and it might be easier since you cannot see them, but in-person is also a good way of doing it, they can see the need in your eyes and might be more respectful and understanding of you.

 

There is no right of coming out, there is just a lot of things you need to consider before you do it.


Don't fucking tell me to "Look at my signature", as I have signatures disabled.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

I don't know. If you have your own place, so don't live with your parents, you are going to be fine, they may avoid you for a bit if they have anything against being gay and the LGBT community, but they will likely get over themselves and forgive you eventually. But if you live with them, you have to worry about the culture that they might provide after they get told, or how they may react; like kick you out temporarily.

 

Distance might be the way you want to tell them, like calling them, texting them or sending them an email, that makes you safe from verbal and physical attacks, and it might be easier since you cannot see them, but in-person is also a good way of doing it, they can see the need in your eyes and might be more respectful and understanding of you.

 

There is no right of coming out, there is just a lot of things you need to consider before you do it.

Thanks for that, I live with my mum as I am her carer so that probably won't be/can't change atm. My mum isn't too bad i think shell just take it as it is and not give one, but my brother still lives with us, I don't see my dad very much these days as it is and i really wouldn't want to lose his completely, even if he is a big K**b. 


My Folding Stats

 

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates
 

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

 

  • CPU
    Ryzen 7 1700 3GHz 8-Core Processor @ 3.7Ghz
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    DOMINATOR Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) @ 3400mhz
  • GPU
    EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 Hybrid, Aorus GTC 1080 Waterforce
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    BenQ - XL2430(144hz), Dell 24" portrait
  • Cooling
    Wraith Spire LED
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Ben Quigley said:

Howdy folks, so i have been questioning myself where or not i wanted to post here. Basically I'm Bisexual, but haven't really come out to anyone as of yet. I have had a number of... experiences should we say with guys in the past but my family aren't the most accepting of differences. Anyone willing to tell me some coming out stories/tips?

 

cheers! 

While I can't comment about myself (straight as an arrow), my sister is bisexual.

She is currently married to a man, but she has dated girls in the past.

 

She basically just came out by saying she was bisexual when she was 14. 

if I remember correctly she just invited her then partner of for dinner with my parent (and me) and that partner was a girl. 

No questions were asked during the dinner. The day after my mother just asked my sister if she was a lesbian and my sister stated that she was quite certain she was bisexual. 

My dad's only comment was something to the effect of: "I don't care who you're fucking as long as I don't have to participate".

The question about her sexuality was never brought up again by me, my parents or any other members of our family. 


Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ben Quigley said:

Thanks for that, I live with my mum as I am her carer so that probably won't be/can't change atm. My mum isn't too bad i think shell just take it as it is and not give one, but my brother still lives with us, I don't see my dad very much these days as it is and i really wouldn't want to lose his completely, even if he is a big K**b. 

If you need to express your sexuality with your father, just tell him: He will get over it sooner or later; but if you need the relationship to work for the time being: Don't tell him now, tell him when you must or you think telling him would be more stable.


Don't fucking tell me to "Look at my signature", as I have signatures disabled.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

If you need to express your sexuality with your father, just tell him: He will get over it sooner or later; but if you need the relationship to work for the time being: Don't tell him now, tell him when you must or you think telling him would be more stable.

Thanks, you've been quite helpful! It's good to just talk about it without fear tbh. 


My Folding Stats

 

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates
 

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

 

  • CPU
    Ryzen 7 1700 3GHz 8-Core Processor @ 3.7Ghz
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    DOMINATOR Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) @ 3400mhz
  • GPU
    EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 Hybrid, Aorus GTC 1080 Waterforce
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    BenQ - XL2430(144hz), Dell 24" portrait
  • Cooling
    Wraith Spire LED
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

My people would consider this very unpatriotic of me but I'm glad that Australian boxer Jeff Horn defeated conservative Christian boxer Manny Pacquiao. 

Maybe he was too busy praying to fight effectively?  lol

 

I found this a few days ago.  It seems relevant here but I'll put it in a spoiler in case it might offend anyone.  

 

Spoiler

image.jpeg.4a0284f4807763d2d24b420a917b8750.jpeg

It's mostly the part about don't shove your beliefs in my face part that I like.  

 

People who try to force their religious views on me annoy me a lot.   

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Something to consider, fellow buggerers.

Never understood the push for gay marriage. It provides no tangible benefits, only potential negatives.


I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Urishima said:

Something to consider, fellow buggerers.

Never understood the push for gay marriage. It provides no tangible benefits, only potential negatives.

It’s pretty much the only reasonable way I can bring my fiancé into the United States. Did foreign relations ever cross your minds?


The one and only CPU Buyer’s Guide??owl??The LGBT CommunityPower user of Arch Linux

〜 Some day, we’ll all be free 〜 Some day, we’ll live as one family in sweet harmony 〜

 

【㆒ACTIVE】HETEPSENUSRET

CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1900X (CPUMark ~16,018)  RAM: 4× 16GiB G.Skill Trident Z DIMMs, CL16 @ 3200MHz  Motherboard: AORUS X399 Extreme GPU: XFX RX 580 + Zotac GeForce 1050 Ti + XFX RX 560 4GB Storage: 2× 1TB Plextor M8Pe PCIe NVMe SSDs + 4× 6TB Seagate IronWolf Pro HDDs  PSU: SeaSonic PRIME 1000W 80+ Titanium modular ATX unit ∫ OS: Crunchbang-like Arch Linux x86-64, Windows 10 Enterprise N LTSB, & BunsenLabs Helium (Debian derivative)

【RETIRED】HENEN–NESW

CPU: Intel Core i3–6100 (CPUMark ~5,474)  RAM: 1× 16GiB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 DIMMs, CL12 @ 2400MHz  Motherboard: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming mainboard  Storage: Intel 535 Series 240GB SATA III SSD  PSU: SeaSonic 400W 80+ Platinum fanless modular ATX unit  Display: 27” 1440p 16:9 ASUS PB278Q IPS LCD + 43” 2160p 16:9 LG 43UD79-B IPS LCD  Keyboard: Qisan Magicforce 68-key backlit keyboard + Cherry MX Brown switches Mouse: Microsoft IntelliMouse Classic OS: Crunchbang-like Arch Linux x86-64 + Windows 10 Enterprise N LTSB

【㆒ACTIVE】AMENEMHET (Lenovo ThinkPad X240)

CPU: Intel Core i5-4300U (CPUMark ~3,741) RAM: 8GiB soldered DDR3L RAM Storage: Unknown 256GB SATA III SSD Display: 12.5” 1080p 16:9 built-in TN LCD OS: Arch Linux + Windows 10 Enterprise N LTSB

【㆒BROKEN】SENUSRET II (Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga)

CPU: Intel Core i5-7300U (CPUMark ~5,132) RAM: 16GiB soldered DDR4 RAM Storage: Samsung 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD Display: 14” 1440p 16:9 built-in OLED multitouch LCD OS: Arch Linux + Windows 10 Enterprise N LTSB

【RETIRED】SENUSRET (Lenovo ThinkPad S1 Yoga)

CPU: Intel Core i5-4200U (CPUMark ~3,267) RAM: 8GiB soldered DDR3L RAM Storage: Unknown 128GB SATA III SSD Display: 12.5” 1080p 16:9 built-in IPS multitouch LCD OS: RemixOS (Android for PC), version 3.0.207

【RETIRED】TYRE

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 (CPUMark ~2,826)  Motherboard: Gateway/Acer OEM, µATX-compatible proprietary forme factor RAM: 4× 2GiB Green-PCB Generic DDR2 DIMMs  Storage: 500GB WD Green replacement HDD OS: Microsoft Windows Vista SP2

【RETIRED】WASET (Sony VAIO)

CPU: Intel Core i5–2450M (CPUMark ~3,404)  RAM: 2× 4GiB Green-PCB Samsung DDR3 SODIMMs  Storage: Intel 520 Series “Cherryville” 120GB SSD + WD Black 2.5” 750GB HDD  Display: 14” 768p 16:9 built-in TN LCD  OS: Crunchbang-like Arch Linux x86-64

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Urishima said:

Something to consider, fellow buggerers.

Never understood the push for gay marriage. It provides no tangible benefits, only potential negatives.

Fuck off

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Niemand said:

Fuck off

and you think that’s showing anybody anything? No counterargument, no rebuttal… nothing? Don’t expect people to do anything but laugh at that.


The one and only CPU Buyer’s Guide??owl??The LGBT CommunityPower user of Arch Linux

〜 Some day, we’ll all be free 〜 Some day, we’ll live as one family in sweet harmony 〜

 

【㆒ACTIVE】HETEPSENUSRET

CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1900X (CPUMark ~16,018)  RAM: 4× 16GiB G.Skill Trident Z DIMMs, CL16 @ 3200MHz  Motherboard: AORUS X399 Extreme GPU: XFX RX 580 + Zotac GeForce 1050 Ti + XFX RX 560 4GB Storage: 2× 1TB Plextor M8Pe PCIe NVMe SSDs + 4× 6TB Seagate IronWolf Pro HDDs  PSU: SeaSonic PRIME 1000W 80+ Titanium modular ATX unit ∫ OS: Crunchbang-like Arch Linux x86-64, Windows 10 Enterprise N LTSB, & BunsenLabs Helium (Debian derivative)

【RETIRED】HENEN–NESW

CPU: Intel Core i3–6100 (CPUMark ~5,474)  RAM: 1× 16GiB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 DIMMs, CL12 @ 2400MHz  Motherboard: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming mainboard  Storage: Intel 535 Series 240GB SATA III SSD  PSU: SeaSonic 400W 80+ Platinum fanless modular ATX unit  Display: 27” 1440p 16:9 ASUS PB278Q IPS LCD + 43” 2160p 16:9 LG 43UD79-B IPS LCD  Keyboard: Qisan Magicforce 68-key backlit keyboard + Cherry MX Brown switches Mouse: Microsoft IntelliMouse Classic OS: Crunchbang-like Arch Linux x86-64 + Windows 10 Enterprise N LTSB

【㆒ACTIVE】AMENEMHET (Lenovo ThinkPad X240)

CPU: Intel Core i5-4300U (CPUMark ~3,741) RAM: 8GiB soldered DDR3L RAM Storage: Unknown 256GB SATA III SSD Display: 12.5” 1080p 16:9 built-in TN LCD OS: Arch Linux + Windows 10 Enterprise N LTSB

【㆒BROKEN】SENUSRET II (Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga)

CPU: Intel Core i5-7300U (CPUMark ~5,132) RAM: 16GiB soldered DDR4 RAM Storage: Samsung 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD Display: 14” 1440p 16:9 built-in OLED multitouch LCD OS: Arch Linux + Windows 10 Enterprise N LTSB

【RETIRED】SENUSRET (Lenovo ThinkPad S1 Yoga)

CPU: Intel Core i5-4200U (CPUMark ~3,267) RAM: 8GiB soldered DDR3L RAM Storage: Unknown 128GB SATA III SSD Display: 12.5” 1080p 16:9 built-in IPS multitouch LCD OS: RemixOS (Android for PC), version 3.0.207

【RETIRED】TYRE

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 (CPUMark ~2,826)  Motherboard: Gateway/Acer OEM, µATX-compatible proprietary forme factor RAM: 4× 2GiB Green-PCB Generic DDR2 DIMMs  Storage: 500GB WD Green replacement HDD OS: Microsoft Windows Vista SP2

【RETIRED】WASET (Sony VAIO)

CPU: Intel Core i5–2450M (CPUMark ~3,404)  RAM: 2× 4GiB Green-PCB Samsung DDR3 SODIMMs  Storage: Intel 520 Series “Cherryville” 120GB SSD + WD Black 2.5” 750GB HDD  Display: 14” 768p 16:9 built-in TN LCD  OS: Crunchbang-like Arch Linux x86-64

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Niemand said:

Fuck off

What a compelling argument. Got any more 'wisdom' to share?

 

[EDIT]

 

I should clarify that I don't believe that marriage is something desireable in general.


I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Niemand said:

Fuck off

That's all ya gonna say? Come on, now.


Officially LTT's 'coolest' member (yes, that's a pun)

The w is pronounced like v, if you're wondering!

Please quote me so I can see that you replied.

 

Gaming keyboards are a ripoff.

 

Be proud of who you are.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Urishima said:

Something to consider, fellow buggerers.

Never understood the push for gay marriage. It provides no tangible benefits, only potential negatives.

Well, this is pretty much just an argument against marriage as an instituation rather than an argument against gay marriage specifically. 

The problem with the argument raised is that being a regular couple doesn't grant you the same rights as a married couple in a lot of places. 

Thereby excluding gay and lesbians from marriage means excluding them from certain rights. 

 

For example, where I live a spouse have automatic rights to inheritance, while your girlfriend/boyfriend doesn't have that right. 

That's pretty much the only reason why I got married to begin with. So that my wife would have full rights to whatever I own. 

In case were weren't married I could write up a will, but that could be contested in court by my family members, leading to a long legal case and therefor uncertainty.


Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×