LGBT community

carguy86

New to the Forum. I came out 8 years ago, when I was 21. I'll never forget telling my mom. I was so nervous and she didn't know why. When I finally found the courage to say the words "I'm Gay Mom" her first response was "Oh thank God, I thought you were going to tell me you were dying or something."

Always though found it difficult to be a nerdy gay that is into tech, gaming, Sci-Fi, etc. Don't fit that masc or fem boxes that the community wants to try to fit us all in. How is the LGBT community on the forum? Always wondered if LMG has any LGBT persons in the company although it's really none of my business. Just would be nice to see more LGBT representation in the Tech world. 

1 minute ago, Matt Faustini said:

New to the Forum. I came out 8 years ago, when I was 21. I'll never forget telling my mom. I was so nervous and she didn't know why. When I finally found the courage to say the words "I'm Gay Mom" her first response was "Oh thank God, I thought you were going to tell me you were dying or something."

Always though found it difficult to be a nerdy gay that is into tech, gaming, Sci-Fi, etc. Don't fit that masc or fem boxes that the community wants to try to fit us all in. How is the LGBT community on the forum? Always wondered if LMG has any LGBT persons in the company although it's really none of my business. Just would be nice to see more LGBT representation in the Tech world. 

The people on this thread tend to range from very relaxed and kinda "don't care but I am [insert whatever]" to unabashedly [insert said whatever]. 

I'm well into the former category.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

3 hours ago, Matt Faustini said:

Aww, that's cute. I wish I had a cute coming out story like that, though I am glad at least my parents don't seem to mind, and have since become much more tolerant and understanding towards the LGBT community (Both are still very transphobic and do not understand or want to understand both non binary gender and non binary sex, though I will try and educate them on that)

Always though found it difficult to be a nerdy gay that is into tech, gaming, Sci-Fi, etc. Don't fit that masc or fem boxes that the community wants to try to fit us all in.

Be who you want to be, and do not allow anyone to tell you otherwise. 

How is the LGBT community on the forum? Always wondered if LMG has any LGBT persons in the company although it's really none of my business. Just would be nice to see more LGBT representation in the Tech world. 

The tech industry is pretty open and safe towards the gay community IMO, though I have heard of people who have had issues with former workplaces and such. Most of my gay friends (including myself) work or study in the tech industry.

I honestly want to live in a world where sexual orientation is not looked down on by other people. It's years away, which is unfortunate, but we will eventually get there.

23 hours ago, captain_to_fire said:

have you watched Code Geass before? 

I haven't. Looks interesting. I liked Last Hope on Netflix so I bet I'd like that too. In regards to futurist robot fighting stuff. 

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

On 12/4/2018 at 8:24 AM, handymanshandle said:

C4xHn.png

You post a nice thumbnail, but no link?

How dare you :D

sauce plz...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I prolly won't come out any time at all, I'll just try to hide it for as long as I can

🙂

57 minutes ago, duncannah said:

I prolly won't come out any time at all, I'll just try to hide it for as long as I can

Come out when you are ready, but please remember, you cannot be your full self when you are hiding who you are.

*Hugs tightly*

If I could point y'all back to page like 733, you'll see some interesting relics and what kicked off the relationship between @handymanshandle and I

Page 701 also has some importance

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

1 hour ago, captain_to_fire said:

It’s nice when one of your exes call you out of the blue to cheer you up. It’s nice to be friends with your ex when you two ended things well. 

Are they the ex that you didn't like them introducing you to their current partner as their ex?

4 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

Are they the ex that you didn't like them introducing you to their current partner as their ex?

Nope. It’s a different one. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

1 minute ago, captain_to_fire said:

*snip*

Last Windows update fucked me over because it somehow enable a "feature" in Windows Defender that made it impossible to save files from Chrome and wouldn't let me play some games ... "Controlled folder access"

Took me almost 10 days to find the culprit! And BTW, disabling Defender didn't disable that "feature", so at first it seemed like Defender wasn't the issue! :(

Thank you, Mister Lets-Enable-That-Option-After-This-Update, I still don't understand why Windows 10 overwrites some settings and preferences when updating. It's annoying as hell (I even have deferred updates enable to avoid as much of this crap as possible, yet, here we are!).

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

48 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

Thank you, Mister Lets-Enable-That-Option-After-This-Update, I still don't understand why Windows 10 overwrites some settings and preferences when updating. It's annoying as hell (I even have deferred updates enable to avoid as much of this crap as possible, yet, here we are!).

Speaking of the things the 1809 update has changed is Windows Defender. It's now turned on by default even with another antivirus installed (it has disabled real time protection) which is a pain in the butt because it's another process in the background. Pre-1809, it has a feature called limited periodic scanning which can be disabled. Now it can't. ?

Screenshot (392).png

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

4 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

Last Windows update fucked me over because it somehow enable a "feature" in Windows Defender that made it impossible to save files from Chrome and wouldn't let me play some games ... "Controlled folder access"

Took me almost 10 days to find the culprit! And BTW, disabling Defender didn't disable that "feature", so at first it seemed like Defender wasn't the issue! :(

microsoft-windows-update-smooth-running-

LGBT. The B in LGBT means there are only two genders.

5 minutes ago, Speed Weed said:

...LGBT. The B in LGBT means there are only two genders...

That may have been the original intent but that doesn't make it true. Also, the B refers to sexual identity, not gender identity. "Gender", sexual identity, and gender identity are not the same nor are they binary.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!