LGBT community

carguy86
14 hours ago, Volbet said:

Where I'm from they're pretty much the same thing. Most bars that caters to gays or lesbians tend to cater to the whole LGBT crowd.

A lot of the gay bars are even frequented by straight people.

Where I live (Minnesota) there are a couple of LGBT bars. But two that come to mind describe that dynamic there is the Saloon which is a gay bar that caters to gay or bi guys only really, then there is the Gay 90s and they have a pretty large preponderance of straight people for a supposed gay bar.

My car's locking mechanism has seized up, and my finger really hurts because of it. Not fun.

Going to Supercheap tomorrow, to get a set of torx screw drivers, and lithium grease.

2 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

My car's locking mechanism has seized up, and my finger really hurts because of it. Not fun.

Going to Supercheap tomorrow, to get a set of torx screw drivers, and lithium grease.

Hopefully, it wasn't the ignition lock

5 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

At least you didn't brute force it.

3 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

Had to completely replace the locks on mine because AAA fucked them up when I locked my keys in the car. Actually, only fixed the driver's door because I'm poor.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

19 minutes ago, WhiteJaguar77 said:

Had to completely replace the locks on mine because AAA fucked them up when I locked my keys in the car. Actually, only fixed the driver's door because I'm poor.

Not the keys, the actuator unit. Didn't lube it up after I repaired it a month ago. Such a cock head thing to do, if I had of done it correctly the 1st time, it would be fine, but no, I did it incorrectly.

25 minutes ago, TheCryoknight said:

Hopefully, it wasn't the ignition lock

No, just what allows the car to unlock. However, that would give me a reason to do a BA to BF conversion with my car.

24 minutes ago, Daring said:

At least you didn't brute force it.

Would hate if I killed my car.

8 hours ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

hmmm have wanted to go to one for a long time but can never get the courage up to :(

I got the courage to go to a lesbian bar when I was going to go with a friend. Zero confidence if I decided to go alone. xD

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

5 hours ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Not sure actually. @colonel_mortis might know. He's probably also busy.

Newbie: 0
Member: 25
Veteran: 1000
Fanatic: 10,000
Maniacal: 100,000

Those the ones you're asking about?

HTTP/2 203

23 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Those the ones you're asking about?

The green ones in the profile 

9D6CAB6B-5F13-4B09-8D84-49F742F5927A.jpeg

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

3 hours ago, Jamiec1130 said:

So we're finally to 1300 pages. Wow. 

Plus 20+ pages deleted/hidden so that’ll be 1320 ?

6 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

The green ones in the profile 

9D6CAB6B-5F13-4B09-8D84-49F742F5927A.jpeg

Those ones are deliberately not published anywhere, so you have to make constructive posts to increase your rep to see all of those (though I would be impressed if anyone ever manages to hit the top tier).

HTTP/2 203

Just now, colonel_mortis said:

Those ones are deliberately not published anywhere, so you have to make constructive posts to increase your rep to see all of those (though I would be impressed if anyone ever manages to hit the top tier).

Thank you very much 

2 hours ago, Volbet said:

The worst that'll happen is that you're encouraged to sing along loudly to a cheesy `80's song.

What’s wrong with a cheesy 80’s song? Granted I sing “Bring Me To Life” and “My Immortal” a lot which is soundtrack of that awful 2003 movie “Daredevil”, and, lately singing Michael Bolton’s “Said I Love You But I Lied” has been very satisfying at least on a private karaoke bar. 

2 hours ago, Cinnabar Sonar said:

Just goes to show that this community is largely awesome.

Or the mods are awesome...

Well that too 

2 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

What’s wrong with a cheesy 80’s song? Granted I sing “Bring Me To Life” and “My Immortal” a lot which is soundtrack of that awful 2003 movie “Daredevil”, and, lately singing Michael Bolton’s “Said I Love You But I Lied” has been very satisfying at least on a private karaoke bar. 

There's absolutely nothing wrong with cheesy ´80's music. 

I have been known to break into terrible renditions of Donna Summers if I've had a few too many drinks.  

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

14 minutes ago, Volbet said:

There's absolutely nothing wrong with cheesy ´80's music. 

I have been known to break into terrible renditions of Donna Summers if I've had a few too many drinks.  

Some old songs I like singing in a karaoke bar despite having a somehow tone deaf voice:  

• Dancing Queen by Abba 
  • Man In The Mirror by Michael Jackson 
  • I Started A Joke by Bee Gees 
  • Total Eclipse of the Heart by Bonnie Tyler 
  • An others... 

And I think with that I just embarrassed myself ?

50 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

Some old songs I like singing in a karaoke bar despite having a somehow tone deaf voice:  

The last time I found myself in a karaoke bar I ended up belting out Don't Stop Believing by Journey. 

It's a terrible song that was only made worse by my peacock like crooning. 

2 minutes ago, Volbet said:

The last time I found myself in a karaoke bar I ended up belting out Don't Stop Believing by Journey. 

It's a terrible song that was only made worse by my peacock like crooning. 

I didn't realize that karaoke bars are a thing in Europe as well. I myself also don't like that Journey song and I don't know why. 

1 minute ago, hey_yo_ said:

I didn't realize that karaoke bars are a thing in Europe as well. I myself also don't like that Journey song and I don't know why. 

They're not a very big thing, but they do exist. It's also somewhat popular to do karaoke at private parties. 

Although, when I gave my interpretation of Steve Perry I was in South Korea, which was all kinds of fun. 

The only thing I haven't really liked about karaoke bars in Japan, China and South Korea is that they seemed to be focused on private booths rather than public "performances".

If I'm going to embarrass myself I better be able to do it in front of a crowd.

How are the bars in the Philippines, by the way? 

1 minute ago, Volbet said:

How are the bars in the Philippines, by the way? 

Karaoke bars are popular here. We have private karaoke bars that constantly update their song lists and sometimes it comes in packages. Bring five to six people and you'll have a private karaoke bar that is air conditioned, with a soft big couch and sometimes unlimited beers and discounts for stuff like margarita, etc for only $50-60 or more. There are the cheaper ones that are public and open for as low as $20 that included beer but the crappy kind of beer. In public beach resorts karaoke tends to be very cheap at $10 or less or sometimes free.

5 minutes ago, Volbet said:

The only thing I haven't really liked about karaoke bars in Japan, China and South Korea is that they seemed to be focused on private booths rather than public "performances".

I don't know about those countries since I haven't been there but based from experience and this is me generalizing a bit is that we Asians love to sing but tend to be easily embarrassed so I guess private karaoke bars are more of a way to sing without embarrassing one's self like in my case, a tone deaf voice.

One friend of mine told me that formal voice lessons can fix a tone deaf singing voice but I doubt it and I don't think it will still work on someone who is already 26. Same goes for guitar lessons. My first boyfriend tried to teach me but my fingers are stiff so we both gave up teaching me. That's why I have a huge admiration to people who can sing properly and play a guitar or a piano at the same time.

15 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

One friend of mine told me that formal voice lessons can fix a tone deaf singing voice but I doubt it and I don't think it will still work on someone who is already 26. Same goes for guitar lessons. My first boyfriend tried to teach me but my fingers are stiff so we both gave up teaching me. That's why I have a huge admiration to people who can sing properly and play a guitar or a piano at the same time.

In my experience most people can learn to sing pretty competently. 

Being tone deaf is something you can easily be taught out of and 90% of singing lies in breath control and power. 

I'm not saying everyone can learn to be Freddie Mercury, buy most people can be taught to at least be able to have some impact when they open up their windpipes. 

Guitar is really an instrument that you learn to play and then you have to keep on playing.

If haven't practiced my guitar playing for a couple of weeks, my fingers will also get all stiff and I have to do some pretty intense practice to get them back into shape. 

15 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

Karaoke bars are popular here. We have private karaoke bars that constantly update their song lists and sometimes it comes in packages. Bring five to six people and you'll have a private karaoke bar that is air conditioned, with a soft big couch and sometimes unlimited beers and discounts for stuff like margarita, etc for only $50-60 or more. There are the cheaper ones that are public and open for as low as $20 that included beer but the crappy kind of beer. In public beach resorts karaoke tends to be very cheap at $10 or less or sometimes free.

Those $10 - $20 bars sounds just like my cup of tea. 

Unlimited shitty beer and  songs. 

Although, I was once in a karaoke bar Malaysia and all they had were local songs. 

I think that might very well be my most embarrassing karaoke moment: trying to sing a traditional Malay folk song phonetically.  

Can I venture that it's not like that in the Philippines?

2 minutes ago, Volbet said:

I think that might very well be my most embarrassing karaoke moment: trying to sing a traditional Malay folk song phonetically.  

My father owns a CD of Russian and Spanish songs before and even if I don't understand anything, I kinda like it back when I was young. xD

Man you've traveled a lot. I've only been to US (mostly just LA), Singapore, Hong Kong and Macau (China doesn't treat them as independent states unfortunately). I'm going back to HK and the province of Shenzhen, China this December and hopefully Australia and Canada but I think I'm pretty much limited to BC area because we only have direct flights to Vancouver and someone in the forum pointed that going by plane from BC to Winnipeg or Quebec would cost $600. Ouch! 

10 minutes ago, Volbet said:

Guitar is really an instrument that you learn to play and then you have to keep on playing.

If haven't practiced my guitar playing for a couple of weeks, my fingers will also get all stiff and I have to do some pretty intense practice to get them back into shape. 

So basically playing guitar is kinda like working out in a gym? If someone doesn't work out for too long, the muscles will undergo wasting and shrink. I remember him teaching me C# chord.

12 minutes ago, Volbet said:

In my experience most people can learn to sing pretty competently. 

Being tone deaf is something you can easily be taught out of and 90% of singing lies in breath control and power. 

I'm not saying everyone can learn to be Freddie Mercury, buy most people can be taught to at least be able to have some impact when they open up their windpipes. 

I wonder if videos like this actually work

10 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

According to the pcsx2 wiki site, the game is playable. What settings are you using?

I’m no longer home, next time I am, I’ll let you know 

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

4 hours ago, Volbet said:

Can I venture that it's not like that in the Philippines?

Only a few people here sing traditional folk songs and it's mostly sang by singers in 3 or 4 star hotels to entertain guests. Most folk songs are only sang either by old people or in elementary/high school.

Perhaps the most embarrassing karaoke scene most people do is get drunk, reminisce that heart ache mostly due to a bad breakup, pick a  sad breakup related song (like this one or this one), singing in a slurred voice but loudly, cry in front of friends, then throw up, and voila someone is blackout drunk. :P