LGBT community

carguy86
Just now, LordMMX said:

I guess furcon is place where people like you meet. and my point is, you are not offending other people at that place. 

Right, because it'll be full of other furries :P 

2 minutes ago, Daring said:

Right, because it'll be full of other furries :P 

well, good for you. have fun at that con. 

Daewoo Lanos 1.5L 8V, 1998, green = Better graphics than NFS in VR. 

Otherwise my daily rig is some oem pcchips motherboard with intel 486-dx2 in it overclocked to 100mhz and watercooled with astonishing 24MB RAM and superb S3 Virge DX graphics with 4MB of VRAM for best performance in heavy 3D apps and games and with 850mb WD Caviar 4200RPM HDD for maximum storage space and speed.

Running  Windows 95 OSR2.5 with IE4 for amazing internet browsing experience

all this in glorious desktop case in elephant bone color. 

5 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I totally see where you're coming from dude. I don't express my opinion on the whole pride thing with anyone, especially my friends from high school because they take it as a personal attack when its just me sharing an opinion that is not totally in opposition to their own. 

If you want to be gay, just be gay. If you wanna be trans, thats cool too. Not my cup of tea but you do you. 

I don't understand why, at least in the United States, you need a parade to feel accepted but if that's what you think you need, go for it. Won't catch me there.

Dude you need to chill.

Bingo. The best way to be accepted into being normal is acting the part and not making yourself loud and annoying to the majority.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

I don't understand why, at least in the United States, you need a parade to feel accepted

Maybe because literally only four years ago in the United States, was same sex marriage available nationally?  Even then in the aftermath various law makers and civil servants made every effort they could to stop access to such things?  Because some kids in all parts of the United States risk being thrown out of their home or worse if they come out to their parents?  Because a majority of US states it's legal to fire or evict someone for being gay?  ...I could go on but but if you can't 'understand why' from these points, you likely will never understand.

Just remember, maybe you've enjoyed a good amount of acceptance in your life or maybe even you're just comfortable being at least some degree in the closet, but this isn't true for everyone and there are individuals across the United States who live in a wide range of different social circumstances that are different than your own.

4 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Maybe because literally only four years ago in the United States, was same sex marriage available nationally?  Even then in the aftermath various law makers and civil servants made every effort they could to stop access to such things?  Because some kids in all parts of the United States risk being thrown out of their home or worse if they come out to their parents?  Because a majority of US states it's legal to fire or evict someone for being gay?  ...I could go on but but if you can't 'understand why' from these points, you likely will never understand.

Just remember, maybe you've enjoyed a good amount of acceptance in your life or maybe even you're just comfortable being at least some degree in the closet, but this isn't true for everyone and there are individuals across the United States who live in a wide range of different social circumstances that are different than your own.

seems like LGBT pride in US is so much different to LGBT pride here... meanwhile pride in US is meant for fighting to get some rights, here it looks like this:

http://svobodnenoviny.eu/prague-pride-jsem-uchyl-ja-nebo-oni/ ... they just show off , they don't fight for anything. just look at that post, it's from last year from prague. 

and tell me, do you think that is okay? does that put positive light on whole idea ?

Otherwise my daily rig is some oem pcchips motherboard with intel 486-dx2 in it overclocked to 100mhz and watercooled with astonishing 24MB RAM and superb S3 Virge DX graphics with 4MB of VRAM for best performance in heavy 3D apps and games and with 850mb WD Caviar 4200RPM HDD for maximum storage space and speed.

1 minute ago, LordMMX said:

and tell me, do you think that is okay?

Both the United States and Canada are built on ideals of freedom of expression.  I see that you want to argue against freedom of expression but if that's something you oppose, I really can't change your mind, can I?

Just now, AshleyAshes said:

Both the United States and Canada are built on ideals of freedom of expression.  I see that you want to argue against freedom of expression but if that's something you oppose, I really can't change your mind, can I?

oh, I'm trying to show you how bad it looks in my country which is not canada or US. freedom of expression is one thing, but when you are offending other people with it, it's not okay. just, look at that link. prides here are far away from what you see in US and Canada. 

and you should see how Russians treat LGBT people... I think that's the other side of extreme. [one side is too much freedom and other side is no freedom at all] .  

20 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Because some kids in all parts of the United States risk being thrown out of their home or worse if they come out to their parents? 

I do have issues at home to the point where I can't have a girlfriend until I move out. I'd rather not keep a relationship a secret anymore. With how expensive it is here to live on your own...that dream won't be for a while.  :|

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

3 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Yeah, you appear not to know what 'Freedom of expression' means.

I agree.

Spoiler

People get too easily offended now a days anyway which is sad.

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

13 minutes ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

I agree.

Reveal hidden contents

People get too easily offended now a days anyway which is sad.

Trying hard not to make a joke here.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

1 hour ago, WhiteJaguar77 said:

I do have issues at home to the point where I can't have a girlfriend until I move out. I'd rather not keep a relationship a secret anymore. With how expensive it is here to live on your own...that dream won't be for a while.  :|

Unfortunately for me all of my relationships even when I dated a lady back when I was confused, they’re all secret. Only a few friends knew who I dated. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

33 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

Unfortunately for me all of my relationships even when I dated a lady back when I was confused, they’re all secret. Only a few friends knew who I dated. 

For me it was bad enough to where I had to be drunk to tell these kinds of secrets to my close friends. I'm that hidden. 

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

3 hours ago, WhiteJaguar77 said:

For me it was bad enough to where I had to be drunk to tell these kinds of secrets to my close friends. I'm that hidden. 

I'm still closeted to my family. I'm not super proud of that, but they're also very conservative and religious.

4 minutes ago, Force.Sensitive.Squirrel said:

Looks like y'all could have used some of this earlier.

anti-hate-shields.gif

It happens but it's not too terribly frequent.  Would be hand to have a 'bat signal' for those times though.

My family doesn't give a shit that I'm gay. I mean, 8 years ago...

...fuck, 2009's been that long ago?

Anyway, 8 years ago, we went out to Colorado to attend the gay wedding of one of my cousins.

10 minutes ago, Force.Sensitive.Squirrel said:

I'm still closeted to my family. I'm not super proud of that, but they're also very conservative and religious.

It's an unfortunate reality for too many, really.  And it's things like that which are why it's good to include LGBT characters in video games or TV or other media.  It's things like that why people march with rainbow flags.  Hell it's why there's a flag in my window.  It makes it seen and known.

I'm sure some would argue that people shouldn't have to be 'out' and that 'sexuality is a private thing' but in so many ways it's not.  Even just a casual conversation with co-workers friends can contain something like 'My girlfriend saw the cutest dog yesterday' or anything else that which defines their sexuality in the process.  It creates scenarios where those in heterosexual relationships are free to include their relationships as conversation topics where as those in homosexual relationships are not.

We're in a world where, even in some of the most liberal places, being in the closet in some or all areas of life is 'convenient' and that's not the way the world should work.  It's quite simply not fair.

8 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

It happens but it's not too terribly frequent.  Would be hand to have a 'bat signal' for those times though.

hmmmmm

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

10 minutes ago, Force.Sensitive.Squirrel said:

Its like that with me too. I wouldn't dare come out to them ever. At the very least while i'm living at home. I would definitely get the boot immediately. At least there are a few people who don't care but sadly they have no pull. Ah well someday

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

RAINBOWS!!!

4 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

It's an unfortunate reality for too many, really.  And it's things like that which are why it's good to include LGBT characters in video games or TV or other media.  It's things like that why people march with rainbow flags.  Hell it's why there's a flag in my window.  It makes it seen and known.

I'm sure some would argue that people shouldn't have to be 'out' and that 'sexuality is a private thing' but in so many ways it's not.  Even just a casual conversation with co-workers friends can contain something like 'My girlfriend saw the cutest dog yesterday' or anything else that which defines their sexuality in the process.  It creates scenarios where those in heterosexual relationships are free to include their relationships as conversation topics where as those in homosexual relationships are not.

We're in a world where, even in some of the most liberal places, being in the closet in some or all areas of life is 'convenient' and that's not the way the would should work.  It's quite simply not fair.

I agree 100%. It's something I really struggle with.

tbh my parents like the fact that I spend thousands on computers a year and always have less than $100 in my bank account less than the fact that I'm gay :P