LGBT community

carguy86
57 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

Ryzen 7 delidding videos looks more interesting than Intel delidding videos

What makes this more interesting?  I haven't seen any delidding videos before this just now btw.

Why didn't he show if it still works?    The suspense is killing me.  lol

13 minutes ago, Niemand said:

I'll have all of them wrath thanks

adorable =)

Wrath?

Yeah she (pretty sure it's she) and this are.  I'm not sure I've ever seen a child so happy. ?

I feel like I might've seen this before.  Is this considered hardcore for Canadians?  lol

image.png

19 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Wrath?

The Turkie

4 minutes ago, Niemand said:

The Turkie

My first thought was yes we all love to eat turkey but then I realized how horribly wrong that could sound in this case.  ? ?

Man. Young Steve Jobs is actually a good looking one. ?

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Wow, TF2 got downgraded af over the last 10 years. The 2007 version looks significantly better.

58 minutes ago, Daring said:

Wow, TF2 got downgraded af over the last 10 years. The 2007 version looks significantly better.

How is it possible for it to get worse?  lol

14 minutes ago, Daring said:

I made a meme of myself dying in GTA.

Interesting, I got an advert instead of that YouTube video.

Screenshot_2017-07-02-14-06-21-27.thumb.png.fe8872a40cf01f0e7ce346b6c8c06080.png

My people would consider this very unpatriotic of me but I'm glad that Australian boxer Jeff Horn defeated conservative Christian boxer Manny Pacquiao. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Howdy folks, so i have been questioning myself where or not i wanted to post here. Basically I'm Bisexual, but haven't really come out to anyone as of yet. I have had a number of... experiences should we say with guys in the past but my family aren't the most accepting of differences. Anyone willing to tell me some coming out stories/tips?

cheers! 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

6 minutes ago, Ben Quigley said:

Howdy folks, so i have been questioning myself where or not i wanted to post here. Basically I'm Bisexual, but haven't really come out to anyone as of yet. I have had a number of... experiences should we say with guys in the past but my family aren't the most accepting of differences. Anyone willing to tell me some coming out stories/tips?

cheers! 

I told my mum earlier this year, Immediately after I told her, she asked if I was dating someone who is a friend of mine, which was wrong and was quite awkward. I have since stated that I don't want her to talk about my relationships to her quite yet, and she hasn't asked since.

But now she tells me whenever a gay couple is on Grand Designs, and the other day, she told me an uncle that her father had that commited suicide (the 1st time she had ever mentioned him), who was also gay, - which being gay was irrelevant to why he died, but she made it sound like that was the reason.

I haven't told my dad, I am probably going to email him that, not that I am scared of him knowing (I think he already knows and has been trying to give me hints to say it), but I don't know how to say it.

1 minute ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

I told my mum earlier this year, Immediately after I told her, she asked if I was dating someone who is a friend of mine, which was wrong and was quite awkward. I have since stated that I don't want her to talk about my relationships to her quite yet, and she hasn't asked since.

But now she tells me whenever a gay couple is on Grand Designs, and the other day, she told me an uncle that her father had that commited suicide (the 1st time she had ever mentioned him), who was also gay, - which being gay was irrelevant to why he died, but she made it sound like that was the reason.

I haven't told my dad, I am probably going to email him that, not that I am scared of him knowing (I think he already knows and has been trying to give me hints to say it), but I don't know how to say it.

Cheers for that, it's my dad and younger brother that most concern me. My dad is an Irish decedent farmer.... very, men are hard working and have wives who cook for them kinda thing. My brother is a very manly man who goes weight lifting and comes out with comments such as 'gay people aren't natural' and 'If my family was gay I don't think I could speak to them'... so you know... not really a good place to be in. 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

5 minutes ago, Ben Quigley said:

Cheers for that, it's my dad and younger brother that most concern me. My dad is an Irish decedent farmer.... very, men are hard working and have wives who cook for them kinda thing. My brother is a very manly man who goes weight lifting and comes out with comments such as 'gay people aren't natural' and 'If my family was gay I don't think I could speak to them'... so you know... not really a good place to be in. 

I don't know. If you have your own place, so don't live with your parents, you are going to be fine, they may avoid you for a bit if they have anything against being gay and the LGBT community, but they will likely get over themselves and forgive you eventually. But if you live with them, you have to worry about the culture that they might provide after they get told, or how they may react; like kick you out temporarily.

Distance might be the way you want to tell them, like calling them, texting them or sending them an email, that makes you safe from verbal and physical attacks, and it might be easier since you cannot see them, but in-person is also a good way of doing it, they can see the need in your eyes and might be more respectful and understanding of you.

There is no right of coming out, there is just a lot of things you need to consider before you do it.

1 minute ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

I don't know. If you have your own place, so don't live with your parents, you are going to be fine, they may avoid you for a bit if they have anything against being gay and the LGBT community, but they will likely get over themselves and forgive you eventually. But if you live with them, you have to worry about the culture that they might provide after they get told, or how they may react; like kick you out temporarily.

Distance might be the way you want to tell them, like calling them, texting them or sending them an email, that makes you safe from verbal and physical attacks, and it might be easier since you cannot see them, but in-person is also a good way of doing it, they can see the need in your eyes and might be more respectful and understanding of you.

There is no right of coming out, there is just a lot of things you need to consider before you do it.

Thanks for that, I live with my mum as I am her carer so that probably won't be/can't change atm. My mum isn't too bad i think shell just take it as it is and not give one, but my brother still lives with us, I don't see my dad very much these days as it is and i really wouldn't want to lose his completely, even if he is a big K**b. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

33 minutes ago, Ben Quigley said:

cheers! 

While I can't comment about myself (straight as an arrow), my sister is bisexual.

She is currently married to a man, but she has dated girls in the past.

She basically just came out by saying she was bisexual when she was 14. 

if I remember correctly she just invited her then partner of for dinner with my parent (and me) and that partner was a girl. 

No questions were asked during the dinner. The day after my mother just asked my sister if she was a lesbian and my sister stated that she was quite certain she was bisexual. 

My dad's only comment was something to the effect of: "I don't care who you're fucking as long as I don't have to participate".

The question about her sexuality was never brought up again by me, my parents or any other members of our family. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

6 minutes ago, Ben Quigley said:

Thanks for that, I live with my mum as I am her carer so that probably won't be/can't change atm. My mum isn't too bad i think shell just take it as it is and not give one, but my brother still lives with us, I don't see my dad very much these days as it is and i really wouldn't want to lose his completely, even if he is a big K**b. 

If you need to express your sexuality with your father, just tell him: He will get over it sooner or later; but if you need the relationship to work for the time being: Don't tell him now, tell him when you must or you think telling him would be more stable.

32 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

If you need to express your sexuality with your father, just tell him: He will get over it sooner or later; but if you need the relationship to work for the time being: Don't tell him now, tell him when you must or you think telling him would be more stable.

Thanks, you've been quite helpful! It's good to just talk about it without fear tbh. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

9 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

My people would consider this very unpatriotic of me but I'm glad that Australian boxer Jeff Horn defeated conservative Christian boxer Manny Pacquiao. 

Maybe he was too busy praying to fight effectively?  lol

I found this a few days ago.  It seems relevant here but I'll put it in a spoiler in case it might offend anyone.  

Spoiler

image.jpeg.4a0284f4807763d2d24b420a917b8750.jpeg

It's mostly the part about don't shove your beliefs in my face part that I like.  

People who try to force their religious views on me annoy me a lot.   

Something to consider, fellow buggerers.

Never understood the push for gay marriage. It provides no tangible benefits, only potential negatives.

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

6 minutes ago, Urishima said:

Something to consider, fellow buggerers.

Never understood the push for gay marriage. It provides no tangible benefits, only potential negatives.

Fuck off

8 minutes ago, Niemand said:

Fuck off

What a compelling argument. Got any more 'wisdom' to share?

[EDIT]

I should clarify that I don't believe that marriage is something desireable in general.

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.