HTC's One E9+ is its latest phablet with a stunning screen, as well as the normal E9

htc-one-E9-Plus.jpg

Oh boy, here comes HTC with more variations on what should have been their flagship phone to begin with. As we can see, it has a Quad HD display as well as 3GB of RAM and a 20mp camera. 

The E9 gets cut down specs. I'm trying to understand why they NEED to make such country specific devices instead of just minimizing how many variations they need off the bat, but oh well. I'm not running their product lines so I can't explain their reasoning. But here they both are. Enjoy? 

6cPt7QW.png

Q4zZnA4.png

jLkNDuF.png

sk3VUsJ.png

htc-one-e9-upleaks.jpg

Just like that, HTC has quietly -- well, maybe unintentionally -- unveiled its latest phablet on its China website. With some minor differences, the One E9+ is pretty much what we saw on the certification database earlier this month. The biggest selling point of this half metal, half plastic device is perhaps its 5.5-inch Quad HD (534 ppi) display, making it the sharpest screen ever used on an HTC phone. Oddly, though, the website's spec sheet states a 1080p resolution, which we'll assume is actually meant for a lesser E9. Likewise with the 2GB of RAM instead of 3GB, as well as the 13-megapixel main camera instead of the 20-megapixel version mentioned on the product page.

If the rest of the specs are correct, we're looking at a 64-bit, octa-core 2GHz MT6795M chipset from MediaTek, 16GB of internal storage, microSD expansion of up to 128GB, dual Nano SIM slots, a 2,800 mAh battery, an UltraPixel front-facing camera and the trademark BoomSound front-facing stereo speakers. And of course, you also get multi-mode LTE along with 802.11ac WiFi. All of these goodies are tucked into a 7.49mm-thick body. Alas, that's all we've got so far; no price nor date just yet, so stay tuned for more.

Guess a new Note 4 rival ?? but I don't think it's camera is that good neither it has that freaking amazing pen.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Hmmm the camera looks worse and a lot more fragile

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

That camera bump is kinda disturbing, the specs looks really awesome , waitng for the price...

Details separate people.

What's the price? Because the only thing it has more than a zenfone 2 is a quad hd display.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

It's surprising to see you write an article about an HTC product without bashung it.

It's surprising to see you write an article about an HTC product without bashung it.

The E9 is what the M9 should've been but for whatever reason wasn't. That failure in product development speaks for itself. 

The iPhone 6 phablet just slapped me in the face.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

So HTC still has to keep the useless HTC bezel even on a larger phone because I'm guessing, "room for components"?

I still don't understand why people want 1440p screens on phones. I'd want better battery life before higher-resolution screens.

So HTC still has to keep the useless HTC bezel even on a larger phone because I'm guessing, "room for components"?

HTC has the oddest fascination with double bezels and needing that stupid border for their name. Sure, Samsung still has their name but funny how they manage the front of it without this stupid double bezel nonsense. 

Galaxy-S6-Vs-S6-Edge.jpg

iPhone_6_PLUS_preview_MG_1875.jpg

That camera bump is horrible.

Please stop with the skinny phones. I want battery life and something that is capable of dispersing heat. 

The bezels are pretty bad, they should do what they did with the original One series except eliminate that hardware buttons and make them software like the current gen stuff. Have the logo at the top of the phone. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Hmmm the camera looks worse and a lot more fragile

And they took notes on Apple's dumbass pop out camera. Also what happened to the cool dual camera from the M8?

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

I still don't understand why people want 1440p screens on phones. I'd want better battery life before higher-resolution screens.

People also didn't understand why anyone would want a 720p display when 480 was a sweetspot. And then people couldn't understand why anyone would want 1080p displays on phone when 720p was a sweetspot.. Give it a year and you'll be wondering why anyone would want a 4k display when 1440p is the sweetspot.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

People also didn't understand why anyone would want a 720p display when 480 was a sweetspot. And then people couldn't understand why anyone would want 1080p displays on phone when 720p was a sweetspot.. Give it a year and you'll be wondering why anyone would want a 4k display when 1440p is the sweetspot.

Eh, I'm fine with 1080p for now. I'd rather see battery life become better before resolutions increase, personally.

Eh, I'm fine with 1080p for now. I'd rather see battery life become better before resolutions increase, personally.

People always say that with everything. It only takes a year or two for them to change their minds. What you're saying applied to every single standard resolution released on a phone, the number of core/ram on a phone, screen size etc.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

People always say that with everything. It only takes a year or two for them to change their minds. What you're saying applied to every single standard resolution released on a phone, the number of core/ram on a phone, screen size etc.

Huh, interesting. But I'd rather see more phones get two or so days out of the battery before 1440p goes mainstream. Maybe even take care of both of those things in one phone, like the Droid Turbo.

Huh, interesting. But I'd rather see more phones get two or so days out of the battery before 1440p goes mainstream. Maybe even take care of both of those things in one phone, like the Droid Turbo.

Battery to, there's been a lot of people that wanted battery progress, didn't really happen. We have like note 4 and LG g3 that could last a day or two with giant batteries.

What's the price? Because the only thing it has more than a zenfone 2 is a quad hd display.

Your obsession with the zenfone 2 lol.

The camera bump right on the edge of the phone is probably gonna make pocketing it super weird. I don't see why companies need to put their brand name on the front of the phone; it's a waste of space and it ruins the look of the phone imo.

Quad HD.... On a phone.....F this

F all the manufacturers

F this world

I'm going to walk into the ocean

1080p is the limit though for sharpness, you can't really see better with more.

Just... No.

It is a phone.  It is a smart phone.  I don't ****ing care.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Guess a new Note 4 rival ?? but I don't think it's camera is that good neither it has that freaking amazing pen.

The MT6795M is a mid range chip, so I don't think this will be a Note 4 rival. It doesn't have a pen either.

1080p is the limit though for sharpness, you can't really see better with more.

Just... No.

People said the same amount 720p... Even at 1440p we still have a long way to go before we truly match our eyes in terms of resolution.

The differences are getting smaller and smaller but they are still there.

The MT6795M is a mid range chip, so I don't think this will be a Note 4 rival. It doesn't have a pen either.

People said the same amount 720p... Even at 1440p we still have a long way to go before we truly match our eyes in terms of resolution.

The differences are getting smaller and smaller but they are still there.

Well you don't see much difference between 1080p and 1440p so I say no, at least improve batteries significantly before upping res.

Well you don't see much difference between 1080p and 1440p so I say no, at least improve batteries significantly before upping res.

Guess what, people also said there wasn't much of a difference between 7,200 and 1080p. And 1440p is definitely sharper than 1080p,just like how 1080p is sharper than 720p