USB Cable Device Descriptor Request Failed (Code 43)

Go to solution Solved by GoodBytes,

USB cable have a max length, and like any other cable, longer it is the higher quality it needs to be. A smaller fault can break the signal or cause issues.

Replace the cable with a shorter one, and see if it works. If it is, then the problem is the long cable.

Hey all, how are you going? :)

Now I have a small problem with a cable I have.
I have a very long (trust me its long) USB to Micro USB so that i could plug in my xbox one controller and play games with it.
It worked when I first bought it but now for some reason my cable stop working and I went into Device Mananger and saw this error.

Device Descriptor Request Failed (code 43)

But when i plug it in with other cables it works fine.
If it helps I am using Windows 8.1 Pro.

Any idea how to fix this as all my other usbs are working fine.

Thankyou in advance.

This is a Windows 8.1 thing. If a USB device doesn't provide what it thinks is a valid USB BOS or any other kind of descriptor it will not enumerate.

There is no way to fix this AFAIK apart from going back to Windows 7 or 8.0.

You say if you use another cable it is fine? My guess is that cable is faulty then.

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

This is a Windows 8.1 thing. If a USB device doesn't provide what it thinks is a valid USB BOS or any other kind of descriptor it will not enumerate.

There is no way to fix this AFAIK apart from going back to Windows 7 or 8.0.

You say if you use another cable it is fine? My guess is that cable is faulty then.

Well it is a cheapy Chinese cable haha :P

Thanks for your help :) 

USB cable have a max length, and like any other cable, longer it is the higher quality it needs to be. A smaller fault can break the signal or cause issues.

Replace the cable with a shorter one, and see if it works. If it is, then the problem is the long cable.