chromebooks, Imacs, alienware..,. a joke?

Bajantechnician

Do you think Chrome books are a joke, Macs are a joke, or alien ware is a joke?

as my friend said...." apple is like thee tobacco industry, they give free computers to schools, so that students grow up using macs. When they need a new computer in the future, these people won't know how to use windows, so they opt for Macbooks.. that is to say, their phones and tables are, in fact, pretty straightforward and uncorrupt.

Choose your pick...

i don't know, Im just pulling stuff out of my butt.... :)

poll, and explain why.... :)

If Apple's school program is like tobacco, then Windows is like crack babies.

Chromebooks are cheap and most people use their $1200 MacBooks as glorified Facebook machines anyway. As such, they thus useful.

MacBooks can be useful, but only the Pro Retina 13 and 15. iMacs, unless you need a 5K screen, are terrible. MacPros are too pricey for what they are. Not a joke, though.

Alienware are joke. Too expensive, ugly, and generally too heavy. Sure they have GPUs, but I don't want one in my laptop. I game on my desktop, not my laptop.

macs: theyre great, they pricey but server their purpose well for their audience

chromebooks: theyre cheap, but server their purpose well for their audience

i have a feeling OP is very single sided with this, you gotta look at it from others' perspectives, not everyone is a gamer with money to drop on high end hardware

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

If Apple is like tobacco, then Windows is like crack babies.

and thats why asus recomends windows...

lol

macs: theyre great, they pricey but server their purpose well for their audience

chromebooks: theyre cheap, but server their purpose well for their audience

i have a feeling OP is very single sided with this, you gotta look at it from others' perspectives, not everyone is a gamer with money to drop on high end hardware

this is true, ill change the topic to suit the stuff :)

All those products have there place for people that want them, and people clearly do. Just because they don't fit your needs it doesn't mean they are bad products or a joke... No I don't own any of these.

I think Microsoft and Apple are a joke, unfortunately I don't have much of a choice between the 2 so eh....

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I wouldn't say that Alienware and Apple computers are a joke per se, however, just that they don't really make sense from a price to performance standpoint. BOTH Alienware and Apple overprice their stuff, and especially with Apple, they gain a following of people who "need" to use Macs or Macbooks because they need to be able to video edit or render, and all they've ever been told and all they've ever known is that Macs are the best for high performance workloads. Which is true (to a certain extent), but though they are very capable and powerful machines, there are other options out there, such as building your own pc, that would get you a lot more performance per dollar, and in most cases would get you a way better machine for the exact same price as a Mac(book). 

At least, thats my take on it.

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

The only one I find useless is Chromebooks.  As much as people like to hate on them, Alienware has their merits, and Apple laptops are some of the best in the world.  Chromebooks just shouldn't exist when we have the HP Stream 13.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

BTW, change macs to 'iMacs' and 'Macbooks' to get a clearer answer. Each has their own different purpose (except the new one, that really is a joke).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

All those products have there place for people that want them, and people clearly do. Just because they don't fit your needs it doesn't mean they are bad products or a joke... No I don't own any of these.

But if you think about it.. what would u want? to buy an alienware,a mac, a chromebook, or a windows....

I wouldn't say that Alienware and Apple computers are a joke per se, however, just that they don't really make sense from a price to performance standpoint. BOTH Alienware and Apple overprice their stuff, and especially with Apple, they gain a following of people who "need" to use Macs or Macbooks because they need to be able to video edit or render, and all they've ever been told and all they've ever known is that Macs are the best for high performance workloads. Which is true (to a certain extent), but though they are very capable and powerful machines, there are other options out there, such as building your own pc, that would get you a lot more performance per dollar, and in most cases would get you a way better machine for the exact same price as a Mac(book). 

lol

The only one I find useless is Chromebooks.  As much as people like to hate on them, Alienware has their merits, and Apple laptops are some of the best in the world.  Chromebooks just shouldn't exist when we have the HP Stream 13.

ic

Alienware laptops are currently the best priced gaming laptops in the market as far as i can tell

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Alienware laptops are currently the best priced gaming laptops in the market as far as i can tell

Um, no?

Cheapest 15 inch Alienware laptop starts at, like, at least 1200 bucks, and something like the Y50 is a good 100 to 200 bucks cheaper for basically the same specs.

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Um, no?

Cheapest 15 inch Alienware laptop starts at, like, at least 1200 bucks, and something like the Y50 is a good 100 to 200 bucks cheaper for basically the same specs.

Graphics card on the AW15 is nicer, and thats what matters for gaming after all. They're the only gaming laptop that's not super over engineered anymore, like MSIs ghost series.

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Graphics card on the AW15 is nicer, and thats what matters for gaming after all. They're the only gaming laptop that's not super over engineered anymore, like MSIs ghost series.

Right, but thats an extra 200 dollars at least just for a slightly faster card. Not worth it at all.

Apple albeit stylish are just over inflated PCs, Alienware used to be great before Dell bought them out years ago, now they are just XPS laptops with the alienware logo, also overinflated.

Chromebooks on the other hand were designed with failure in mind, when the Pixel first came around, google knew it wasnt going to do well, a great laptop running their gimpy version of linux, even the slogan said "For what's next" as if they made the pixel as a theory for what they hand in mind down the road.

What amazed me about apple laptops, is that a LOT of people just dont see that they depricate over the years and are just as obelete when they leave the store as their Windows based counterparts. a Macbook Pro 15 from 2008 can still run just as much as a brand new Windows based laptop.

For Alienware, sure you get a high end system, but the build quality is about as great as you would expect from Dell, in the end, you are just paying for the Alienware name and some fancy LED lighting.

Right, but thats an extra 200 dollars at least just for a slightly faster card. Not worth it at all.

40-50 percent is a pretty damn good increase

The macbook pros, and the mac pro, are ok depending on what you need them for, the rest of their lineup (particularity the macbook) doesn't make much sense.

Chromebooks make no sense with the existence of the HP Stream, no matter what your opinion on HP is.

And I can't say much for Alienwear's notebooks, cause I've not looked into it, but their desktops are just stupid. Particularly when dell themselves sell machines with similar or better specs for much less.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

Be more specific, alienware desktops, yes, iMacs, yes.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9DNjLk I like the night theme, it complements my dark basement. If you are reading this then you must also be a fan of the night theme.

01011011 01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01001000 01100101 01110010 01100101 01011101 

Be more specific, alienware desktops, yes, iMacs, yes.

Yea, laptops are so bloated price wise that pretty much any price point can be justified

Desktops really can not, all in one or otherwise

Um, no?

Yea, laptops are so bloated price wise that pretty much any price point can be justified

Desktops really can not, all in one or otherwise

exactly :)

yup, but alien ware is so overpriced, you could literally get a msi or aeorus one with the same specs, with a 10%discount...