Official MSI GTX 780 Lightning Thread (Pictures/Released Info)

AustinTheIntern

Something special from MSI is coming out tomorrow. 

After watching

video, discuss. 

774451_10152043659303084_1369357423_o.jp

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

Yeah... definitely a GTX 780 Lightning. 
It sort of confirms it when you consider the fact that a 770 Lightning has been released but no 780 Lightning is out, yet. 

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

I'm pretty sure it was at Computex, wasn't it?

wasn't it hung on a wall,and hidden behind a box (those trolling bastards)

yeah I found a pic of it.

MSI-GTX-780-Lightning-21.jpg

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

I'm pretty sure it was at Computex wasn't it?

wasn't it hung on a wall,and hidden behind a box (those trolling bastards)

T'was, wasn't it. 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

thunder makes no sense since soundwaves are much much much slower than light

I'm really looking forward to this card and its benchmarks. On the other hand I hope on a new designed cooler since I'm not really impressed with Twin Frozr 4

144Hz goodness

Since thunder always come after lighting (since light is much faster than sound), if they're renaming it thunder this must be slower than their lightning cards :lol:.

what i dont get is the date, its already 7/8/2013... did they just put that date so it made 780? i just want the card to be released already!!

RIG:|Corsair Obsidion 650d|MSI Mpower Z87| i7-4770k (4Ghz)|Corsair H100 cooler|16Gb corsair dominator platinum 1866Mhz|  EVGA GTX 780 classified (runs at 1240Mhz)| 1200W pc power and cooling silencer mkIII PSU|recon sound blaster champion series| 1Tb WD black| 256Gb Samsung 840 pro| Monitors:| Samsung px2370| ASUS VG248QE| X-star 27" 2560x1440 korean monitor (runs at 100Hz)| other stuff:| Razer black widow ultimate| Razer mamba 2013 edition| Razer Vespula mousepad| Klipsch X10i| Ultrasone Pro750| Harmon/Kardon sound sticks 2| 

what i dont get is the date, its already 7/8/2013... did they just put that date so it made 780? i just want the card to be released already!!

Well, I think they actually mean 7th of august, which in short can be written like 7.8.2013 (day.month.year)

Today we've got the 8th of july so it's 8.7.2013

Otherwise it would make no sense. You've got to wait another 30 days to pick it up

144Hz goodness

They just posted this on their facebook page with this caption: "World Class overclocker Jon “Elmor” Sandström is busy breaking world records at the MSI office with what was inside that box "

1015286_10152027727738084_46414494_o.jpg

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

So we now know it needs 2 8-pin connectors. Should I wait or get myself the gaming edition?

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

If I could afford it I'd have a full Lightning system (MPower + Lightning card).

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I am planning on building a N780 lightning / MPower System with Avexir MPower RAM for the looks. Maybe in september or october. I will post pictures in the build logs section as I start building.

its out guys and it is one hell of a beasty hardware some people got to 1.4Ghz the date it realsed (without watercooling) :o

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

its out guys and it is one hell of a beasty hardware some people got to 1.4Ghz the date it realsed (without watercooling) :o

source, or it didn't happen ;)

I am planning on building a N780 lightning / MPower System with Avexir MPower RAM for the looks. Maybe in september or october. I will post pictures in the build logs section as I start building.

Good luck to u sir ! I've been trying to purchase mpower ram from their website for more than a month without success.. It's like they don't want to be in business...

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

TTL already has one since 780 launch

TTL?

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

TTL?

This guy I'm assuming. I highly doubt he has a lightning. Especially "since 780 launch".

TTL?

TinyTomLogan running Overclock3d.net had a GTX780 Lightning sitting in the background at his first livestream. Of course he could not say that it is a GTX780 Lightning, but if you read between the lines and look closely you could see what that green MSI box with the jet on it was...

BTW: TTL is with Linus my favourite youtuber, because he goes into DEEEEPTH and is really unbiased. He reviewed the Maximus VI Extreme and gave it a Bronze Award, because the bios was crap. First Asus said TTL did things wrong, but later Asus appologized and sent him a secon cherry-picked perfectly working board with fixed bios. And as he already reviewed it he just put it in his queue of products to be revieved and stays unimpressed with Asus appeasement tactics. 

The downside to some of you, he is british. But at least I like the british dialect...

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

TinyTomLogan running Overclock3d.net had a GTX780 Lightning sitting in the background at his first livestream. Of course he could not say that it is a GTX780 Lightning, but if you read between the lines and look closely you could see what that green MSI box with the jet on it was...

BTW: TTL is with Linus my favourite youtuber, because he goes into DEEEEPTH and is really unbiased. He reviewed the Maximus VI Extreme and gave it a Bronze Award, because the bios was crap. First Asus said TTL did things wrong, but later Asus appologized and sent him a secon cherry-picked perfectly working board with fixed bios. And as he already reviewed it he just put it in his queue of products to be revieved and stays unimpressed with Asus appeasement tactics. 

The downside to some of you, he is british. But at least I like the british dialect...

I don't watch all of TTL's video's because they are so long, but when I am actually thinking of buying something, I always check out his videos first. His reviews are awesome, no one else goes so in depth into products.

Love how he actually says what is on his mind and how he does not really care about the companies. 

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

You guys think I should get the 780 gaming?