Memory leaks

Litargirio

I tend to play Minecraft. After about 10 - 20 times of opening and closing the game, my RAM usage, with all programs closed, is at 99% (I have 16GB). So I have to restart my PC, because it kinda stops working properly. Not that it bothers me to restart my PC, which takes a couple of seconds, but I like having multiple programs open in the background, and having to close them and then open them back up gets kinda annoying.

Question is, does anyone know if there's any (good) software out there that would clean up the the leftovers of the game from the memory so I don't have to restart my PC? Thanks.

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

you've got 16gb of ram and its all being used?

you've got a problem on the pc..and its not minecraft

scan the pc with kasprsky av tool

and malwarebytes and superantispyware

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

I tend to play Minecraft. After about 10 - 20 times of opening and closing the game, my RAM usage, with all programs closed, is at 99% (I have 16GB). So I have to restart my PC, because it kinda stops working properly. Not that it bothers me to restart my PC, which takes a couple of seconds, but I like having multiple programs open in the background, and having to close them and then open them back up gets kinda annoying.

Question is, does anyone know if there's any (good) software out there that would clean up the the leftovers of the game from the memory so I don't have to restart my PC? Thanks.

You mean, like a memory tweak utility?

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

and disable all the startup programs

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

you've got 16gb of ram and its all being used?

you've got a problem on the pc..and its not minecraft

scan the pc with kasprsky av tool

and malwarebytes and superantispyware

and disable all the startup programs

Mate, I don't have any startup programs other than Malwarebytes and Apache server, of which the latter I only use for testing purposes.

I have tested it thoroughly. It is the game. I run my PC 24/7 with no issues, I have had it running for 10 days straight without restarting two weeks ago because I didn't play any Minecraft during that time and the most RAM usage I got was 4-5 gb. It is only once I boot Minecraft up that RAM usage starts acting weird. Basically, this is what happens:

Reboot -                         1gb of RAM used (idle)

Start playing Minecraft - 6gb

Exit Minecraft -               2gb (idle)

Start Minecraft again -   7gb

Exit Minecraft -               3gb (idle)

Start Minecraft again -   8gb

Exit Minecraft -               4gb (idle)

Start Minecraft again -    9gb

Exit Minecraft -               5gb (idle)

Start Minecraft again -   10gb

Exit Minecraft -               6gb (idle)

Start Minecraft again -   11gb

Exit Minecraft -               7gb (idle)

And so on until I have to reboot because the PC stops working. Numbers are not accurate at all, but you get the idea.

You mean, like a memory tweak utility?

The issue is that memory gets allocated but not deallocated completely, so something that would allow me to either automatically or manually deallocate and free up the RAM that is left allocated and not being used.

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

Mate, I don't have any startup programs other than Malwarebytes and Apache server, of which the latter I only use for testing purposes.

I have tested it thoroughly. It is the game. I run my PC 24/7 with no issues, I have had it running for 10 days straight without restarting two weeks ago because I didn't play any Minecraft during that time and the most RAM usage I got was 4-5 gb. It is only once I boot Minecraft up that RAM usage starts acting weird. Basically, this is what happens:

Reboot -                         1gb of RAM used (idle)

Start playing Minecraft - 6gb

Exit Minecraft -               2gb (idle)

Start Minecraft again -   7gb

Exit Minecraft -               3gb (idle)

Start Minecraft again -   8gb

Exit Minecraft -               4gb (idle)

Start Minecraft again -    9gb

Exit Minecraft -               5gb (idle)

Start Minecraft again -   10gb

Exit Minecraft -               6gb (idle)

Start Minecraft again -   11gb

Exit Minecraft -               7gb (idle)

And so on until I have to reboot because the PC stops working. Numbers are not accurate at all, but you get the idea.

The issue is that memory gets allocated but not deallocated completely, so something that would allow me to either automatically or manually deallocate and free up the RAM that is left allocated and not being used.

Most of us would just use task manager and if it's from Minecraft, it would just be Java using the ram. You can end java in task manager really easily. If that doesn't fix it then I would be worried.

2500K @ 4.5GHz | ASRock P67 Extreme 6 | 16GB Ram | GTX 750 Ti | 250gb SSD | 1TB+2TB HDD | 720W CoolerMaster PSU | Essense STX Sound Card | Define R5

Most of us would just use task manager and if it's from Minecraft, it would just be Java using the ram. You can end java in task manager really easily. If that doesn't fix it then I would be worried.

There is no java process left running. You know how task manager displays how much memory each process is using? If I add up all the memory used by all the processess, the total is way lower than the actual total amount of memory being used.

http://processhacker.sourceforge.net/downloads.phpYou could try using something like this to look?

If that doesn't work I have no idea. Reinstall Java (making sure it's 64bit) and/or Minecraft maybe? GL

2500K @ 4.5GHz | ASRock P67 Extreme 6 | 16GB Ram | GTX 750 Ti | 250gb SSD | 1TB+2TB HDD | 720W CoolerMaster PSU | Essense STX Sound Card | Define R5