Fan Controller?

Go to solution Solved by Bleedman0xx,

Any specific products from them you recommend? I just want to hook up my one 200m intake, 3 exhaust, and possibly a watercooling pump...

The CW611 and FC5 V3 were made with water-cooling in mind. You can hook up things like fans and flow-meters to the controller and monitor them.

I recently bought the CW611, bit pricey but the build quality is good. Haven't had the time to use it in a build just yet but I've read good reviews.

Hello Guys,

So for my build I'm working on I was debating... I am going to get 3x Scythe typhoon 1850 rpm fans for my Obsidian 650d case (as exhaust fans) and two of the 3 would be mounted on a radiator. Should I get a fan controller? I just want to make sure these things are quiet since They're 1850 rpm... If so, what fan controller should i get? I'd rather not spend above $50 due to budget...

The Bitfenix Recon fan controller is actually a pretty good fan controller. That is the one I use currently, but my only complaint about it is that the viewing angles for it are horrible. Other than that it works great. and it is $40 on Newegg.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

+1 for Lamptron, they're a little pricey but their fan controllers are pretty good and most importantly (to me at least) look the best.

This is what I recommend. Since your fans use PWM it can be controlled through one fan header on your motherboard and adjust to temperature. 

http://www.swiftech.com/8-waypwmsplitter.asp

Cool, so could I also hook up my water cooling pump up to this as well?

Lamptron has some good ones.

http://www.lamptron.com/

+1 for Lamptron, they're a little pricey but their fan controllers are pretty good and most importantly (to me at least) look the best.

Any specific products from them you recommend? I just want to hook up my one 200m intake, 3 exhaust, and possibly a watercooling pump...

I just got my Nzxt sentry mix 2.It controls PWM and voltage control fans.. And doesn't have the lcd display that all burn out in under a year. And it is only $29 it has 6 30 watt channels and led numbers for each fan that can be changed 6 different colors..

The CW611 and FC5 V3 were made with water-cooling in mind. You can hook up things like fans and flow-meters to the controller and monitor them.

I recently bought the CW611, bit pricey but the build quality is good. Haven't had the time to use it in a build just yet but I've read good reviews.

I just got my Nzxt sentry mix 2.It controls PWM and voltage control fans.. And doesn't have the lcd display that all burn out in under a year. And it is only $29 it has 6 30 watt channels and led numbers for each fan that can be changed 6 different colors..

Just wish it had accent lighting instead of numbered LEDs. Personal preference.

Just wish it had accent lighting instead of numbered LEDs. Personal preference.

I like it cause its plain and not to gimmicky.. Plus I use it to dim my top 2 led strips..Here's a question I hot for you. Can I run two Sp120 hi performance fans off one channel?

I like it cause its plain and not to gimmicky.. Plus I use it to dim my top 2 led strips..Here's a question I hot for you. Can I run two Sp120 hi performance fans off one channel?

As long as the combined total of watts of the fans don't go above the 30 watt per channel limit, yes.

As long as the combined total of watts of the fans don't go above the 30 watt per channel limit, yes.

I knew that. Lol.. But how would I figure that out?Each fan is.25 amps

I knew that. Lol.. But how would I figure that out?

Oh.

Well, in the case of Corsair SP/AF fans it has the Amperage requirement listed on the sticker label on the fan itself. So if it says something like 0.25A, you can use multiplication to figure out how many watts that fan will use.

0.25 * 12 = 3 watts

You multiply by 12 because case fans use power from the 12V rail in the power supply.

Oh.

Well, in the case of Corsair SP/AF fans it has the Amperage requirement listed on the sticker label on the fan itself. So if it says something like 0.25A, you can use multiplication to figure out how many watts that fan will use.

0.25 * 12 = 3 watts

You multiply by 12 because case fans use power from the 12V rail in the power supply.

So then two fans on 1 channel should be no problem then right? I don't know much about amps and watts and such which is why I asked..

So then two fans on 1 channel should be no problem then right? I don't know much about amps and watts and such which is why I asked..

You could run 10 fans on one channel if you wanted to but you'd be pushing the limit. =P So, yes. Two fans on one channel should be no problem at all.

You could run 10 fans on one channel if you wanted to but you'd be pushing the limit. =P So, yes. Two fans on one channel should be no problem at all.

Cool thank you.. :)