[Build Log] **White Metropolis** A Water-Cooled Modular CaseLabs S5+Ped Build (Featured Build Log Winner, Possibly for Sale!)

guitarhero23

just saying bruh ^^ still a great build and i can't wait for more :)

One. More. Tube. To. Go.  (GPU)

I rush ordered and overnighted an order of tube +fittings+misc stuff from PPC's but...they never sent my things out today even though I was talking with them on the phone. To be fair I did have them combine orders but the guy told me exactly what to put and it should go out today, well I never got the email.

ANYWAY.

Fixed that U shaped tube at the bottom (I'm looking at you "hearthofsin") . Installed the acrylic plate to see how it looked that goes from front rad to MOBO tray to coverup the mess downstairs (even though it's gonna be super clean). You can see the holes in it. 1 for CPU cable, 1 for the tube going from Rad to RAM (Hurray for no 90 degree fittings!) 1 hole for 24pin and 2 holes for the GPU cables. The front power/reset cables I sleeved white and will feed straight down where that open square is and underneath the MOBO tray for super stealthiness.  So it appears that I won't get my overnight tomorrow and instead will Wednesday which is going to be my "attempt to finish everything and start leak testing" day because my girlfriend comes back from school Thursday and I want to give her tons of attention since we are long distance when she is at school.

Here is a small low light update for the time being.

KYZ5HFnh.jpg
dJlZj86h.jpg
tpfe09Gh.jpg

One. More. Tube. To. Go. (GPU)

I rush ordered and overnighted an order of tube +fittings+misc stuff from PPC's but...they never sent my things out today even though I was talking with them on the phone. To be fair I did have them combine orders but the guy told me exactly what to put and it should go out today, well I never got the email.

ANYWAY.

Fixed that U shaped tube at the bottom (I'm looking at you "hearthofsin") . Installed the acrylic plate to see how it looked that goes from front rad to MOBO tray to coverup the mess downstairs (even though it's gonna be super clean). You can see the holes in it. 1 for CPU cable, 1 for the tube going from Rad to RAM (Hurray for no 90 degree fittings!) 1 hole for 24pin and 2 holes for the GPU cables. The front power/reset cables I sleeved white and will feed straight down where that open square is and underneath the MOBO tray for super stealthiness. So it appears that I won't get my overnight tomorrow and instead will Wednesday which is going to be my "attempt to finish everything and start leak testing" day because my girlfriend comes back from school Thursday and I want to give her tons of attention since we are long distance when she is at school.

Here is a small low light update for the time being.

KYZ5HFnh.jpg

dJlZj86h.jpg

tpfe09Gh.jpg

How much will you sell her for? (the PC or the girl. Or both)

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

Fixed that U shaped tube at the bottom (I'm looking at you "hearthofsin") 

Haha that is.. wauw ok ^^ but to be fair don't you think it looks even better now? :) i think it came out very nice. 

great job on the bends too it looks really nice. i was excited for this update even tho it was small. hope you get your parts home from PPC's because i want another update :lol:

How much will you still her for? (the PC or the girl. Or both)

I assume you're saying sell? And idk hahaha. I've put over 120 hours on this project not including research time so it would cost $$$. Girlfriends not for sale!

Haha that is.. wauw ok ^^ but to be fair don't you think it looks even better now? :) i think it came out very nice.

great job on the bends too it looks really nice. i was excited for this update even tho it was small. hope you get your parts home from PPC's because i want another update :lol:

Haha I am glad I fixed it as I wasn't sure about it and needed a little nudge to do it. You weren't the only one to comment anyway but I just had to call you out because you were the first. But that's why build logs are posted, get feedback and suggestions and decide if you're man enough to go back and redo things. Thanks.

what ram kit you using?

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

what ram kit you using?

G.Skill Ripjaws X + EK Ram Modules + EK Dominator RAM Block

Is this hard piping or soft?

Comment for a sub, awesome work.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

Haha I am glad I fixed it as I wasn't sure about it and needed a little nudge to do it. You weren't the only one to comment anyway but I just had to call you out because you were the first. But that's why build logs are posted, get feedback and suggestions and decide if you're man enough to go back and redo things. Thanks.

that is so very true. 

feedback can make you reconsider if your solution really was the best one. Ofcourse it is all up to the builder if he or her wants to do it but atleast consider thing when you get feedback ^^ 

this is an awesome build log :) got any news for us soon? ^^

Is this hard piping or soft?

Hard piping 

Comment for a sub, awesome work.

Thanks, you're here near the end of the journey. You get quick results!

that is so very true. 

feedback can make you reconsider if your solution really was the best one. Ofcourse it is all up to the builder if he or her wants to do it but atleast consider thing when you get feedback ^^ 

this is an awesome build log :) got any news for us soon? ^^

Overnighted package arrives today! Will hopefully leak test today and get some final build photo's up by the weekend :)

UPDATE:

ki60Xd7.png

This is the LAST update before the final photos take place.  I didn't post about it but when leak testing I had a slight issue with my midplate.  Basically the photo paper got in between the pass through and the c47 and soaked up little bits of water which ruined the look of it.  In order to fix the paper I had to take THE WHOLE THING apart because the pump that goes through the mid chassis is literally snug right against it. Then I fixed it, accidentally spilled water on it. Then I fixed it, then I spilled AGAIN, I'm so stupid. ANYWAY. The build is basically complete!!! I just have to figure out why the LED's start out bright when I first turn it on, then slowly dim down to almost nothing. It's plugged into a distribution block which is plugged into CHA_FAN1 I'm hoping if I crank up the fan speed in the BIOS or something it'll fix it so that's next on my list (Can anyone confirm this?)

Here are some progress photos from the work since last time and a couple teaser pictures to keep you interested for the final photos.

After much bending I wanted to take the easy way out

hR7rswdh.jpg

Couldn't let myself

YjDFuWJh.jpg

U9Ycp9ih.jpg

Guess it's true what they say about Bitspower fittings being tough to turn!

pkFjDd5h.jpg

vPZfN8ch.jpg

cgWcyxch.jpg

yHnphvqh.jpg

Low Light Teaser Pics:

3Pp5dkfh.jpg

IZDj9Ekh.jpg

1ZUusufh.jpg

Click for some .gif goodness!

Quick Connect/Disconnect Demo (Full walk through in final update)

Wow!!!

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

-love da skizzors-

#nerdgasam

Absolutely beautiful build man! 

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

beautiful :) ! a shame you spilled water on the mid plate :/ and a shame you spilled blood on that beautiful bitspower fitting. i hope it is okay :D

Wow!!!

Thanks!

#nerdgasam

That's how I feel.

Absolutely beautiful build man!

Thanks for the kind words. Be ready for the final photoshoot!

beautiful :) ! a shame you spilled water on the mid plate :/ and a shame you spilled blood on that beautiful bitspower fitting. i hope it is okay :D

The bitspower fitting managed better than I did. My thumb is still cut but the fitting is fine. It's stronger than me :(

Woah man! Superb Build.Bitspower fittings are a bit of a pain.

Thanks bro!

Sneak peak on the final picture release.  Be prepared for outdoors, inside with light, AND night shots for this thing.   I'll be getting them on here tomorrow! It's getting late now I fear people will be sleeping!  Plus I have a video i'm going to post rendering right now.  Using 84% of my i7 and 11GB of RAM to do it! Jeez. My old computer could not function if I was rendering lol.

LYyWAl3.png

RWFIXD2.jpg

looks great! i'm fuckn stoked for the final pictures! :) 

FINAL PICTURES:

aomiphF.jpg

Well guys it's been a long journey and I learned a ton.  Thanks for sticking around.  I'll let the final pictures speak for themselves. Also check out the video at the end for a walkthrough of the thinking behind the valve and pedestal quick disconnect system which was the inspiration as to why I made the build the way I did. Now I just need some sponsored parts so I don't have to wait 3 years to build again!

I would apologize about the amount of pictures but I just have nothing to hide so I'll show you every angle!

Studio Lighting

FIusvmU.jpg

mAeJels.jpg

vVdFur6.jpg

G76SlW0.jpg

4kJI6lp.jpg

jJTki4i.jpg

Gra2Ug5.jpg

50LtaX6.jpg

moKKrsN.jpg

Case LED's

bbUA1bs.jpg

fiZJnmO.jpg

3N7kzqd.jpg

ozJG15N.jpg

I3ls4an.jpg

oCSFYND.jpg

rFMuCB3.jpg

KLqmzru.jpg

EW8Z3YT.jpg

r6NozpD.jpg

WPFjSFo.jpg

Pedestal Off

w5ET9z8.jpg

0l50tCD.jpg

VcGUz25.jpg

vUx0kIS.jpg

Outside

RJDIKIJ.jpg

dUYdcte.jpg

f4kuYbS.jpg

OsmuS7h.jpg

YupLVwk.jpg

pyT1Nu5.jpg

4cQaW8E.jpg

ycRBP9D.jpg

lZJTfdE.jpg

lJbwzKg.jpg

Pedestal Off+On Desk

j32rADv.jpg

GFGlZjc.jpg

Bluzfhc.jpg

Xo6ME7A.jpg

Pedestal ON+On Desk

p3syXdJ.jpg

A7saDWf.jpg

All FINAL photos + Rest of build photos here: http://imgur.com/a/GlWI1

Stay tuned for an overall build VLOG in the coming week that spans the whole build including things I never showed in the build logs.

Hype!!! :)

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

That's a really nice BRZ dude :D

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!

That's a really nice BRZ dude :D

Haha FORGET about the BRZ look at the computer!

Haha FORGET about the BRZ look at the computer!

I love the build, but when I noticed the BRZ, I instantly got excited(car guy here lol)

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!