Asus 780 vs Evga 780 - anyone know any differences

jclappers

So at all the shops i go to they have an Asus gtx 780 and an Evga gtx 780 with exactly the same specs, i was wondering if there is any difference at all apart from the brand name

threse is not a single diffrence if they are both reference. :)

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

Different coolers. I prefer EVGA as Asus has EA style customer service( pathetic waste of time). Some say that the EVGA cooler is worst and al that noise but id rather not run the risk. In other words, if the asus one breaks then you can cry, the EVGA one breaks then you cry for three days and then you get your card back but heres the good part, EVGA actually fix it. Its a sacrifice that I would take if I had million chances. This comes from a former Asus fan bt after having multiple problems with Asus when it is 100% not my fault I began to lose it with Asus.

Bottem line get EVGA.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Different coolers. I prefer EVGA as Asus has EA style customer service( pathetic waste of time). Some say that the EVGA cooler is worst and al that noise but id rather not run the risk. In other words, if the asus one breaks then you can cry, the EVGA one breaks then you cry for three days and then you get your card back but heres the good part, EVGA actually fix it. Its a sacrifice that I would take if I had million chances. This comes from a former Asus fan bt after having multiple problems with Asus when it is 100% not my fault I began to lose it with Asus.

Bottem line get EVGA.

dude he says exact same specs = both are reference the coolers are the same.

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

If you are talking about the reference 780 then get the EVGA one. EVGA has unrivaled customer service from what I read, ASUS is good too but EVGA is godsend. 

dude he says exact same specs = both are reference the coolers are the same.

Nope EVGA had there own reference cooler I thought or they do the nvidia one as well.

EVGA_eigen_koeler_GTX780.jpg

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Nope EVGA had there own reference cooler I thought or they do the nvidia one as well.

EVGA_eigen_koeler_GTX780.jpg

that thing does not cool better than the reference supringly refernce design actualyy runs cooler than some of those non-reference cards out there cause of the Vapor chamber . i think that tech will be used alot from now on.

If you are talking about the reference 780 then get the EVGA one. EVGA has unrivaled customer service from what I read, ASUS is good too but EVGA is godsend. 

Asus is by no means good and many other people will agree as well. I mean they took a gt610 from me and that was a year ago, no responding from email, they sent me DOA boards and then not replying to call in the power of warrenty. They sent me a P55 board last year when I sent an RMA 3 years ago. Gigabyte all the way for any motherboards and thank god to great companies with decent RMA systems. I remember the final email i sent to asus support. It went as follows, you have refused to answer the 4 emails I have sent you last week and you have not sent back the graphics card that I sent you( a gt210 if im correct) as a result I am going to discontinue at and all relations with Asus until I can determine that the support system for Asus improves to match that of it competitors such as Gigabyte. Thats a rough estimate of how it went. I used to cycle between Asus and Gigabyte as there would be offers and Asus boards would be cheaper sometimes and the Gigabytes would be cheaper on other days. I regard Asrock with more respect, hell im show Madcatz has better support.

Listen if you care.

that thing does not cool better than the reference supringly refernce design actualyy runs cooler than some of those non-reference cards out there cause of the Vapor chamber . i think that tech will be used alot from now on.

Interesting, it doesnt matter to me as ill never get a blower style card and ill never get a a small case so that I would need them.

Listen if you care.

I had a titan previously, and I upgraded to 780 SLI with the acx coolers on them, and the acx cooler performs about 10-15 degrees cooler than the titan's stock cooler did.  Personally i like the look if it aswell

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089