Insane Storage Server - Fully 10 Gigabit Network, $1,500 Switch

Here you're talking about super expensive network equipment and I'm here with a 5 year old router that always drops connection and can't even stream a 720p video to another computer.

Already watched on Vessel lol.

This is going to get old very fast.

As for the video, super neat plan.

I want to see it in action

looking at the net graph for in/out at highest rate.

I was wondering what the naming scheme was for a while, and then I realized it's probably based on places in canada.

Makes sense, I suppose.

If there's going to be a separate rendering server, what is it going to be running?

Windows with adobe's multi-machine rendering setup? Or something more high-grade?

You should try to do giveaways every 2 weeks/month from sponsors like tool kit,keyboards, cooling system, cheero power plus, audio books and a lot of cool stuff :);)  :P 

ah I've been looking for storage servers :D this could give me some understanding about that.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Not sure why asrock has such a bad name - almost everytime I look up or hear about their products I see some really kick ass stuff with pretty smart layouts and balling price/performance. Also you never hear anything about reliability issues - you hear that from MSI boards a lot and those are usually more expensive.

CPU: AMD R5 5600x | Mainboard: MSI MAG B550m Mortar Wifi | RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 Rev E | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor | Case: Xigmatek Aquila | PSU: Corsair RM650i | SSDs: Crucial BX300 120GB | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Crucial m500 120GB | HDDs: 2x Seagate Barracuda 4TB | CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | Casefans: Bitfenix Spectre LED red 200mm (Intake), Bequiet Pure Wings 2 140mm (Exhaust) | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

You got enough outlets in the bathroom for all this equipment?  The current draw must be pretty big.

System: Intel Core i5 3570K OC@ 4.4GHz | Cooler Master Hyper N520 | ASUS Maximus V Gene | 8GB Mushkin 1866MHz RAM | MSI R7970 Lightning | Seasonic X-850 | Fractal Design Define R4 White Windowed Edition

Peripherals: BenQ XL2420T 1920x1080@120Hz | Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless (with Cherry MX Browns) Mechanical Keyboard | Razer DeathAdder Left-handed Edition Mouse | ODAC to various things

not sure why I watched this.. understood half of it but meh, it's linus! learn something new everyday!

Not sure why asrock has such a bad name - almost everytime I look up or hear about their products I see some really kick ass stuff with pretty smart layouts and balling price/performance. Also you never hear anything about reliability issues - you hear that from MSI boards a lot and those are usually more expensive.

I think asrock motherboards are great they are in my server and my htpc  and with the 10gbs nic I may get one for my workstaion.

but 2 out of the 4 ram slots in the server have failed and i can't use them THERE GOES 32 GB OF RAM IT BLOWS :angry:

If you're going to build a kickass rendering machine I think it should have to beat Barnacules build just for bragging rights. You need at least 5 more cores on each CPU than him and you need Titan X's instead of 980's :P

Really would be so happy for more of these videos, also Render server Vid? Hells yes please!

I wanted to rake my eyes out and stick knives in my ears while listening and watching this video.  It just wasn't interesting at all to me and so I wait on the day some PhysX benchmark videos come out to make me forget about what I saw and just heard.  :)

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

That sounds re-donk-u-lous!
You guys are insane! And I hope Intel is too, because that dual Xeon render server sounds epic!

When you move all this into your new office, I hope you will install a working toilet and sink in your server room; you know, because its not a true LMG server room without running water and working plumbing... ;)

I have already seen it on vessel, i would like to get a thread as soon as it's available on vessel, not on youtube :(

So what OS's are going onto Whonnock and Ruskin, this was never explained

Case:Corsair Vengence C70 CPU: I7-920 @ 3.62 GHz Ram: Mushkin Radioactive 12GB Mobo: Asus Sabertooth X58 SSD: Samsung 830 128gb Storage: 3TB Seagate PSU: Corsair TX650 GPU: EVGA GTX 760 2gb Waterloop: 2x XSPC EX240/XSPC Raystorm/Alphacool NexXxos 760 block/XSPC Photon 170 Res D5 Vario pump/4 Swiftech Helix Fans

Yeah Linus. Group up with Intel. That would so awesome^^ This will look awesome once everything is finsihed.
I wish I could effort that hardware.

9 of 10 voices in my mind say I'm crazy. The tenth hums the melody of Tetris.

You must release a video one the 45Drives server once you get it

Damn Linus you make me want to get everything you show... cause you know... you can never have enough storage! :P

shouldnt this tread be under build logs :P @nicklmg

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

I am realy looking forward to more videos about networking and storage. Specially the 45Drives appilance and.. well just ALL of it ^^

As so it would be insanely cool if that rendering macine could get real!

'%o  g233t1ngs=Th3Z0ne `$"