Vessel loading times

Anyone else having issues with the vessel videos not loading , loading slow , or not loading in full quality .? If so did you fix it and how

yeah not loving it so far :(

CPU: i7 4790K Cooler: Corsair H55i Mobo: ASUS Z97M-PLUS Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 32GB Storage: Samsung SM951 128GB m.2 Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD GPU: Asus STRIX 970 GTX PSU: Seasonic 550w Gold Case: Corsair 350D

Haven't had any issue myself TBH, and my internet connection speed is crap.

I don't like the inability to change quality. There's just an auto and an on. It didn't feel like it was in 1080. A bit jarring of a switch from youtube.

A bit choppy on my end as well and i hope they will add an option to change the stream quality... On an other note....I like the layout ... it seems like its made for touch screen ?

My HD versions of videos are not HD. Also the framerate seems very low. I experienced this on Luke's video on the Hot Ass.

It rather seems to load faster then youtube, here.

No problems at all.

Intel i5-6600k (Cooled by a 212 evo) - Asus Z170-A - Asus Dual OC GTX 1060 - NZXT S340 - WD 1TB (Getting SSD this month, hopefully) - 8GB DDR4-2400

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2

As far as Vessel goes I prefer Youtube. Loading times are fine for me, though I've only watched the 5K Titan X benchmark.

No Problems at all here.

CPU: Intel i7-8700k 5GHz @ 1.35v | Cooling: EK Predator 360 | MotherBoard: ASUS z370-E | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32gb 3200MHz (4 x 8GB) | GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 TI OC

Case: Rosewill Blackhawk Ultra Modded side panel | SSD: Samsung 512gb 960 Pro | HDDS: 3TB Segate 7200rpm / 4TB HGST 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA G3 1000w | Display:ASUS VG248QE 24" / HP 25" 2511x / SAMSUNG 35" TV

Ex HDD: 3TB WD MyBook USB 3.0 | Keyboard: Rosewill MX Blue / Corsair K70 Red | Mouse: Logitech G602 | OS: Windows 10 64-bit Home Premium

I don't have major issues,.. it loads a little slower than YT.

It's to be expected, the amount of sheer influx of coverage that Linus plus the other channels would bring to the site, their servers are no doubt under way more load than expected.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Loading time is fine for me, selecting HD on still not as good as youtube though :/ (I have 100 mbit internet so I dont see why)

Im not gonna pay for this unless the quality is better than youtube.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Didn't seem choppy for me. Only thing was the image quality.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

My first experience with Vessel wasn't that great either. Initial loading time wasn't that bad but reply was choppy and quality was at best 720p. Also the complete lack of mobile or android support is a big issue. I could care less that they have an iOS app. 

I understand why they are making this move, but if they are going to move to pay platform it needs to offer better playback and options then the free platform they are leaving. In the end this is Google's fault for messing with their revenue stream.

What are the chances of getting an email with a download link or even a magnet torrent link? I'd be willing to seed Linus videos for weeks if it meant constant video quality and playback. If this was an option for monthly supporters, it might push me to sign up.

No problem here.  I actually love their integration much more than YouTube.  Including the 5 second commercials!!! 

Yeah im not a huge fan. Youtube can seemsly load 1080p and barely struggles with 4k but vessel sometimes doesnt even work on high. I was hoping i wasnt the only one with this issue. Its very choppy at times and super annoying :( After my one year is over i doubt imma pay for this. Ill just wait for youtube videos.

[Case Mod] Operation: The Division --- > Here

[CUSTOM WATER COOLED TABLE] Project: Ravage ---> Here

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

@nicklmg was going to chase up to find out where there server's are based.

I think the video quality issues are related to lack of regional caching servers .... this is just a theory though

Its all about those volumetric clouds

Vessel gave me diabetes :P jk

ITS SOOO LAGGYYY

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

I want to like vessel but their load times can't keep up with even the "low" setting but I can open a tab on youtube and load a 720p video and play it while vessel is attempting to load/play or do god knows what.

I want to like vessel, I like the layout, I like the paid no ads service for all content.
Netflix, Youtube and facebbok video all play fine in HD so I hope vessel works out their kinks.

But if it doesn't work I can't use it obviously.

I'm in West Aust. with a 10mbps connection and Vessel is basically unusable for me. Wont buffer, plays for about 5-10 seconds then spends about 5-6 seconds trying to buffer again. Takes about 18 minutes to watch a 10 minute video and because of the lack of continuity, the content of the video is very hard to follow. YouTube is a completely different experience and have never had any issues at all.

I understand Vessel is a newer platform than YouTube and may not be as crisp immediately. I have read many many posts of people with the same issues, Given that Vessel is a paid service and all they do is stream videos, i am disappointed that these issues have not been addressed. I have no problem paying for a subscription to early access content, but given that it cant even deliver me the service that it offers, all I can do is wait for a week to watch the same content on YouTube. I guess I will just keeping trying every single day to see if the service has improved with my fingers, toes and everything else crossed.

[spoiler=REDWING]  REDWING   | Custom Hard Line Water Cooling Loop   |   Intel i7-4790K @ 4.7Ghz   |   Asus Maximus VII Ranger   |   Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-2400 2x8GB   |   2 x Gigabyte GTX970 G1 Gaming (SLI)   |   Corsair AX860i   |   Samsung 850 Pro 512GB   |   Corsair Obsidian 750D   |   Corsair K95 RGB & M65 RGB   |   Samsung SyncMaster S27B370

Project Redwing Build Log

[spoiler=ZedNAS] 'ZedNAS' Home NAS Build   |   Intel Xeon E3 1231 v3   |   ASRock Rack E3C224D4I   |   Kingston KVR16E11/8I 2x8GB   |   Corsair HX750   |   6 x HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB 7200RPM HDD   |   Fractal Design Node 304 mITX Black   |   FreeNAS w/ PleX   |   ZFS Raid-Z2 (16TB Effective)   |

I don't have an issue with load times, but video quality, that's another story. It lacks definition and crispness and that's all videos I have viewed so far, not just LMGs. I don't like the GUI, but I may get used to it, still too early to dismiss it. Also, to me, if I am paying anything to watch your content, I don't even want to see a 5 second ad. There's my 2 cents on Vessel so far. Glad I could help!  :P

CPU: Intel 3570K @ 4.2GHz Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G45  RAM: 8GB Corsair XMS3 GPU: Gigabyte 7850  Case: Corsair 600T Storage: Kingston 128GB(OS) WD 2TB and 320GB

PSU: Coolermaster EX2 625W Display: BenQ G2420HDB Cooling: Noctua NH-D15 Keyboard: Microsoft 4000 Ergo Mouse: Gigabyte GM-M6800 Sound: Logitech 2.1 Operating System: Windows 7

too many problems with vessel loading times...sometimes its unresponsive, other times, its just plain sucks right now...

its so frustrating.. and though i have not tried it for long hours, i did leave it to load itself for like, a half hour and it didnt load, AT ALL...

they really should be getting on increasing their server load issues... it antagonizes me more bcoz i got a way better net connection primarily to watch LTT vids... I get around 6-7 megs down onn speedtest and youtube loads quite fast,but not vessel

I really do hope any member of the team comes across this thread and report, linus, luke, ed, anyone... 

Linus's voice was annoyingly hellish for atleast the first 50 videos that i watched

• 2 weeks later...

I was on 10GB internet on the weekend but only could do 4GB due to the network switch limitation then only 800MB due to Gigabit networking.
Either way I was getting 200 to 800MB/s and Vessel still had loading issues in Australia.