You know, humans are pretty mad because we drive cars

Go to solution Solved by Camul,

I'm all in favour of removing the driver as part of being in a car. Also, don't worry about dying OP. Just worry about living poorly, because that's far, far worse.

Nah, driving still more :D

If you're not motorically challenged and not clumsy you should be fine showering.

But then I have ninja like control and awareness.

I don't know I have decent anti slip set up at my place but I've been to some hotel rooms with bath tubs that were fucking death traps. Besides nobody makes you take a test to see if you're healthy enough to take a shower without falling down, nobody supervises you to make sure you're not doing something stupid like showering when drunk or otherwise intoxicated, nobody checks to see that you're not "speeding" through your showering running in an out literally, etc.

-------

Current Rig

-------

No, you said 'if you don't want to drive that's fine but I will keep driving' 

Seems pretty personal. Like you feared I was taking or saying we should take that freedom from you.

I didn't say a single word about freedom, you have now mentioned it twice though...

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Try belgium, 99% of jobs require a license and a car to even apply for it, im all for public transportation tough

Let's agree to disagree

Nah, you can fill it with other things like helping others/self sacrifice.

You can always get a better life.

Better doesn't mean good, and it definitely doesn't mean worth it. I'm sure a lot of people who killed themselves could have had a better life, buy they decided to do it anyway.

I didn't say a single word about freedom, you have now mentioned it twice though...

Sigh, you somewhat implied it  with 'so we should stop driving' and 'You can do whatever you want but I will keep driving' (or something along those lines) which is related to freedom imo.

let's drop this anyway, whoever's right.

The chances of something going wrong with my truck are statistically greater than a meteor coming down and slamming in that intersection. You know why I said what I did. It's just like flying is controlled falling, it's not actually that safe because so much can go so very wrong.

Yes but your truck is confined to roads and specially designated parking spots and your truck is designed in many ways to break down and not spiral out of control in the even that happens and it's also designed to cause as little damage as possible and just implode if everything else goes wrong.

I think we must appreciate how much it goes into car safety and design and such, in so much as this is the reason why we don't have flying cars yet: We have the technology to provide low weight, slow speed personal flying machines but we also have over 100 years of technology and safety measures implemented into our highway and traffic systems, which is why we don't just go "Fuck it, let em fly to work!"

-------

Current Rig

-------

Eating cereal is dangerous as well. You could have an allergic reaction. You could be startled and stab yourself with a spoon. You could spill milk on life support machine. You could choke.

Life really is a bunch of risks that theres no point worrying about.

Eating cereal is dangerous as well. You could have an allergic reaction. You could be startled and stab yourself with a spoon. You could spill milk on life support machine. You could choke.

Life really is a bunch of risks that theres no point worrying about.

Can you stop the typical and obvious reactions like this :/

Of course, but driving 3 ton vehicles at high speeds is much more dangerous.

Yes but your truck is confined to roads and your truck is designed in many ways to break down and not spiral out of control in the even that happens and it's also designed to cause as little damage as possible and just implode if everything else goes wrong.

I think we must appreciate how much it goes into car safety and design and such, in so much as this is the reason why we don't have flying cars yet: We have the technology to provide low weight, slow speed personal flying machines but we also have over 100 years of technology and safety measures implemented into our highway and traffic systems, which is why we don't just go "Fuck it, let em fly to work!"

You're avoiding human error however. I could fall asleep while driving, have a heart attack, whatever. There's also unfavorable road conditions that could effect your vehicle beyond control? Have you ever hit an ice patch and spun? There is literally nothing you can do about it. Hit an ice patch and then even one vehicle, and you get this:

article-2520578-19F75AC400000578-830_634

There's a lot of features to improve safety but it still is not safe.

Sigh, you somewhat implied it  with 'so we should stop driving' and 'You can do whatever you want but I will keep driving' (or something along those lines) which is related to freedom imo.

No, you are projecting your impressions of Americans on me.

I am pointing out that it is completely acceptable to be a conscientious objector, but its not all that wise to expect everyone else to follow suit. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

No, you are projecting your impressions of Americans on me.

I am pointing out that it is completely acceptable to be a conscientious objector, but its not all that wise to expect everyone else to follow suit. 

Not really, those sentences just heavily relate to freedom the way they are written, to me.

You're avoiding human error however. I could fall asleep while driving, have a heart attack, whatever. There's also unfavorable road conditions that could effect your vehicle beyond control? Have you ever hit an ice patch and spun? There is literally nothing you can do about it. Hit an ice patch and then even one vehicle, and you get this:

article-2520578-19F75AC400000578-830_634

There's a lot of features to improve safety but it still is not safe.

The chances of crashing on that kind of weather are pretty significant actually. The chances however, of getting permanent damage, injury or even death from hypothermia due to walking to work on that same weather however are still worst. 

There's always something to worry about, you could spend your entire life avoiding cars due to safety concerns and still get killed by a car being run over by a drunk driver due to happenstance. You can't live your life in fear, as long as you're a conscious driver you're relatively certain you won't have any major issues. Take this from someone who's actually been on car accidents including a significant neck injury on one, I still prefer driving to exist.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Not really, those sentences just heavily relate to freedom the way they are written, to me.

Don't be worried, I am not in any way concerned that a PC enthusiast from the Netherlands is going to take away my freedoms.

Don't be worried, I am not in any way concerned that a PC enthusiast from the Netherlands is going to take away my freedoms.

I am secretly Obama though.

I am secretly Obama though.

1337981428392.jpg

1337981428392.jpg

Will take ALL your freedomzzzz

wow, cars surprise you, hey planes must blow your face off then

Screw planes lol. I always think of those movies with plane crashes in them. No thanks. Not for me.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.